If You Hate Thailand, Why Live Here ?

soi41

people say they have zero interaction becauase they dont like thais dont make sense.

with zero interaction how do you know what there like, maybe there are good ones out there your missing.

I used to have interaction until i got fed up with their attitudes / values / behaviours.

I do not have zero interactions with locals but i wish i did!!

I'm sure as you say there are "good ones" but i'm not interested in finding out.

I have limited interactions with thais, for the reasons you stated.

I have absolutely no interactions with farangs, for those same reasons.

The only interactions i have with other farangs is with guys i have known since school, likewise other farangs can't be bothered with either.

It's amusing, the longer they stay here i can see the less interactions they have with the locals, i laugh when i see how much dealing with them winds them up. I am quite sure within time they will share the same attitude as me.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

someone who cares should do a question poll on TV to see how many of the readers love/hate/don't care Thailand.

I suspect the hate number is not so high.

And what I would love to know is why people who love Thailand and are super sensitive and easily offended by negativity toward Thailand would go into a thread with Hate in the title.

I love cats but I don't go looking for threads about how to BBQ cats or launch cats into space.

It's just common sense unless one enjoys being offended, fake offended or just likes to argue

• Like 1

people say they have zero interaction becauase they dont like thais dont make sense.

with zero interaction how do you know what there like, maybe there are good ones out there your missing.

I used to have interaction until i got fed up with their attitudes / values / behaviours.

I do not have zero interactions with locals but i wish i did!!

I'm sure as you say there are "good ones" but i'm not interested in finding out.

I have limited interactions with thais, for the reasons you stated.

I have absolutely no interactions with farangs, for those same reasons.

Lucky you ! thumbsup.gif Another superior human being. whistling.gif

BYW is posting here considered "interacting" ??

You think I am a superior human being? Thank you. But believe it or not, even I have my faults, such as getting dragged into virtual interaction with a smart ass.

I love Thailand just as I love my own country (USA) but there are definitely things it can/should improve on. I live here because the pros outweigh the cons, i dont think there is any place in the world that has no cons and people are going to complain about them where ever you go. if you dont like reading people complain, dont read the forums.

• Like 2

My experience has always been that if a majority of people has the same opinion about any subject that there must be some truth in it.

The majority of people think as you do; which is how sometimes the majority of people have got facts completely wrong and/or will believe things for which there is actually little or no evidence.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

1. I rent a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom house in Phuket including a gardener two times a week, ADSL, 82 channel cable, 24 hour security, and a 50sqm swimming pool. The rent PER MONTH is roughly the same as I pay on a garage size business storage shed in Australia PER WEEK.

2. Vehicle registration in Australia is about 800 percent more expensive than here.

3. Utility costs are about 500 percent more expensive in OZ than there.

4. I bought chicken maryland pieces (thigh and drumstick) at Tesco this week for 39 baht a kilo.

5. Australia is currently run by a malevolent lesbian puppet...though that will change in the near future to a fascist midget.

6. And finally, here I have a lovely partner as well as two fun giks in their early twenties.

But despite all of this, I am leaving next year because of the BS I have to endure to maintain a long stay visa.

Yes and I'm Winston Churchill!rolleyes.gif

I think there is a natural tendency in expat groups to bitch. It's a coping mechanism, who else can relate to your problems? I also think Thailand in particular attracts certain people who could not make it back home and are not necessarily here by choice. If they could afford it and get as attractice a girlfriend they'd just as rather live in London.

Sez who? I had as successful a life as most people I knew "back 'ome", but chose LOS for the wimmin and the sun, both of which are way way better than I ever saw in London.

<If they could afford it and get as attractice a girlfriend they'd just as rather live in London.>

I lived in London for 10 years and disliked it intensly- dirty, congested, expensive, and was never attracted to any women I met there.

I don't like where I am as much as Pattaya, but it's still heaps better than grimy London.

I think there is a natural tendency in expat groups to bitch. It's a coping mechanism, who else can relate to your problems? I also think Thailand in particular attracts certain people who could not make it back home and are not necessarily here by choice. If they could afford it and get as attractice a girlfriend they'd just as rather live in London.

Sez who? I had as successful a life as most people I knew "back 'ome", but chose LOS for the wimmin and the sun, both of which are way way better than I ever saw in London.

<If they could afford it and get as attractice a girlfriend they'd just as rather live in London.>

I lived in London for 10 years and disliked it intensly- dirty, congested, expensive, and was never attracted to any women I met there.

I don't like where I am as much as Pattaya, but it's still heaps better than grimy London.

I agree.

Almera, I agree that photo is shocking, but if she had been a Filipina servant in Singapore or HK she could easily have 'fallen off the balcony'. In one case, Mrs Singapore beat her Filipina maid so badly that she needed to be hospitalised. Her crime was that she didnt answer the phone 'properly' - this shit goes on all over Asia, and its doled out to Thais as well as people from poorer countries. Doesn't make it right, but the Thais arent the only offenders - the notion that money allows you to do whatever the hell you want is as old as the Pyramids.

1. I rent a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom house in Phuket including a gardener two times a week, ADSL, 82 channel cable, 24 hour security, and a 50sqm swimming pool. The rent PER MONTH is roughly the same as I pay on a garage size business storage shed in Australia PER WEEK.

2. Vehicle registration in Australia is about 800 percent more expensive than here.

4. I bought chicken maryland pieces (thigh and drumstick) at Tesco this week for 39 baht a kilo.

5. Australia is currently run by a malevolent lesbian puppet...though that will change in the near future to a fascist midget.

6. And finally, here I have a lovely partner as well as two fun giks in their early twenties.

But despite all of this, I am leaving next year because of the BS I have to endure to maintain a long stay visa.

Be honest, you don't actually watch all 82 tv channels, do you? It's like saying that you have an Icrapod that holds 2 zillion songs- you can't possibly listen to them all, and probably hate a lot of them, as they were downloaded by a spotty youth at the mall.

However, I do agree with you on the redhead, but who is the midget?

QUOTE:

I hate Thailand because living here turns nice people into people that say disgusting things like the quote above.

What makes you think they were nice to start with?

Circumstances bring out best in people and more than often, the worst

//In other words, she's one of the Hi-So Thais, that most members are married with.

@Semper: Hi-so doesn´t always mean that the person is educated. It could be he just found an educated wife that can say more than "you hansum". :)

• Like 1

//In other words, she's one of the Hi-So Thais, that most members are married with.

@Semper: Hi-so doesn´t always mean that the person is educated. It could be he just found an educated wife that can say more than "you hansum". smile.png

What more do you need than 'you hansum" to live happily ever after ?? wub.png

I complain about Cambodia & Laos but we continue to run businesses there, I complain about Hua Hin but can't resist the family compound there, I complain about Bangkok traffic and worse but continue to live here...So when farangs complain about Thailand its cos' a part of them is tied to the place, hence they cannot bear to see Thailand continue a process of slow decay - with 000 police, corrupt govt, garbage piled high on streets, no road rules.......(think I've covered some of the main ones thumbsup.gif on behalf of my farang friends).

Many Thais like me who studied in Spore or Hkg, Taiwan, Japan......and returned share the sentiment of complaining farang. People hope that somewhere someone will listen to the complain or curse even if its only little TV. Others simply want to vent. Each to their own. The question 'why live here' is therefore quite stupid. Its like asking a man who regularly vents about his dislike for bad smells "Why do you shit"?. After all its something normal people do, some more often than others. The question "Why do you live here" is quite idiotic. What Thailand does not need is "apologists" and definitely not farang ones.

Understand where you are coming from. And agree with some of your sentiments, but to change the system takes time and a certain degree of knowledge. So what I am reacting to, is that most negative post here on anything Thai, are coming from people, who know zero, zilch, nothing about Thai society. So instead of dismissing anything Thai, what about a little constructive criticism. And no, it doesn't have to be a waste of time. As you know Hua Hin, you will know the little roundabout crossing the railroad direction Palau road. The roundabout was created on my suggestion to the cityplanners here. I know it doesn't change the world, but if you want to be part of society here, sometimes you have to make an effort. thumbsup.gif

If You Hate Thailand, Why Live Here ?

I'm not sure, but I think cheap living and the availability of women has something to do with this. rolleyes.gif

Getting less and less cheap, so hopefully this crowd will eventually move on.

I'd much prefer those who like to throw money away and don't like women.biggrin.png

I complain about Cambodia & Laos but we continue to run businesses there, I complain about Hua Hin but can't resist the family compound there, I complain about Bangkok traffic and worse but continue to live here...So when farangs complain about Thailand its cos' a part of them is tied to the place, hence they cannot bear to see Thailand continue a process of slow decay - with 000 police, corrupt govt, garbage piled high on streets, no road rules.......(think I've covered some of the main ones thumbsup.gif on behalf of my farang friends).

Many Thais like me who studied in Spore or Hkg, Taiwan, Japan......and returned share the sentiment of complaining farang. People hope that somewhere someone will listen to the complain or curse even if its only little TV. Others simply want to vent. Each to their own. The question 'why live here' is therefore quite stupid. Its like asking a man who regularly vents about his dislike for bad smells "Why do you shit"?. After all its something normal people do, some more often than others. The question "Why do you live here" is quite idiotic. What Thailand does not need is "apologists" and definitely not farang ones.

Perhaps the government should employ a think tank; made up of professionals who are native Thais that have lived abroad for more than 10 years.

• Like 1

For the first time ever, I've become rather appreciative of Thailand's visa rules.

Great putdown, Samran... subtle. Of course, being back home in what ever country he came from will not stop him from posting.

• Like 1

I have a question for all those that get upset when somebody says something negative about Thailand.

Is critisizing the present government (elected by a vast majority of Thais) also to be seen as Thai bashing?

If you love Thailand so much, should you not respect the people's choice? Even if that choice temporarily lives in Dubai?

Edited by nidieunimaitre

I have a question for all those that get upset when somebody says something negative about Thailand.

Is critisizing the present government (elected by a vast majority of Thais) also to be seen as Thai bashing?

If you love Thailand so much, should you not respect the people's choice? Even if that choice temporarily lives in Dubai?

I think the vast majority of people who are negative about Thailand are also negative about the present government. Is that what you are trying to say?

chiangmaikelly, on 18 Mar 2013 - 11:19, said:

nidieunimaitre, on 18 Mar 2013 - 11:05, said:

I think the vast majority of people who are negative about Thailand are also negative about the present government. Is that what you are trying to say?

Personally I think that the majority of rosy glassed posters have no problem with critisizing the thai electorate. Personally I think that those posters should make up their minds.

But who are you and me??? Let THEM reply.

Personally I think that the majority of rosy glassed posters have no problem with critisizing the thai electorate. Personally I think that those posters should make up their minds.

Critising the Thai electorate (or any electorate for that matter) is part of the democratic process. As long as the criticism is based on knowledge, and remembering that, whatever you personally think of the government, THEY are the majoritys choice. The problem I have with the negativity here, is the it is on the same level as the Thai opposition. Just go to facebook and you will soon find out, that Ms Yingluck are described as "kwai daeng" by people, who oppose her. And in general the "experts" here on TV, criticising Thailand are on the same low level.

BTW, I have the feeling that a lot of posters here are teachers (??), why not work in S. Korea or Japan for higher saleries in much more organised societies. Or don't they accept your grey "qualifications" ?

Critising the Thai electorate (or any electorate for that matter) is part of the democratic process. As long as the criticism is based on knowledge, and remembering that, whatever you personally think of the government, THEY are the majoritys choice. The problem I have with the negativity here, is the it is on the same level as the Thai opposition. Just go to facebook and you will soon find out, that Ms Yingluck are described as "kwai daeng" by people, who oppose her. And in general the "experts" here on TV, criticising Thailand are on the same low level.

BTW, I have the feeling that a lot of posters here are teachers (??), why not work in S. Korea or Japan for higher saleries in much more organised societies. Or don't they accept your grey "qualifications" ?

Do you hate teachers?

And what do you mean with "your" grey qualifications? You talking to me? The only grey about me is my hair, I moved to Thailand after my retirement.