Ground/minced Beef

suegha

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thai recipes using minced beef

example

- minced beef deep fried (minced beef+egg+floor+garlic+adjust taste)

- phad kraproa minced beef (with holy basil)

- Guey Teaw Neu Sub (rice noodle fried topping with minced beef gravy)

- Phad Phed Neu Sub ( stired fried minced beef with chilly paste)

- Hau Gling ( stired fried minced beef with chilly paste , southern style)

-Larb Neu

etc

One of my favorite fastfoods

Stir-Fry is best.

Hamburger, bacon, potatoes, green onions, peanuts, a touch of ketchup for color, So many variations on nuts and other ingredients, and also many ways to cook it... My favorite is to fry up the small-chunked potatoes, add the hamburger and cook until almost done. Drain 90% of the oil. Cook bacon seperately, then add to the beef. Add the green onions and peanuts, followed by enough ketchup to give it some colour... Cook a couple of minutes to get the ketchup throughout.

Great comfort food :o

Yeah, it's not traditional Thai food... :D

Edited by Ajarn

Guey Teaw Neu Sub

rice tape noodle with minced beef

1 stirred fried the noodle with black sweet soy sauce

2 oil + garlic fried add minced beef , chopped onion ,chopped tomato..add flavor as sugar ,fish sauce.. after that add water and floor solution for make it thick , add pepper

topping the 2 on 1

ps.. can topping it with fried egg or raw egg

ps2 add more taste with chilli powder and vinegar ,optional

Phad Phed Neu sub

1 oil + red chilli paste + minced beef .. adjust taste with sugar, fish sauce

2 add egg plant , abit of water and thai sweet basil

ps, can use sliced pumpkin instead quater chopped of egg plant

Edited by BambinA

Guey Teaw Neu Sub

rice tape noodle with minced beef

1 stirred fried the noodle with black sweet soy sauce

2 oil + garlic fried add minced beef , chopped onion ,chopped tomato..add flavor as sugar ,fish sauce.. after that add water and floor solution for make it thick , add pepper

topping the 2 on 1

ps.. can topping it with fried egg or raw egg

ps2 add more taste with chilli powder and vinegar ,optional

Phad Phed Neu sub

1 oil + red chilli paste + minced beef .. adjust taste with sugar, fish sauce

2 add egg plant , abit of water and thai sweet basil

ps, can use sliced pumpkin instead quater chopped of egg plant

Cheers Bambi, as ever, you are a gem! :o

errr i mean flour , not floor :o

Your recipes are "looking" great but please use corn flour instead of flour(wheat).

Sorry to correct you, I am a chef.

May be I give you some cooking lessons and you take care(just in case) for my Rotti.

A deal?

Have a nice Sunday!

Gerd

It's not Thai but how about a chili for a change.

Fry 8 large chopped onions and a dozen cloves of crushed garlic in olive oil until the onions are soft. Add to a large pot with 36 fl oz of beef stock. Brown 3 kg of beef mince in the same oil adding a bit more if insufficient. Add the mince to the pot. Add 4 large tins of chopped tomatoes (about 4 lb) to the pot and 3 tablespoons tomato paste. Grind 4 tsp cayene, 4 tsp oregano, 4 tsp cumin seeds, and 6 tsp salt to a powder and add to the pot. Add a dozen or so chopped fresh hot green chilis. Mix it all up, bring to the boil then simmer for around 1.5 hours until the mince is tender. Stir occasionally. If you wish, kidney beans can be added prior to the simmering (about 2 lbs).

Edited by jayenram

Fry 8 large chopped onions and a dozen cloves of crushed garlic in olive oil until the onions are soft. Add to a large pot with 36 fl oz of beef stock. Brown the beef mince in the same oil adding a bit more if insufficient. Add the mince to the pot. Add 4 large tins of chopped tomatoes (about 4 lb) to the pot and 3 tablespoons tomato paste. Grind 4 tsp cayene, 4 tsp oregano, it needs 4 tsp cumin seeds with the ground spices, and 6 tsp salt to a powder and add to the pot. Add a dozen or so chopped fresh hot green chilis. Mix it all up, bring to the boil then simmer for around 1.5 hours until the mince is tender. Stir occasionally. If you wish, kidney beans can be added prior to the simmering (about 2 lbs).

How many are you catering for with this? Looks like you're feeding a multitude! Although you don't mention how much mince to use.

Sounds like a nice recipe though.

How many are you catering for with this? Looks like you're feeding a multitude! Although you don't mention how much mince to use.

I was gonna say the same. Maybe he cooks it at the start of the week so that when he gets back from the pub(every night) he can stick it in the microwave. Should last a while. :o

I was gonna say the same. Maybe he cooks it at the start of the week so that when he gets back from the pub(every night) he can stick it in the microwave. Should last a while. :o

I also like to cook large quantities, it keeps for ages and tastes better the older it gets. He did seem to be doing massive amounts though!

Another non-Thai dish... easy and tasty

Sloppy Joe

1 large onion diced

2 lbs minced beef

2 tblsp Worchestire sauce

1 cup ketchup

add garlic powder and salt and black pepper to taste.

Brown minced beef and diced onion, drain fat, add ketchup, worchestire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Let simmer for 10-15 min, put on bread, with mustard or mayo.

Great with chips

Tums for dessert may cause heartburn :o

Sloppy Joe

1 large onion diced

2 lbs minced beef

1 cup ketchup

Brown minced beef and diced onion, drain fat, add ketchup, worchestire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Let simmer for 10-15 min, put on bread, with mustard or mayo.

Great with chips

Tums for dessert may cause heartburn :o

Oooh, another non-Thai dish in the Thai food forum, that's anarchy that is...

Sloppy Joe

1 large onion diced

2 lbs minced beef

1 cup ketchup

Great with chips

Tums for dessert may cause heartburn :D

Oooh, another non-Thai dish in the Thai food forum, that's anarchy that is...

Put some of those little red peppers in there, put over rice and call it

Phad Phu Sloppy Joe Gai Pan! Tasty :o

• 1 month later...

Sounds like a nice recipe though.

I don't know how I missed that. Around 6 lb of minced beef.

I use those 500 ml plastic food storage boxes and freeze the 'left over' chili. It's good for around 3 months.

Btw, Blonco, I checked those recipes that you accused me of copying. Not one of them has fresh chilis in and the cooking times are between 20 and 30 mins!

I'm knocking up another today. These are the chilis that I'll be putting in:

post-123-1146885855_thumb.jpg

Fry 8 large chopped onions and a dozen cloves of crushed garlic in olive oil until the onions are soft. Add to a large pot with 36 fl oz of beef stock. Brown the beef mince in the same oil adding a bit more if insufficient. Add the mince to the pot. Add 4 large tins of chopped tomatoes (about 4 lb) to the pot and 3 tablespoons tomato paste. Grind 4 tsp cayene, 4 tsp oregano, 4 tsp cumin seeds, and 6 tsp salt to a powder and add to the pot. Add a dozen or so chopped fresh hot green chilis. Mix it all up, bring to the boil then simmer for around 1.5 hours until the mince is tender. Stir occasionally. If you wish, kidney beans can be added prior to the simmering (about 2 lbs).

6 Teaspoons of salt....................very healthy................not !

• 5 months later...
6 Teaspoons of salt....................very healthy................not !

It doesn't sound a lot considering there will be over 12 litres of finished product. Also during the 1.50 hours cooking time I drank 2 pints of beer and smoked 3 cigarettes. I can't imagine a few grams of salt doing more damage than those did.

:o:D