Yamaha Yzf R250

SumetCycle

here we go. it is fully official and full specs.

http://www.rushlane.com/yamaha-yzf-r25-price-specs-features-photo-gallery-12118893.html

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/production-yamaha-r25-finally-unveiled/25018.html

They say, Yamaha sold 2800 of them within 25 hours!!!

Good things: 36 hp engine, dual discs at front and good design.

Bad things: A bit porky at 166 kg and low torque at high rpms.

But i think it will sell well.

Same Thai websites claim a price of 140 - 150 k thb which is good if you ask me.

Good job yamaha.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I am hoping they sell in Thailand.

Not that I am buying but would like to see

them here in Thailand

166kg is not bad for a twin IMHO

still a good 6kg under other twins like Ninja

And only 2kg more than Honda 300 single cylinders

but with 20% more hp

Fair trade for the power & 14k reline I think

Am looking forward to some real world reports.

• Like 1

Yes I am hoping they sell in Thailand.

Not that I am buying but would like to see

them here in Thailand

166kg is not bad for a twin IMHO

still a good 6kg under other twins like Ninja

And only 2kg more than Honda 300 single cylinders

but with 20% more hp

Fair trade for the power & 14k reline I think

Am looking forward to some real world reports.

mania, yes, you cannot ask more than this from a 250 cc twin, you are right.

it is not heavier than the competition but expecting a bit less. Our expectation levels are rising:)

14k rpm redline and shift light is great!

But no slipper clutch i guess?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is the R25 available in TL yet? I have seen and ridden the R15. I want the R25 with Blue and White paint scheme.

I don't think so, yet

I asked about it and nobody knew about it.

Doesn't mean it's not coming...

:D

Is the R25 available in TL yet? I have seen and ridden the R15. I want the R25 with Blue and White paint scheme.

I don't think so, yet

I asked about it and nobody knew about it.

Doesn't mean it's not coming...

biggrin.png

Thanks for the response. I can't seem to confirm. When I rode the R15 sometime back they said they are coming. Just wanted to confirm.

i think we might see it at the motor expo bangkok end of November.

You probably will see a 250cc with off-road tires from Yamaha, but I doubt that you will see the YZF-R25...

Edited by Richard-BKK

You probably will see a 250cc with off-road tires from Yamaha, but I doubt that you will see the YZF-R25...

lets see richard!

lets see richard!

WR250R would be nice!

The R15 looks very impressive (big) from the front.

I don't think I'd be happy climbing onto something with such a low amount of HP though. The R25 could be interesting.

It may look big in a pic but in the flesh it's tiny.

I was talking about in the flesh.

From the front it looks a lot bigger than 150cc and needs a double take.

The low end power feels almost the same to the cbr 250, the R15 has much stronger lowend than the cbr150.

no, cbr250r gives its maximum torque of 23 nm at 7000 - 7500 rpm but yzf r 250 is giving 22,6 nm it at 10,000 rpm.

honda is more like a real world bike with more commuting credentials and yzfr250 is more like a rev happy machine.

but yes, r15 has more low down grunt bc it is a sohc bike so not revvy in nature.

Iike the design of these small cc yamahas and expect a lot from yzfr250 or maybe that rumored r320 three cylinder might released i hope?

The low end power feels almost the same to the cbr 250, the R15 has much stronger lowend than the cbr150.

no, cbr250r gives its maximum torque of 23 nm at 7000 - 7500 rpm but yzf r 250 is giving 22,6 nm it at 10,000 rpm.

honda is more like a real world bike with more commuting credentials and yzfr250 is more like a rev happy machine.

but yes, r15 has more low down grunt bc it is a sohc bike so not revvy in nature.

Iike the design of these small cc yamahas and expect a lot from yzfr250 or maybe that rumored r320 three cylinder might released i hope?

I was referring to the R15 lowend compared to the CBR 250, and notice how I said: ' almost '.

I actually test rode one and I own a CBR 250.

• 1 month later...

Any more info on when the YZF R25 will be available in Thailand?

LL2 says that Yamaha will likely introduce the YZF-R25 at a motorcycle show in November, I say, if Yamaha Thailand will introduce a 250cc it would be an off-road machine (which would probably not even be road legal, as if they would introduce a road legal 250cc off-road it would already needed to have pass Thai environmental, emissions and road safety testing).

Edited by Richard-BKK

LL2 says that Yamaha will likely introduce the YZF-R25 at a motorcycle show in November, I say, if Yamaha Thailand will introduce a 250cc it would be an off-road machine (which would probably not even be road legal, as if they would introduce a road legal 250cc off-road it would already needed to have pass Thai environmental, emissions and road safety testing).

Trying to read into your response, are you saying that you doubt they will release a YZF R25 to Thailand and all we will receive here is the R15?

Thanks

Trying to read into your response, are you saying that you doubt they will release a YZF R25 to Thailand and all we will receive here is the R15?

Thanks

It is common practice to believe exactly the opposite of what Richard says

eg; if he says its not coming, then be happy because it is !

Edited by Ridercnx808
  • Like 1

Thanks

Thanks RiderCNX808. It did have me raise an eyebrow being I test rode the R15 and liked it quite a bit but the dealer said the R25 was coming but they were not sure what time. They guessed the end of the year. So it contradicts what Richard stated. They mentioned nothing about an off-road moto.

They already make some pretty nice aftermarket stuff for the new R series. Titanium exhaust and few other nice upgrades. I also heard through the rumor mill a power commander will be out to play with to gain a few more HP.

Thanks for the response

Thanks

First I only say that it's unlikely that the Yamaha YZF-R25 will be shown at a motor show in November. It's likely that the motorcycle which Yamaha will launch to compete against the Honda 300cc and Kawasaki 300cc will be launched in early 2015, and maybe Thailand will never see the 250cc version and steps in at the 300cc as many people expect.

Yamaha Thailand will launch before the end of the year 2 (four-stroke) motocross bikes, one 250cc and a 450cc, the model is currently not 100% clear. I will receive the parts catalogs one 6 of 7 October...