Speed Bumps, Zebra Crossings Painted In Jomtien Beach

Rimmer

Speed bumps, zebra crossings painted in Jomtien Beach

n10paint24-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--City engineers hope to cut down on nighttime accidents by repainting speed bumps and pedestrian crossings in Jomtien Beach.

Traffic engineering chief Chalerm Utma took workers to Jomtien Beach Road March 4. Speed bumps were created and painted on sois 3 and 6 and pedestrian “zebra” crossings painted at those streets intersection with Jomtien Beach Road, where traffic lights already exist.
Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/speed-bumps-zebra-crossings-painted-in-jomtien-beach-23315

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2013-03-15 footer_n.gif

The article says to " cut down on night-time accidents ". Have there been many pedestrian fatalities there?

The bumps may have been causing the accidents?

When first installed, they were so severe, people were slamming on their brakes.

Pedestrian overpasses are the only solution for safe crossings. Breaks stop cars , not red lights or paint. Why did city Hall install all those ridiculous / dangerous traffic signals that Thais disregard instead of ped overpasses ?

Because some of those folks at city hall are lucky if they can turn the lights on everday. .

Edited by morrobay

Wast of paint...

the only solution is to get the BiB out collecting tea money.

Or the other way is to get some candid camera shots of near misses and post them on U Tube and hope they go viral, that should get a few asses kicked in law enforcement.

• Like 1

I really cant see pedestrian overpasses working on either beach road or Jomtien. it works for big hi ways, but not on two lane streets. Enforcement is the only way to stop the speeding, but that will never happen. With the baht buses double and triple parking, there is always someone speeding up to pass. Everyone seems to be in a big hurry.

If you are going to paint 'Zebra Crossings' then obviously there needs to be enforcement on vehicles stopping. However there should also be a ban on pedestrians crossing anywhere other than the crossing, and enforcement of that too.

I do not think overpasses would be used on a fairly narrow road.

Until such enforcement rules are being implemented I shall continue to stop only if I see a Zebra waiting to cross the road, for fear of being hit in the rear if I stop for any other reason.