I Would Like To Go To Bed... But

rene123

But I forgot my ear plugs. The neighbours across the street are having a party... a noisy one. They have loud speakers set up and are singing kareoke off key in Thai language. Of course, isn't ALL Thai music off key?

I enjoy a party as well as the next person, but I don't inflict my music on others. Oh well, it is Saturday night and people are having fun. That should be all that matters. I also understand that Thais can sleep through ANYTHING even though westerners can't... unless drunk. Unfortunately, I'm not drunk and have no interest in going to the local 7-11 to buy enough booze to get drunk.

Yah, I know, I should have posted this on Facebook instead of here, but isn't this the complaint forum?

• Like 2

OP said it herself; this is a Saturday night. Take a xanax or somethin'

If you're hot you can come sleep my place.

Edit : Better send me a picture first, I'm a bit picky.

I'm sure she will . . . if you send her one showing you're not a corpulent walrus with a combover

• Like 1

OP said it herself; this is a Saturday night. Take a xanax or somethin'

If you're hot you can come sleep my place.

Edit : Better send me a picture first, I'm a bit picky.

I'm sure she will . . . if you send her one showing you're not a corpulent walrus with a combover

I'm sure he's been told many times he's a 'Hansum Man',even in his wife beater and thongs!

• Like 1

I'm in bed but too lazy to sleep. Now beat that.

would i be right in assuming a flannelette nighty????giggle.gif

if its any consolation they are selfish gits as is anyone who makes noise that bothers others.

Remember the Thai neighbour who shot his neighbour after years of noise.

The OP made me Lololol

The Thai scale is nowhere near that in western tonal harmony. As they delve into non-traditional Thai music, like that of the west, the younger generations are picking it up though. Also at the music depts at the universities.

But i do know what you mean, i always keep a set of earplugs with me.

Have you tried moving into a Wat?

If its directly in the neighbourhood the noise is constant with laypeople visiting throughout. If it is in a more rural area one can't escape the morning wake up call/maw laam music (blasting from the speakers and often the same tune everyday), or the karaoke from a couple kilos away at night until early morning wake(itchy ear song, the allergy song, ban hao, etc.) A few quiet ones but one really has to search them out.

Edited by hookedondhamma

OH ! go to bed you sad git.

Rene, Thais just love noise, if someone dies in your'e Mooban, you get noise for about a week from morning till night, very unpleasant noise at that. It is Thai tradition to have these noises when people die, I will never be critical of that, but these big loud speakers have nothing to do with tradition, it is only in recent decades this has started. Think of young babies having to listen to that racket from 7am till about 11pm every day for about a week. This is another reason why I question Thai mentality. I do not come on to this forum to Thai bash as some would say, I just call things as I see them, and I certainly have a lot to praise about this country.

I went to bed despite the noise and actually fell asleep. Then, I woke up when the noise stopped about 2 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. Ah, but it's just one of the many things I love about Thailand. There is a freedom here that I don't see back home. How can you complain about people having fun and enjoying themselves? Back home in Canada somebody would make a report to the police and an hour later there would be flashing blue and red lights and a whole lot of unhappy shouting. At least I got to sleep in this morning and only the sunshine woke me up..

• Like 1

Because you might disturb others in their freedom to rest. I would rather call it careless a lot of the time, just like many other things here. Don't get me wrong, we do tend to be over regulated in the West, I agree. Thailand is the other extreme, though.

• Like 1

OH ! go to bed you sad git.

Rene, Thais just love noise, if someone dies in your'e Mooban, you get noise for about a week from morning till night, very unpleasant noise at that. It is Thai tradition to have these noises when people die, I will never be critical of that, but these big loud speakers have nothing to do with tradition, it is only in recent decades this has started. Think of young babies having to listen to that racket from 7am till about 11pm every day for about a week. This is another reason why I question Thai mentality. I do not come on to this forum to Thai bash as some would say, I just call things as I see them, and I certainly have a lot to praise about this country.

Talking about recent noise developments. I have just noticed in the past 2 or 3 months that a lot of these inter-provincial buses, the daytime ones, have big f*ckoff karaoke style speakers mounted somewhere but facing outside and they play some morlam or ramwong cacophony at full volume when passing through the suburbs and towns. Getting trapped near one at traffic lights is much more scary than being near one of those silly pickups with the tray loaded with speaker boxes.

Now if they started playing Zeppelin or AC/DC or the like, it may be OK.

• Like 1

It is against the law to have music after midnight and loud amplified music needs a b300 licence.

...and, you can get the 300 baht license the morning after if some cranky, bothersome, humourless farang neighbour calls the cops on your spontaneous, moobahn, all night birthday party for the wife, replete with singers, comedians and dancers.

• Like 1

It is against the law to have music after midnight and loud amplified music needs a b300 licence.

...and, you can get the 300 baht license the morning after if some cranky, bothersome, humourless farang neighbour calls the cops on your spontaneous, moobahn, all night birthday party for the wife, replete with singers, comedians and dancers.

In the morning after, it would rather be the 1'000 Baht "licence" for the cop showing up to forget he was ever called to "investigate"...

yesterday you were attacking Buddhism and monks.

Today its Thai's and their music, all Thai music is off key you say.

In Australian neighbors have parties to, maybe their music annoys people, how dare the Thai's enjoy the music they were born with.

you sound like a real ball of joy.

yesterday you were attacking Buddhism and monks.

Today its Thai's and their music, all Thai music is off key you say.

In Australian neighbors have parties to, maybe their music annoys people, how dare the Thai's enjoy the music they were born with.

you sound like a real ball of joy.

i wasn't attacking Buddhim or monks. I just saw a discrepancy between the well off monks and the people who are feeding them. I also compared it to most other religions in the world where the poor have been brainwashed into believing the BS that churches press on them.

You sound like too much of a sourpuss to be anywhere close to.

I also said I can understand and accept people having fun on a saturday night... even though it kept me up last night when I was tired from a long day. And yes, had I gone down and joined them they would probably have accepted me as one of theirs and offered me a beer. That is how the Thais are... friendly.

point the finger at the government not the Buddhist, they are responsible for the people, not the local Abbott.

no one is obligated to make donations, it is not like Hillsong church where a Bpay direct debit form is under every seat.

off coarse as a lifelong Buddhist and former Monk such misinformation in posts does make one somewhat sour.

who is the sourpuss, the one your pointing your finger at (a Buddhist), or should you be more aware of where the other four fingers are pointing, your the one complaining and being sour.

• Like 1