blackpanda

heheh we can dream !

Superbike Thailand December 2012 issue had a test of the

2013 636 & listed price at 450k baht basic model

& 490k baht for the KIBS/ABS model

But I do wonder at that price as it is equal to $16,773. USD

The retail I believe in the US is around $12,000

So maybe they will import it but at close to 450k-490k Baht

bike gods, c'mon, i can die for a kawa zx6r.

i hope that is true.

But, if they make it in Thailand i scare they might not make it well.

Remember, z1000 is made of aluminum but thai made z8 is made of steel and lots of other things that make me scare.

And, just forget 300k. A er6f is close to 300k now so if they import it here, it might cost around 500k and if they make ti here at least 400k which is OKlaugh.png

Still, kawa lets be it man and i will be the first one to buy if not more than 500 k

Edited by loserlazer

heheh we can dream !

Superbike Thailand December 2012 issue had a test of the

2013 636 & listed price at 450k baht basic model

& 490k baht for the KIBS/ABS model

But I do wonder at that price as it is equal to $16,773. USD

The retail I believe in the US is around $12,000

So maybe they will import it but at close to 450k-490k Baht

I assume those prices are for track bikes i.e unregistered.

The ZX10R was sold by Kawasaki for 670,000 if my memory serves me correctly, that was 2-3 years ago before the recent price hikes due to government taxation.

Honda sells the CBR1000RR for 870k (give or take a few baht). I dont see a ZX636 being less than 600k if it's registered for road use. I'd love to be wrong though.

I assume those prices are for track bikes i.e unregistered.

The ZX10R was sold by Kawasaki for 670,000 if my memory serves me correctly, that was 2-3 years ago before the recent price hikes due to government taxation.

Honda sells the CBR1000RR for 870k (give or take a few baht). I dont see a ZX636 being less than 600k if it's registered for road use. I'd love to be wrong though.

Yeah my Thai reading is nowhere near good enough to read the whole article.

So when they mention prices like that I am not sure what they are talking about.

Since it is not available here are they quoting nearest country or??

But, surely if they brought it in I think it might kill sales to any of

their other upper end sport bikes.

At a claimed hp at 13,500 rpm + the KTRC traction control system, big piston forks, etc.

I think many perf minded riders would go straight for it. If they could afford it

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

But if it is imported from Japan - i think it is produced only in Japan - , it costs less and after 2015 tariff rates are dropping on trade between Thailand and Japan.

USA price is around 350 k so if imported, we can see ti here like 500 k - 550 k.

If made in Thailand definitely less than 450 k.

Many people i am sure are dreaming about a zx6r here right now, i am sure and will buy it right awaybiggrin.png

Bike gods, please help us.

That would be to much to ask. An inline 4 in Thailand period. Looks like a 600,000 baht bike if it was here. They would at least have to jack it up super high like Honda & maybe then some more just cause it is a real inline 4 instead of the 2 banger

That would be to much to ask. An inline 4 in Thailand period. Looks like a 600,000 baht bike if it was here. They would at least have to jack it up super high like Honda & maybe then some more just cause it is a real inline 4 instead of the 2 banger

It's a V twin mate not an inline 4..... well according to this.....

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/kawasaki_ninja_zx-6r_636_2013.php

However having listened to this.......sounds very much in-line four to me????

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CD0QtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqyrSlJZzahU&ei=m89LUdO4F8SIrQeb8YHoAg&v6u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-v6exp1-ds.metric.gstatic.com%2Fgen_204%3Fip%3D223.207.70.129%26ts%3D1363922843663566%26auth%3Dwb3jtai2xqalca7g4amf2s4uiz6cykh2%26rndm%3D0.19899703581536476&v6s=2&v6t=63551&usg=AFQjCNFTKrJtno7cbgYyzuz8dKK2whnEBA&sig2=8qAF8mQCYkfGnV3O97_7Bg&bvm=bv.44158598,d.bmk&cad=rja

Now confused blink.png

Been doing some internet research and Wiki confirms an in-line 4....so <deleted> to Bikez.com for giving false info!!!

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FKawasaki_Ninja_ZX-6R&ei=m89LUdO4F8SIrQeb8YHoAg&usg=AFQjCNHcf5SkyG8NJ9URIJ-uY2PTXal7MA&sig2=TwHRvjHOHH7gnWhYS-Fx5g&bvm=bv.44158598,d.bmk&cad=rja

Edited by Rickster

If anyone is interested, I know where there is a 2006 (last of the 636cc before cease production and cont with 599cc) Kwak ZX-6r 636 in brand new condition, obviously imported (unrestricted spec) but hardly ridden since import, with about 7000km's i believe. Colour is like a champagne silver and has all legal docs inc green book, awesome looking bike and in Phuket. Price is 325,000B and the number coincidently is 636!!!

Just for the record, this isn't my bike wai2.gif

Edited by Rickster

If anyone is interested, I know where there is a 2006 (last of the 636cc before cease production and cont with 599cc) Kwak ZX-6r 636 in brand new condition, obviously imported (unrestricted spec) but hardly ridden since import, with about 7000km's i believe. Colour is like a champagne silver and has all legal docs inc green book, awesome looking bike and in Phuket. Price is 325,000B and the number coincidently is 636!!!

I am in Phuket - please send me details BUT i know a guy that rents a bike that sounds suspiciously like this one........

I am in Phuket - please send me details BUT i know a guy that rents a bike that sounds suspiciously like this one........

Absolutely not the same bike, this bike has been in a showroom for the last few years, owner sells bikes not rents them!!!

Absolutely not the same bike, this bike has been in a showroom for the last few years, owner sells bikes not rents them!!!

SO could you tell me where to go & look this afternoon please?

SO could you tell me where to go & look this afternoon please?

MCW but closed weekend and cannot look inside as shutters are down. I actually went this morning to take a photo for the thread but as i said closed....

The bike is identical to the one pictured in post #18

Edited by Rickster

Bike was introduced at the BKK motor show. No info on price yet. Imported? Not imported?

Come again ......636

There's a thread over at GT-Rider on it. It's on display at the BKK motor show. That doesn't mean it's made here, actually it doesn't even mean that Kawasaki will sell it here. I remember they had the ZX6R on display a couple of years ago and when I asked about pricing etc. the salesman said it would be on sale at around 600,000 baht in a couple of months time. It never happened.

Hope this one is officially sold by Kawasaki at less than 600k. Lovely bike.