webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Position of PM is not easily replaceable"

Famous last words?

Seems to me they have dine it 5 times in her last 6 years,

Now they have a PM who is refusing to answer questions in parliament put to her buy the people who elected her.

If Thaksin wants a chance to come back to Thailand he had best shape Yingluck op or get her sister into the office,

Then again I think he does not want to cine back due to fears he might be treated like he did the suspected drug smugglers or the Muslims in the South.

The PM and big brother, may want to remember the old addage, "Don't let the door hit you in the arse as you leave" Life and the world will continue to function and more than likely, much better, without their input

If Yingluck is removed for no good parliamentary reason then the PTP is toast.

However bad one thinks of Yingluck, she does represent a historical reconciliation/compromise with the state.

For Thaksin of course this just isn't good enough, a relatively stable society/economy without his presence.

He is doing his nut that the government still hasn't managed to bring him back with a fully whitewashed new suit.

So now he tries to outflank his own sister, lean on the MPs and undermine everybody who doesn't explicitly bow.

But to do this he will put a foot wrong. He always does. That's why he is a political failure in motion.

Skype is no substitute for being in Thailand, in person.

I agree that the stakes for Thaksin have increased since as opposed to being able to return [avoiding consequences] quickly, he's increasingly in limbo with communications tech giving him access and ability to apply pressure but little real connexion with the alleged grass roots support.

Oddly it's often struck me that his opponents raise his profile in the media here too often, People would and could drift away especially if the perception [not always the truth] was that this government is managing to keep the good ship Thailand on a relativity even keel and storm free course. This makes a grand "knight in shining armour" entrance implausible, even in Thailand

This post is copyright mixed metaphors R us smile.png

Edited by A_Traveller

I agree that the stakes for Thaksin have increased since as opposed to being able to return [avoiding consequences] quickly, he's increasingly in limbo with communications tech giving him access and ability to apply pressure but little real connexion with the alleged grass roots support.

Oddly it's often struck me that his opponents raise his profile in the media here too often, People would and could drift away especially if the perception [not always the truth] was that this government is managing to keep the good ship Thailand on a relativity even keel and storm free course. This makes a grand "knight in shining armour" entrance implausible, even in Thailand

Well thats going to be very difficult to do when the leader of the opposition has all but declared his raison d'etre is to remove Thaksin from politics - if a Thaksin comment/thought/movement isn't being reported on, Abhisit is not far behind giving him references in the media. Perhaps he should concentrate on proving Yinglucks statement wrong?

If the leader of the opposition focuses on the real and serious matters of the "government by skype" and a range of, in my view, legally actionable points thereto maybe the government may see mileage in breaking the ties that bind as well.

Such a move would benefit all of the electorate and allow the country to escape from the constitutional lock-down that it finds itself in, with all the inherent issues the position has and is creating.

How would she know, never done the hard yards before politics, never done the hard yards in politics, Yingluck walked in off the street ,into the top job in Thai and now she tries to tell me she is not replaceable , veiled threats in someone's direction from far away in kiwi landcoffee1.gif

She is as easily replaceable as she was in the business world.

Oops I forgot they didn't replace her.

As long as they have cell phones and live telecommunications the job will consist only of some one suitable for Photo Ops and traveling around the world at the tax payers expense. I really don't think they will need a compulsive shopper for the position.

• Like 1

I'm not sure that he's that bothered about not-connecting with the grassroots, after all they come to see him, whenever he holds a rally just across the border.

But the damage inflicted, to his self-image or his 'face', by not being able to arrange to return in triumph & with his crimes/alleged-crimes whitewashed, that perhaps portrays someone who is not quite as all-powerful as he thinks he is ?

And Yingluck seems not to regard it as her top-priority, preferring to go off on overseas trips instead, that too must hurt him ?

Soon to be seen outside a parliament building near you:

In a show of support for our charming PM, protesters gathered outside Government House carrying banners with "We want Yingluck". A representative of the protesters told us "if need be we'll make sure the fat older sister will loose the Chiang Mai by-election, worst case we'll even vote for the democrats candidate if that's necessary to make sure Ms. Yingluck can/will stays

If the leader of the opposition focuses on the real and serious matters of the "government by skype" and a range of, in my view, legally actionable points thereto maybe the government may see mileage in breaking the ties that bind as well.

Such a move would benefit all of the electorate and allow the country to escape from the constitutional lock-down that it finds itself in, with all the inherent issues the position has and is creating.

That is what keeps Thaksin awake at night.

Last week inOz there was a call for replacement of the PM. Within hours, a meeting of MPs was held and the current PM and DPM re-endorsed, but there had been a real chance that she would have been replaced by the leader of a different faction of the same party.

In comparison, is there any chance that a meeting of PTP members would decide they prefer a non-Thaksin endorsed PM?

Around the same time, Democrat MPs were being investigated in regard to their donations to their party. I can only assume this must mystify PTP members who only ever experience cash flow FROM their party, and were reportedly threatened with having this reduced if they don't attend parliament.

Samak was removed as PM for accepting payment from an outside source (and lying about it in court) as this could cause a conflict of interest. How is PTP members accepting payment any different - because it is channeled through Thaksin's political party?