Kawazaki 636

blackpanda

This is an awesome bike with great ergonomics and can be ridden all day, much more comfortable than a CBR 600 or R6. But also bigger.

Would definately be my weapon of choice if it gets to Thailand.

The pre 2005 models had a bit better low end power.

600k is pretty steep price ,not to sure weather I'd be willing to pay that sort of money.

Yeah it's steep but realistic IMO. A locally made Ducati 795 is around 420k now, and it's a budget version of the real thing the 796. The less powerful naked FZ8 is around 500k, a (restricted) cbr1000 from Honda which is probably similar in peak hp to this bike (due to the restriction) but weighs a lot more is around 850k. This 636 would compete with a Ducati 848 which is around 900k.

I'd love to see it at 500k but with the new 'big bike' tax increases to pay for the discounted cars currently grinding Bangkok to a standstill I'd say that's almost impossible. My guess is 600k if it ever lands at the dealers (50/50 chance of that IMO).

Welcome to Thailand, where everything is cheap!!!!!

^

how much is the z1000 though 580k would this be priced more than that bike ,I don't think it should be.

I thought it was 600k before the tax increases, could be wrong though...

Personally I'd take the 636 over the z1000 if priced equally, but it's a good comparison in terms of price and I know a lot of people would prefer the Z so hopefully Kawasaki is more in line with your thoughts than mine...

It's made in Japan.

Why would it be at the motor show if they're not importing it? It'll come but at an import price...

The z1000 has is $700 less at US MSRP than the ZX-6R. But the z has 20% excise tax, and the ZX6 only 10. So it should be more or less the same price as the Z1000. Oh well :(

Edited by nikster

Yep I think if it came it would be very close to z1000 price today 600 k is £13,500 ,sorry I can't bring myself to pay that much for a600 cc bike it's crazy price for sure......

In the USA this bike is 10,200 or £6500 prices so disappointing over here

Edited by taninthai

Bike was introduced at the BKK motor show. No info on price yet. Imported? Not imported?

No Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (636) at the Bangkok Motorshow....

I saw it there yesterday. Asked for the price and was told it is not for sale though.

• Like 2

Bike was introduced at the BKK motor show. No info on price yet. Imported? Not imported?

I saw it there yesterday. Asked for the price and was told it is not for sale though.

Not even for sale... oh well. Anyway it would be an import price...

@Richard you are quite the joker aren't you? A friend of mine posted dozens of pictures of the new ZX6 at the BKK motor show on facebook... I am sure a google image search would turn up a few more too.

Not even for sale... oh well. Anyway it would be an import price...

@Richard you are quite the joker aren't you? A friend of mine posted dozens of pictures of the new ZX6 at the BKK motor show on facebook... I am sure a google image search would turn up a few more too.

Sorry I did a quick check... sure its possible that I overlooked it.... also I was very early (before official opening) so maybe it was not there yet... who knows, anyway another real sportsbike for Thailand is always welcome....

Saw it today with my own eyes at the motor show.

Another hit and miss from Richard.

• Like 1

This is an awesome bike with great ergonomics and can be ridden all day, much more comfortable than a CBR 600 or R6. But also bigger.

Would definately be my weapon of choice if it gets to Thailand.

The pre 2005 models had a bit better low end power.

YEs it did ;)

I had one, and need another! :P

• Like 1

Yep I think if it came it would be very close to z1000 price today 600 k is £13,500 ,sorry I can't bring myself to pay that much for a600 cc bike it's crazy price for sure......

In the USA this bike is 10,200 or £6500 prices so disappointing over here

z1000 591,000 before the tax now 660,000 ;[

Sorry my friend, I had very little time to look around, also I was contracted by a competitor of Kawasaki – and for me to walk onto somebodies exhibition before the public is allowed to take a look is a bit inappropriate.

If I did hurt your feelings with saying that Kawasaki didn't had the ZX6R on display I want to say I'm really sorry.... or you can just grow up...

Sorry my friend, I had very little time to look around, also I was contracted by a competitor of Kawasaki – and for me to walk onto somebodies exhibition before the public is allowed to take a look is a bit inappropriate.

If I did hurt your feelings with saying that Kawasaki didn't had the ZX6R on display I want to say I'm really sorry.... or you can just grow up...

You didn't hurt my feelings at all, it's just that you seem to make a living out of misinforming people.

You did not hurt anyone's feelings but it you're wasting everyone's time by posting misinformation. I'd give this a pass, but this is not the first time.

If you did not venture over to the the Kawa stand at the BKK motor show, you could have just not posted.

Or you could have said "I didn't see the ZX-6 there, but then again, I also didn't look at the Kawasaki stand"

Instead you felt compelled to post "No ZX-6 at the BKK motor show".

Guess you will all riding a Kawasaki ZX-6R soon, what does it cost when will it be available...?? Or is Kawasaki just showing a new model which will not be available in Thailand? The ZX-6R is not on the Kawasaki special 34th Bangkok International Motorshow prices list...

This is Thailand, when a motorcycle is in the showroom and I can buy it I believe it's coming... And if you go to the 34th Bangkok International Motorshow you can see that you can, if no people around, can easily see onto the Kawasaki exhibition....

I honestly don't think you are going to see any 600 bikes here from the big 4 jap firms at least for a few more years,it seems they just can't price them competitively enough ,there not stupid they know that at more than twice the price of other countries the bikes just aren't gonna sell in any numbers yes sure they would sell a few but I think it would be extremely low figures and it's problem not worth all the trouble of importing them ,training mechanics etc just to sell maybe 20 bikes if that.

I honestly don't think you are going to see any 600 bikes here from the big 4 jap firms at least for a few more years,it seems they just can't price them competitively enough ,there not stupid they know that at more than twice the price of other countries the bikes just aren't gonna sell in any numbers yes sure they would sell a few but I think it would be extremely low figures and it's problem not worth all the trouble of importing them ,training mechanics etc just to sell maybe 20 bikes if that.

Especially when places like Red Baron and others are grey importing nearly new ones at discounted prices.

Edited by NomadJoe

Guess you will all riding a Kawasaki ZX-6R soon, what does it cost when will it be available...?? Or is Kawasaki just showing a new model which will not be available in Thailand? The ZX-6R is not on the Kawasaki special 34th Bangkok International Motorshow prices list...

This is Thailand, when a motorcycle is in the showroom and I can buy it I believe it's coming... And if you go to the 34th Bangkok International Motorshow you can see that you can, if no people around, can easily see onto the Kawasaki exhibition....

Well it will be more expensive than your contractors Benelli that's for sure. Oh and if you were responsible for the bikes. Jesus....use a bit of alloy Polish on the swing arm... horrible alloy finish on the 1st one. Also the passenger seat flexes like mad..looks like eurothane mountain bike suspension :)

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by thaicbr