Are Concrete Lawn/flower Bed Dividers Available?

topt

I have not seen any but does anybody know if anything like a smaller version of a concrete gravel board is available to separate a grassed area from plants and to use as a retainer for stones/shingle and where it may be found? Or anybody have any other practical suggestions?

Also any ideas where to source either shingle and or smooth stones at least two inches in diameter or similar. I am looking to use them to cover the bare earth in the beds as an attempt to try and stop the dogs digging holes close to the house.

Shingle buy at building suppliers, varying sizes/colours. Here the area is shaped with ply and then cemented.

Thanks. I was trying to avoid the problems/hassle of cementing if at all possible unless you are saying they are definitely not available anywhere.

Shingle will be a last resort as would prefer the more decorative stones if someone knows a source close to Pattaya?

If you mean some kind of tiles made from concrete with some pebbles or gravel as surface, then yes they are available in all sizes,shapes and colors.

They may even produce them to your requirements.

I don't know the name of the street, but if you drive from the Nongprue temple towards Pattaya, you take the first street on your left, Then about 1500 meter on your right side.

They also sell pebbles by the bag.

I have the same problem sad.png , the granite spreads across the grass and gets thrown up by the grass cutter machine without a divider. I have looked at the small 2 baht red bricks also the 10 baht pressed blocks (in the attached picture), a better option might be to use Conwood that comes in different thickness and in 3 and four meter lengths, you can also get it in brown pre coloured.

You mention shingle not sure if you mean pebbles or granite, but the following might be of interest.

The big granite quarry south of Silver Lakes has closed, their granite was very good quality dark granite, the only quarries remaining locally seem to be in Chonburi and produce a white granite almost like marble. Price is around baht 3500 14 tons direct or around 700 baht a cube from a building merchant. The picture below is part of my garden with the Chonburi granite on it.

post-22250-0-16868900-1363237380_thumb.j

post-22250-0-99656600-1363237410_thumb.j

If you mean some kind of tiles made from concrete with some pebbles or gravel as surface, then yes they are available in all sizes,shapes and colors.

I don't know the name of the street, but if you drive from the Nongprue temple towards Pattaya, you take the first street on your left, Then about 1500 meter on your right side.

No not the tiles but thanks I may check out the other location.

I have the same problem sad.png , the granite spreads across the grass and gets thrown up by the grass cutter machine without a divider. I have looked at the small 2 baht red bricks also the 10 baht pressed blocks (in the attached picture), a better option might be to use Conwood that comes in different thickness and in 3 and four meter lengths, you can also get it in brown pre coloured.

You mention shingle not sure if you mean pebbles or granite, but the following might be of interest.

The big granite quarry south of Silver Lakes has closed, their granite was very good quality dark granite, the only quarries remaining locally seem to be in Chonburi and produce a white granite almost like marble. Price is around baht 3500 14 tons direct or around 700 baht a cube from a building merchant. The picture below is part of my garden with the Chonburi granite on it.

Can't see any grass there Rimmer smile.png How big are the pieces of Chonburi granite as that is the sort of thing I am looking for - it is just that it looks a bit crushed/gravelly in the pic. I know I said shingle in my OP but I am leaning more to pebble size. Also do you have a more specific location or name of merchant as one or two max cube should do it?

Thanks

Rimmer is using "crushed" granite. I think to stop your dogs from digging you might need the bigger pebbles. With a layer of plastic underneath. I've got a "digger" dog and she doesn't mess with the pebbles, but goes full on in the parts of the garden where it's not covered. She's a small dog, so might be different with bigger dogs?

The big pebbles are sold in bags. Anywhere from 60B per bag to 33B, if you buy in quantity. We get ours down in Ban Chang. Much cheaper and they deliver for 300B or so. Cheapest prices we could find around here.

No not the tiles but thanks I may check out the other location.

>I have the same problem sad.png , the granite spreads across the grass and gets thrown up by the grass cutter machine without a divider. I have looked at the small 2 baht red bricks also the 10 baht pressed blocks (in the attached picture), a better option might be to use Conwood that comes in different thickness and in 3 and four meter lengths, you can also get it in brown pre coloured.

Can't see any grass there Rimmer smile.png How big are the pieces of Chonburi granite as that is the sort of thing I am looking for - it is just that it looks a bit crushed/gravelly in the pic. I know I said shingle in my OP but I am leaning more to pebble size. Also do you have a more specific location or name of merchant as one or two max cube should do it?

Thanks

The pebble size in different sizes are available at the location I metioned at 50 Baht a bag approx 10 Kg.Quantity may earn you some discount.

The quaries in Chonburi are bahind the Big C, but you will need your own transport, especially if you want a small quantity, and there are many different grades available.

Rimmer is using "crushed" granite. I think to stop your dogs from digging you might need the bigger pebbles. With a layer of plastic underneath. I've got a "digger" dog and she doesn't mess with the pebbles, but goes full on in the parts of the garden where it's not covered. She's a small dog, so might be different with bigger dogs?

The big pebbles are sold in bags. Anywhere from 60B per bag to 33B, if you buy in quantity. We get ours down in Ban Chang. Much cheaper and they deliver for 300B or so. Cheapest prices we could find around here.

Thanks yes I was thinking bigger hence my comment about 2" diameter and with enough of them I am hoping to dissuade 2 GSDs. Do you have a location in BC by any chance?

Prices change, so best to check around also. But the main spot we use is on Sukhumvit highway, on the left as you are headed to Ban Chang. Try these Google Map coordinates:

I hope I did that properly! There are 2 garden shops on the left as you pass the light there. It's the second one with all the waterfalls, statues and pots outside. There will be a lot of stacks of rocks also. Best prices we've seen. About 100B for 3 bags. We've ordered hundreds. Tell them Maew from near the Ambassador sent you. Might help with the prices.

Hope this helps!!

Prices change, so best to check around also. But the main spot we use is on Sukhumvit highway, on the left as you are headed to Ban Chang. Try these Google Map coordinates:

I hope I did that properly! There are 2 garden shops on the left as you pass the light there. It's the second one with all the waterfalls, statues and pots outside. There will be a lot of stacks of rocks also. Best prices we've seen. About 100B for 3 bags. We've ordered hundreds. Tell them Maew from near the Ambassador sent you. Might help with the prices.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks - I will have to take a trip out with the gf next week to have a look - usually only go to BC to play golf at Emerald and not been for a while.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks - I will have to take a trip out with the gf next week to have a look - usually only go to BC to play golf at Emerald and not been for a while.

We usually make a day trip out of it. Going to a good restaurant on the beach, then hit the garden shops on the way back. Some really nice restaurants right on the beach there.