Shipping Agents Located In Bangkok For Aussie Customer

sammy1sammy1

Hi there,

I Am traveling to Bangkok in May to source out clothing samples for my small clothing business i have recently started. I am looking for someone to assist in the shipping process during our time in Bangkok and also over see the process when we return back to Australia (Brisbane, Queensland).

I am only going to be buying SAMPLES so i will be buying clothing lots of 10-15 items of clothing per clothing type most likely. I cant imagine i will be buying more then 100-150 pieces of clothing items in total.

Regards

Sam

I have a Canadian friend who tramps all over Asia October - May buying up small lots of clothes for his business, a nicnack shop in the centre of Canada. He found the most cost effective way was to seamail using Malaysia postal services. Not sure if that helps you, however. AA

Becareful with the use of "Samples" on documentation, some Customs officials in Oz will insist they are made not useable or saleable like drilling holes through one shoe, cutting the back out of shirts etc.

• Like 1

Also, you will find that most designs are made in single lots that are rarely repeated, once they are sold out, they're gone.

A friends sister had a shop in the UK and he would buy dresses and such in Thailand and sendthem to her there to sell but almost every time they needed to resupply a popular item, it would be no longer available. They tried giving samples of the items to small manufacturers here to duplicate but sourcing the same material, maintaining quality as well as not paying much more per item than originally paid proved nearly impossible.

where did she purchase her clothing in Thailand?

I will be buying at the wholesale markets in Bangkok, do you know it she brought there to? That would be annoying if they just stopped lines..

Defiantly something i will ask when buying from the wholesalers.

Thanks CharlieH, i will tread lightly with the word 'samples' didn't think of it in the aspect from a customs point of view. thank you=]