Washing Machine? Thai Or Western ? Only Cold Or Also Hot Water ? Which Brand ? Electrolux Or Toshiba

Fgis

OK there is one issue that no-one seems to have mentioned as yet ... in terms of differences b/w western machines and Thai ones.

The Thai washing machines do not feature a pump to remove the waste water and rely on gravity extraction. That's why they need to drain into a floor drain and not a drain pipe half way up the wall like in most western laundries. Try plugging the waste pipe from a Thai machine into a drain pipe at bench height and the water will just sit in the machine. Unimportant for most ppl perhaps but a problem for others.

not a problem with my samsung. gravity and centrifugal force then the pump kicks in to drain the last

That's odd. We have a Samsung and it will not drain under the circumstances I mentioned. I raised this with a Samsung technician who came to our place and it was he who told me about Thai machines not having a pump to evacuate the waste water. He was there for another matter though ... a rat had come up the waste pipe from outside when we were overseas, and it had gnawed through a plastic fitting inside the base of the washer. Hungry blighter, huh!

Samsung 7.5 kg top loader bought 2003. Had to replace the rubber hose from the bottom of the tub to the rear panel last year. Also, the plastic covering each of the operating buttons on the top cracked/wore out, so each button is now covered with a circular piece of cloth-backed tape. smile.png

Otherwise no problems. Good for washing duvets by hand and then spinning until just damp. Then dry on a clothes horse using a fan.