Ground/minced Beef

suegha

Thanks Suegha, yes it is simple really, done some tonight while making spag bol, another little query, we buy beef top round/rump from Tesco lotus, this usally has a good fat rind on it, which i never eat, perhaps if i fried this to nothing, it would also make beef dripping?

Tip of the day, these top round beef steaks are usally tough, slice steak half inch thick, soak in milk for 2 hours, fry for 3 mins either side and its tender as fillett!!

5 4 3 2 1 stop COOKING

Rgds Lickey..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't mind your beef tasting a little sweet, trying soaking the rougher cuts of beef in pineapple juice. It really does work. I used to use this when I was a poor student. BTW, you can re-use the pineapple juice for a few days, just keep it in the fridge - looks horrible, still works. Throw it away when you think you should!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cuban, no i suppose its not a health food in the Thai climate, i did look at the site you posted, thankyou, beef dripping is something i miss, along with Marmite,Colemans Mustard, real cheddar cheese to name a few, in the 1960/70s when we had real winters in UK, things like beef dripping and suet dumplings were a means to protect yourself against the cold, bit like a russian or a walrus really, I dont lust after beef fat, but i would like an ocasinal dripping on toast for supper, enjoy your food, thats important!! Cheers, Lickey..

I made a Penang curry using minced beef, it was delicious!

Got me thinking though. I can't recall seeing any thai recipes using minced beef. Any ideas please?

Minced beef in Thailand? Yuk.

What do you suppose that Thai butcher is throwng in there anyway?

I'll eat a burger at the JW Marriott sometimes. They grind their own beef and only keep it 24 hours.

Delicious too.

I'll eat a burger at the JW Marriott sometimes. They grind their own beef and only keep it 24 hours.

Delicious too.

If I need minced beef, I mince my own. Then I know exactly what goes in it. :o

post-123-1178239406_thumb.jpg post-123-1178239705_thumb.jpg

I made a Penang curry using minced beef, it was delicious!

Got me thinking though. I can't recall seeing any thai recipes using minced beef. Any ideas please?

Delicious too.

I regularily buy minced beef, ready packed at tesco lotus in Udon, ive never had a bit of gristle or bone in any packet, i use it to make spag bol, cheese burghers, sheperds pie ect, its 8 months since i first spotted it and i always buy 4 packs a fortnight, im a very fussy eater, eg, in uk, if i bought fish and chips and there was a bone in the fish, i would never go to that shop again, anyway, good luck with your Mariott burghers, perhaps they could sell you some mince?

• 4 weeks later...
Lovely pic!! i fell on my kitchen knife drooling over pic!! but still kicking,

I had a nasty shock last night. Knocked up a beef stew and dumplings (for a change) and FG tried it. She loved the dumplings! And I only have 4 1/2 packets of suet left.

post-123-1180396974_thumb.jpg

Ive been folowing this topic since it started, and have decided to eat before i see jayenrams posts and pics, I inadvertently looked at the topic thinking he cant have any more pics!! and whats worse is the meal pic is life-size!! I can taste those atora dumplings with a little fresh ground black pepper and a pinch of salt, its unreal after nearly a year without,,but its made me hungry as usual and gonna have some emmantal on toast with Lea & Perrin on it, just to stop the hunger pains, :o