Ab With Sparrows Stage 2 Seeking Employment

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me? I'm a merchant seaman trying to get offshore and well... i'm having no luck what so ever. I'm on leave now until June living in Chanthaburi and i'm looking everyday online for jobs. Even with an AB's ticket and Sparrows Stage 2 most people keep ignoring me because of having no offshore experience. I've got my BOSIET which i did in Bangkok and all my offshore medicals including my seamans ENG1. I've tried most companies offshore shipping and Platform based.

I've enclosed my CV below if anyone wants to take a look and point me in the right direction, but like i've said i've tried most agencies and companies and don't seem to be getting anywhere. I hope someone can help me. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

John Duxbury

Edited by LivinginKata
attached CV removed

• 2 months later...

Sort a c.v with a little white lie you have done some work offshore fingers crossed mate and email them call all the time .good luck

dont want to p*ss on this guys parade, but if his aspirations are to get offshore in SEA/Africa etc as an AB or roustie, sorry to say believe he has little chance, these days, AB/rousties are either nationals of the country your in, or from India/Phillpines/Thailand etc..the bottm line is most companies dont want to pay for expat in these sorts of postions...too expensive

• 4 weeks later...

I would consider marketing yourself as a Bosun (deck foreman) and targeting the companies building the drill ships down in South Korea at the moment, there is plenty of new building going on and they require marine tickets to sail, as nige says keep bombarding them with calls and a little white lie mightn't go astray, lord knows there are plenty of pretenders out here already.

Good luck.