Yingluck Urges T A T To Attract More ' High-End Tourists' Into Thailand

webfact

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/Snipped/
Oh, i am sorry. i didn't know that your knowledge is much bigger than mine and that i am not interesting in learning, because because you are white and have an asian gf from a good background, but i i was told there are less Chinese tourist in beer bars. Is that now true or not?

I sometimes go to a beer bar in Nana Plaza, one of my best and most long-time Thai friends work there - she does not have the luxury of opportunity I have had in my life. But she would not sell me down the river like many main street Thais would, she has taken the time to appreciate our friendship and my girlfriend and I will love her forever for that. Some of the girls that have worked with her for the past 5 years that I have known her also confirm the same with me. They say that generally the "new" customers are nice, but communication can be a challenge, and it is less of a fun experience than before because of that. Understand that most girls in these places do not work because they have to, but because it is a lifestyle which is fun for them and gives them much more than working in one of these hi-so hotels which attract quality tourists and send most of their profits overseas, or push the true gems of Thailand, the quality mom and pop boutique hotels, out of business.

From what I see, there is a decreasing amount of white faces, which are being replaced by Korean faces, less so Japanese faces, and more so those of other Asian countries (I met two guys from Mongolia last time, and a few Chinese guys). I cannot comment for other locations as I do not frequent these places.

there is a lots of excelent tourism,hotel and catering school abroad.perhaps they could have a look of what farang do and send TAT stafft to get a few lessons.

in my opinion , the next 10 years if thailand dont make radical changes ,they will loose a lots of tourist because the thais are not ready for a good tourism industry ,neither their laws.

also they should start giving us more respect and stop calling eveyboddy farang.we are not primate coming out the zoo, we have a nationality name.

i will add that it must be something true in all our post because our opinion are from many different countries and we all complain about the same stories again and again but the things remain the same.so now they want more foreigners but they dont listen to what they feel, like or need.

PM Yingluck Shinawatra should read our post more often to see what people leaving here think about thailand.perhaps she should offer and give to some of us a work permit to help them to understand what they still ignore.

they forget that foreigners here are free publicity but also the other side of the coin.when we get sick of many stupid situation, we can unfortunetly not recommend thailand as a good holiday or retirment destination....and this made by milions count and i can assure you we do comunicate!

even if TAT say this or that...today the information runs in internet and everybody has a look at forum when they want to travel someplace they dont know.

i would also say PM Yingluck Shinawatra ,please change our status.give facilities for us and our wifes,we need a stay/work permit and a house with a piece of land on our name to leave freely..NOT A MONKEY CAGE AS A CONDO.we aspire better.

you always can make new laws to put restriction to avoid abuse situation. you have to adapt your legislation for the imigration here. YOU ARE LUCKY BECAUSE THIS IMMIGRATION COMES WITH MONEY not like the asian,african or indian one we have in europe or north america.

and to finish , in a tourim industry school we learn that it take a lot of time to make a client,more time to keep him as guest and a few second to loose him.

saddly a bad reputation dont help.

However, the average spending of a tourist is only 3,000 baht, or about 100 US dollars, per day.

That is priceless.

3000 baht per day is ONLY about a salary of senior manager in Thailand

3000 baht per day is ONLY 10 times the wage of a minimum wage worker

3000 baht per day is ONLY monthly repayment for a bike or monthly room rental for many people in Thailand

Good to see she has her numbers worked out well.

Edited by lemoncake

There you have it in a nutshell, all Thailands Hi So classes care about is screwing as much as possible out of foreigners. Foreign visitors are not regarded as real people just cash cows to be milked dry and thrown out as quickly as possible.

/Snipped/
Oh, i am sorry. i didn't know that your knowledge is much bigger than mine and that i am not interesting in learning, because because you are white and have an asian gf from a good background, but i i was told there are less Chinese tourist in beer bars. Is that now true or not?

I sometimes go to a beer bar in Nana Plaza, one of my best and most long-time Thai friends work there - she does not have the luxury of opportunity I have had in my life. But she would not sell me down the river like many main street Thais would, she has taken the time to appreciate our friendship and my girlfriend and I will love her forever for that. Some of the girls that have worked with her for the past 5 years that I have known her also confirm the same with me. They say that generally the "new" customers are nice, but communication can be a challenge, and it is less of a fun experience than before because of that. Understand that most girls in these places do not work because they have to, but because it is a lifestyle which is fun for them and gives them much more than working in one of these hi-so hotels which attract quality tourists and send most of their profits overseas, or push the true gems of Thailand, the quality mom and pop boutique hotels, out of business.

From what I see, there is a decreasing amount of white faces, which are being replaced by Korean faces, less so Japanese faces, and more so those of other Asian countries (I met two guys from Mongolia last time, and a few Chinese guys). I cannot comment for other locations as I do not frequent these places.

You think high end tourists want to go to Nana? Please don't apply for a job with TAT.

• Like 1

There you have it in a nutshell, all Thailands Hi So classes care about is screwing as much as possible out of foreigners. Foreign visitors are not regarded as real people just cash cows to be milked dry and thrown out as quickly as possible.

Were you under some delusion that they wanted you here to take care of you? and provide for you?

Of course they want tourist money, just like any other country.

PS. I guess you missed the point of OP, where she wants TAT to make tourists stay 6 days not 5 days, which kind of contradicts your point of "thrown out as quickly as possible"

• Like 1

/Snipped/

You think high end tourists want to go to Nana? Please don't apply for a job with TAT.

High end tourists go to Patpong, where same services cost double and have loads of quality fakes for salethumbsup.gif

According to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, only 20 per cent of foreign tourists last year were from "high-end" markets. She urged the TAT to introduce measures to increase the proportion to 30 per cent.

That figure of 20% comes from page two of the arrival card:

Arrival%2520card%2520blank%2520p2%252020

clap2.gif a very reliable source indeed.

Can we all say "singing the same song, again"? Big brother had his elite-card scheme to bilk the privileged out of their money and now little sister is proposing the same thing using different words. How about some original thought on the part of the current government and not a repeat of big brother's schemes. Truly, what does Thailand have to offer the elite that they so desire to draw in and scam?

According to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, only 20 per cent of foreign tourists last year were from "high-end" markets. She urged the TAT to introduce measures to increase the proportion to 30 per cent.

On the other side, I believe it asks "Sex".

To which, many answer, "Yes Please".

On the other side, I believe it asks "Sex".

To which, many answer, "Yes Please".

Do not laugh but i once got into some trouble with Oz customs for refusing to tick what i earn and what my employment is.

Can we all say "singing the same song, again"? Big brother had his elite-card scheme to bilk the privileged out of their money and now little sister is proposing the same thing using different words. How about some original thought on the part of the current government and not a repeat of big brother's schemes. Truly, what does Thailand have to offer the elite that they so desire to draw in and scam?

If the Elite Card had actually offered something tangible along the lines of Malaysia's system, he would have hit millions.

How many of us would pay 500k, one time, to be able to stay in the country for ever, subject to cursory hello at the Thailand "Nice for you stay check"?

Does anyone really understand how much tax anyone really pays in this country? It will take a worker on 300 a day, probably 1000 years to pay 500k, a middle manager on 40k maybe takes 3 lifetimes, but for some bizarre reason, there is not quantifiable in the eyes of the Thai government.

I go with, pay 1mn baht in tax, and you can stay, or put 500k in and a check once a year.

Obviously when she is hob nobbing in her international circle of jet setters that go to Monte Carlo--she invites them to Thailand and they turn their nose up as though she invited them to Tijuanna Mexico. Thailand is still a dump in many places. Sorry, but there is a reason it is a backpacker magnet. They can open up brand new malls every week and people can pretend to be "hi-so", but they will still be a third world country in the eyes of most "high class travelers". Start with some decent infrastructure and getting air that smells like....air. Not disel smoke and fish sauce.

Good luck with that, babe.

• Like 1

If the Elite Card had actually offered something tangible along the lines of Malaysia's system, he would have hit millions.

How many of us would pay 500k, one time, to be able to stay in the country for ever, subject to cursory hello at the Thailand "Nice for you stay check"?

Does anyone really understand how much tax anyone really pays in this country? It will take a worker on 300 a day, probably 1000 years to pay 500k, a middle manager on 40k maybe takes 3 lifetimes, but for some bizarre reason, there is not quantifiable in the eyes of the Thai government.

I go with, pay 1mn baht in tax, and you can stay, or put 500k in and a check once a year.

Not sure if still exists, but some years ago an 8 000 000 baht investment got you 1 year visa with easy renewals providing 8 mill is still invested

... to keep the total number of tourists to an appropriate level in order to prevent deterioration of natural resources and overcrowding at Suvarnabhumi international airport.

less is more.

Any thing except improve the service at Swampy and put in first class run way strips and landing strips.

reading the post i think its safe to summarize it that the young, high educated, big money spending back packing white people at TV are not target of that tourist campaign even if their gf come from families with good - very good backgrounds.

... to keep the total number of tourists to an appropriate level in order to prevent deterioration of natural resources and overcrowding at Suvarnabhumi international airport.

less is more.

Any thing except improve the service at Swampy and put in first class run way strips and landing strips.

if thailand goes for quality tourism vs. mass tourism it can be only good for all sides involved.

if thailand goes for quality tourism vs. mass tourism it can be only good for all sides involved.

Firstly that is only true if the tourism industry in Thailand changes its focus, which it has not done for thirty plus years, despite issuing the same turgid sound-bite add pasim add nausem whilst keep ensuring that the money [today] is all that is counted. Equally if by some miracle [pun intended] only high spending non eco intrusive guests came in the appropriate number, how would all those who need the mass tourism reality to survive carry on? Go back to rice farming perhaps? Maybe TAT would set up retraining schemes for surplus to requirements gems dealers, tuk tuk drivers, no Michelin starred wait staff et al, it would need to be an interesting curriculum.

Edited by A_Traveller
  • Like 1

Not sure if still exists, but some years ago an 8 000 000 baht investment got you 1 year visa with easy renewals providing 8 mill is still invested

Yeah great. I think the last time I looked and added it up, I am over 11mn in taxes paid in income taxes to Thailand, and what does it get me? Zilch, without even considering the company tax paid, and the no little sum consumed in the country. Could I go off an teach English on a teachers salary, yes I could. But some of these guys put their heart and soul into it, for very little money, and they get precisely ZILCH.

I was once laughed at by a lawyer who proclaimed that my company was nuts for running their payment system the way they did, but that is the price of being squeaky clean. They should investigate tomorrow how to make it more attractive for companies to put their offices in Thailand and tax foreigners at 15% just like Singapore or Korea. At the moment, literally billions escapes the Thai taxman with people being paid offshore.

Once in for your million in income tax get the right to own a property on one rai of land, and the right of permenant residency. It's a s**t load more than the vast majority of Thai's pay into the system.

• Like 1

I didn't read all the replys here but here's my 2 cents worth, which isn't enough to be welcomed in Thailand.

Ms PM Yingluck.. Thailand isn't Italy, France, England, US, Canada, etc. Do you get my drift? You don't have in Thailand what hi-so tourists want. You have grubby beaches, so so hotels, so so food, a grubby bunch of workers with no work ethic. Your National parks are a disgrace, taxi and tuk-tuk mafia, your streets are not safe to drive on, and the drivers who drive on them are dangerous. You have no world class museums, no opera, virtually nothing that these hi-so touists are interested in unless they are just curious to what a 3rd world nation looks like and does. You've been out there, you know what the rest of the world has to offer. Except in your case, you barely seen anything but high class shopping malls. So lets get real here. How about working to improve what you have, then look down the road. just my 2 cents worth. or approx. 3 satang.. coffee1.gif

Wow, you must be unhappy here.

But you are right, Thailand is not Italy.( nor Wales, thank god )

No, I'm not unhappy here.. but lets get real. Thailand is not a destination for hi-so tourists.. They have exactly nothing to offer these people who spend their holidays on the Med somewhere or Aspen, Colorado or Sydney or London, Paris, Rome, Zurich and on and on. The PM is living in a dream world. wai.gif

• Like 1

Yeah great. I think the last time I looked and added it up, I am over 11mn in taxes paid in income taxes to Thailand, and what does it get me? Zilch, without even considering the company tax paid, and the no little sum consumed in the country. Could I go off an teach English on a teachers salary, yes I could. But some of these guys put their heart and soul into it, for very little money, and they get precisely ZILCH.

I was once laughed at by a lawyer who proclaimed that my company was nuts for running their payment system the way they did, but that is the price of being squeaky clean. They should investigate tomorrow how to make it more attractive for companies to put their offices in Thailand and tax foreigners at 15% just like Singapore or Korea. At the moment, literally billions escapes the Thai taxman with people being paid offshore.

Once in for your million in income tax get the right to own a property on one rai of land, and the right of permenant residency. It's a s**t load more than the vast majority of Thai's pay into the system.

Do not need to convince mewink.png

• Like 1

They should investigate tomorrow how to make it more attractive for companies to put their offices in Thailand and tax foreigners at 15% just like Singapore or Korea. At the moment, literally billions escapes the Thai taxman with people being paid offshore.

they are probably not interested in.

You paid 11million in income taxes in Thailand already?

Knowing that every one in the world knows a way to skip some of it's taxes, you must be either a veeery rich man or a thousand years old.

Your real name isn't Bill Heinecke is it?

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1