Thailand Still Mute On Rohingya Killing

webfact

Thailand still mute on Rohingya killing

BANGKOK, 21 March 2013 (NNT) - The Thai military, government, and the National Human Rights Commission have yet to respond to calls by international organisations asking Thailand to investigate into the alleged killing of Rohingya asylum seekers by Thai navy personnel.

Human Rights Watch last week confirmed details of reports by foreign journalists that Thai navy personnel killed at least two Rohingya asylum seekers off a village in Phang Nga late last month. The international human rights group called on the Thailand's National Human Rights Commission to investigate into the killing and bring those responsible to justice. The Commission has not yet resolved to start any investigation.

The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees conducted a preliminary investigation to verify reports about the Rohingya killing. It last week urged the Thai government and the Thai military to investigate further. Neither the military nor the government has yet answered the call.

Earlier in February, 97 Rohingya people were found dead on a boat. Survivors said that their boat had been intercepted by the Thai navy, who removed their boat engine and set them adrift at sea for 25 days until the Sri Lankan military rescued them. A brief inquiry by the DSI was abandoned after only one day of work, and no person was found guilty.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-03-21 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

The Thai military, government, and the National Human Rights Commission have yet to respond to calls by international organisations asking Thailand to investigate into the alleged killing of Rohingya asylum seekers

/

BANGKOK – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has promised that the Thai government will take care of Rohingya Muslims in accordance with humanitarian principles.

http://news.abnxcess.com/2013/01/thai-government-will-take-care-of-rohingya-in-accordance-with-humanitarian-principles/

The Thai military, government, and the National Human Rights Commission have yet to respond to calls by international organisations asking Thailand to investigate into the alleged killing of Rohingya asylum seekers

/

BANGKOK – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has promised that the Thai government will take care of Rohingya Muslims in accordance with humanitarian principles.

http://news.abnxcess.com/2013/01/thai-government-will-take-care-of-rohingya-in-accordance-with-humanitarian-principles/

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Tak Bai,Krue Se and the Rohingyas at sea,At first they chose to deny now silence...The government will learn down the road you reap what you sow...

“Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is.”

― Barbara Bush

• Like 2

A brief inquiry by the DSI was abandoned after only one day of work, and no person was found guilty.

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil ( at least not against your political paymasters); the path to success in the DSI.

Compare that to the 50 member investigative committee set up to look into the PBS talk show and the fact that it has to report findings every 30 days.

• Like 2

Tak Bai,Krue Se and the Rohingyas at sea,At first they chose to deny now silence...The government will learn down the road you reap what you sow...

“Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is.”

― Barbara Bush

Did she really say that? Absolutely brilliant!! But then again I guess she had plenty of experience dealing with liars in her own family...

And the silence will continue to be deafening..... I think the government has slowly learned that instead of idiotic statements that cause loss of face, bestt to let things just do the classic Thai fade away.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

/

Right, just like she said she'll deal with human trafficking and illegal elephant exports....sure! Just like Obama said he'd help Palestine.

Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is.

― Barbara Bush

Did she really say that? Absolutely brilliant!! But then again I guess she had plenty of experience dealing with liars in her own family...

Was blown away myself by that quote. Just pure genius on her part if she said it.

― Barbara Bush

Not to mention or..... maybe not.

― Barbara Bush

Actually I had other visions as I read "how ever bad it is". Mind you, I don't know the lady and George H.. W. Bush is too much a gentleman to tell.

Anyway, our PM has said all will be well, believe me, I'll take care of it. Just like I'm busy at the moment to protect our elephants and remaining dinosaurs. Just hopping over to NZ for a moment and then a brief visit to PNG. I really want to see those guys wearing those elephant tusks to cover their private parts. Where did they get them? Did those Rohingya smuggle them to support their terrorist leanings? No one ever tells me anything. sad.png

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

A brief inquiry by the DSI was abandoned after only one day of work, and no person was found guilty.

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil ( at least not against your political paymasters); the path to success in the DSI.

Investigation Thai style, stick your head in the sand so you can't see anything and if you can't see it nothing could have happened

• Like 1

Posts have been removed.

The subject of the thread is "Thailand Still Mute On Rohingya Killing"

It is NOT an excuse to take a pop at Islam especially when the victims are Muslims.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1

/

It appears to me her only genuine aptitude is to allure the crowd with cheap promises. I just wonder how much and for how long the masses will swallow or drown in her empty speech bubbles…

"Earlier in February, 97 Rohingya people were found dead on a boat.
Survivors said that their boat had been intercepted by the Thai navy,
who removed their boat engine and set them adrift at sea for 25 days
until the Sri Lankan military rescued them. A brief inquiry by the DSI
was abandoned after only one day of work, and no person was found
guilty."

So the Thais stole a boat engine = GUILTY!!!!

"Sri Lankan rescued them": normal, they are Buddhist and have compassion VS Thais.

― Barbara Bush

HMMM - Dimocrats call Republicans 'Liars', but then forget their own sins.

• Like 1

― Barbara Bush

Still, I firmly believe that anyone who believes that quote hasn't experienced enough oral sex in their life rolleyes.gif