Sufficient Power Guaranteed During Myanmar Gas Suspension

Lite Beer

Sufficient power guaranteed during Myanmar gas suspension

KANCHANABURI, 24 MARCH 2013 (NNT) – The director of Srinakarind Dam has assured sufficient electricity generation to meet the national demand during Myanmar’s planned gas cutback in April.

Srinakarind Dam Director Boon-in Chuenchavalit said that the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT), the Ministry of Energy and the Petroleum Authority of Thailand (PTT) have cooperatively laid out measures to handle possible power outage in April.

The country’s electricity demand is expected to peak next month while the natural gas supply from Myanmar will be temporarily interrupted during April 5-14.

As part of the measures, Mr. Boon-in said the scheduled maintenance activities of machines and electric generators would be postponed and electricity supply will be purchased from neighboring Malaysia and Laos.

He added that private power companies have been contacted to help distribute electricity to the main power system.

Moreover, additional water will be released from the Srinagarind Dam and the Vajiralongkorn Dam in Kanchanaburi Province for the extra hydro-electricity generation.

While the Srinakarind Dam Director has thus guaranteed that there will be sufficient electricity for people across the country to use, he strongly urged the public to conserve energy to help in the crisis.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-03-24 footer_n.gif

If the time for the interruption in the gas supplies is only for 10 days why does the MRT need to shut off the down escalators from 9 AM to 4 PM for 3 months? I am busy trying to locate an MRT station near me that has elevator access from the street level. I have had multiple knee surgeries and can barely get down the BTS steps once a week let alone being forced to use the down escalator as steps to get to work.I see many elderly people on the trains that appear top have similar disabilities.

In summer I will be working in the afternoons,so I can either leave for work five hours early or take a taxi every day to the van meeting place.

• Like 1

Maybe they will use up all the dam water as there is,a drought AND we are in the DRY SEASON .... Then they will say OOPS NO USE WATER AS WE HAVE NO RESERVES... WE USED IT TO MAKE LECTRICITY IN SONGKRAN

What next.

Is being THAI really about smiling..sex and,stupidity. Surely.out of 76million they can elect 5 decent people.

• Like 1

Maybe they will use up all the dam water as there is,a drought AND we are in the DRY SEASON .... Then they will say OOPS NO USE WATER AS WE HAVE NO RESERVES... WE USED IT TO MAKE LECTRICITY IN SONGKRAN

What next.

Is being THAI really about smiling..sex and,stupidity. Surely.out of 76million they can elect 5 decent people.

are you thai? then you are wrong if you conclude, starting from yourself, that thais must be stupid. they are not.

Edited by ZhouZhou
  • Like 1

What next.

are you thai? then you are wrong if you conclude, starting from yourself, that thais must be stupid. they are not.

Well, most of those in government certainly appear to be pretty stupid, and that is based upon the words issued from their own mouths. Edited by WhizBang

I'm living in Samut Prakan, Paknam Area, and today afternoon we had and JUST NOW, we are having a blackout, or, electricity not 100% up and down...

I mean our blackout just now, I heard a loud explosion, probably our village generator...

What does that mean? Countdown to 5th April? whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Btw has anybody today experience something similar today, that sudden blackout, and little electricity margin???

I'm living in Samut Prakan, Paknam Area, and today afternoon we had and JUST NOW, we are having a blackout, or, electricity not 100% up and down...

I mean our blackout just now, I heard a loud explosion, probably our village generator...

What does that mean? Countdown to 5th April? whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Btw has anybody today experience something similar today, that sudden blackout, and little electricity margin???

is this your first backout?

happens from time to time. even inner city.

• Like 1

What next.

Well, most of those in government certainly appear to be pretty stupid, and that is based upon the words issued from their own mouths.

you speak thai then or just read news on this forum?

anyway. that is probably here much more an administration issue and and for the outcome it doesn't matter much how wise or unwise the minister currently in charge is.

Edited by ZhouZhou

is this your first backout?

happens from time to time. even inner city.

Well normally blackouts happen during heavy rainy seasons, so no it wasn't the first time in years. I mean this Thailand. What can you expect...

And our blackout JUST NOW is going on for an hour now...

I just thought that courtesy of 5th April, today is a heavy wake up call for all people in Thailand to brace for energy-less impact...

So in other words I have a double blackout today, which can last for a whole night.

you dont know a blackout is till you have had what i experienced, i live and work on koh samui and we had no electric for almost 3 days back in december, and on top there were gasoline shortages due to all the hotel needing it to power there generators.....anyways off topic....

i lived in thailand long enough to know never believe or trust anything the thai governments say. I hope im wrong when i say this but i really believe there will be electric shortages next month everywhere in thailand... simply due to the fact to much incompetence and people in power who are not qualified.

• Like 1

you dont know a blackout is till you have had what i experienced, i live and work on koh samui and we had no electric for almost 3 days back in december, and on top there were gasoline shortages due to all the hotel needing it to power there generators.....anyways off topic.... i lived in thailand long enough to know never believe or trust anything the thai governments say. I hope im wrong when i say this but i really believe there will be electric shortages next month everywhere in thailand... simply due to the fact to much incompetence and people in power who are not qualified.

3 days, that sounds like horror.

but living on an island is always being under the risk of some kind of shortage.

lets see if we get a peak in birthrates in 9-10 months or so.

• Like 1