First Time Taking Laptop To Thailand - Is This The Proper Packing?

tomx2

Hi.

Will be traveling in two weeks to Thailand for 8 months with my new Dell Latitude laptop.

Would just like to verify if the computer peripherals accompany me, are packed correctly for TSA screaming.

Did take a look on the TSA website, but just want to verify with you veterans who travel often with your laptop.

9-cell (97 Whr) Lithium Ion battery – Fully charged and attached to the laptop with carry-on luggage.

2 Dell Battery Chargers- Will pack 1 in a plastic ziploc bag sealed with tape as a carry-on
luggage.

The other Charger will be in a plastic ziploc sealed/taped in my checked luggage.

6Ft Power cord – In plastic ziploc sealed with tape in my checked luggage.

Mouse & USB Dongle – Together in plastic ziploc sealed with tape carry-on luggage.

WI-FI Range Extender - In plastic ziploc sealed with tape carry-on luggage.

BTW: Will be flying from New York(JFK)→ Seoul Korea → Bangkok.

Thanks for your feedback.

TC.

Don't worry about all this stuff. I've been bringing laptops in/out here land/air (carry-on luggage via air), for the past three years, never a hassle.

Just make sure the comp. is not packed in original box, or you may get hit-up for ~40% tax. AA

Don't worry about all this stuff. I've been bringing laptops in/out here land/air (carry-on luggage via air), for the past three years, never a hassle.

Just make sure the comp. is not packed in original box, or you may get hit-up for ~40% tax. AA

I don't think there is 40% tax. Did you actually pay this, or are you making it up. I've had electronics sent to Thailand from USA and UK, and tax was 5-10% max. Sometime 0%.

Keep the tape on the roll..

You're allowed 2 carry on "bags". One size appropriate roller bag, and one "personal item". (Many) Women carry purses, (many) men use backpacks.

Since you like to keep things nice and neat, just ziplock the plastic bags and be done with it.

Use a size appropriate backpack to carry the laptop, one of the chargers and a power cord, leave the 2nd charger in your checked baggage. If you must, carry the mouse and dongle in the backpack. Don't make the backpack too heavy.

Everything else, pack in checked baggage.

Travel light, relax, enjoy.

"Will be traveling in two weeks to Thailand for 8 months with my new Dell Latitude laptop.

Would just like to verify if the computer peripherals accompany me, are packed correctly for TSA screaming."

As long as they only scream at you and don't do other things, for example, screening, you won't have a problem.

Actually, it's when they stop screaming at you and fall silent or walk off and talk among themselves in a separate area that you really have a problem.

You won't have any issues whatsoever; every 2nd traveller has a laptop.

They might take a look inside at some X-Rays stations if you have an excessive amount of electronics. (Happened to me occasionally as I had my backpack stuffed with USB sticks, external hard disks, and about 10 other electronic devices beside the laptop. but even that was OK).

Edited by nikster