Extension Of Stay Non-Imm - Random Tm47 Date.

Hello,

I had a Multi-Entry, 1 year ED visa issued in the UK and I have been attending a Thai language school during this time. My first year finishes this week and I decided I wanted to change schools due to the old school's syllabus and materials not being very engaging or useful.

Paperwork was all completed by my new school - all very easy. I went to Chaengwattana today to change schools and they issued me with an Extension of Stay stamp and a date set for 3 months time. I understand, that now I've finished my 1st year's ED-visa, I have to do this extension every 3 months now - whereas last year I never did it as I always left Thailand every 3 months for vacation - and didn't need a re-entry stamp as I was on multi-entry.

However when I finished at this first desk getting the extension of stay, they gave me a small piece of paper, what I believe is a TM47 - saying I needed to report on 23rd April - 28 days time from today. This is where my confusion came - my last entry stamp was on 27th December - so today I was all set to do the 90-day reporting as well as my extension of stay. When I asked why not do the 90-day report today, they said no need - any ideas why? And why such a random date?

Next question - I'll leave Thailand for a vacation on 10th April for a few days so I also got a single re-entry permit today. When I re-enter Thailand on 16th April, I just want to confirm, that I will no longer need to report on the TM47's date of 23rd April, and I will in fact have to do my next 90day report, 90 days from 16th April - am I right?

Thanks for any help in advance.

First extension of stay counts as a 90 day report so just do as they said - you can report 15 days early until 7 days late so you just do both the new TM.7 extension and TM.47 address with one visit to immigration.

Should have read further - yes your travel will reset your 90 day reporting clock and that will now be due 90 days from date of return (which will be day 1).

As for the 23 April date does it equate to 90 days from your last entry perhaps? At any rate you travel will reset that.

First extension of stay counts as a 90 day report so just do as they said - you can report 15 days early until 7 days late so you just do both the new TM.7 extension and TM.47 address with one visit to immigration.

Should have read further - yes your travel will reset your 90 day reporting clock and that will now be due 90 days from date of return (which will be day 1).

As for the 23 April date does it equate to 90 days from your last entry perhaps? At any rate you travel will reset that.

Brilliant thanks for confirming it. I was in and out of Chanengwattana in 2hrs 45m today which made it even better. Thanks as usual for your help lopburi.

and p.s. no the 23rd April wasn't 90 days last entry - that was today. Bizarre, huh? But like you said no need to fret now anyway.

Wait a minute - are you sure you have a stamp for 90 days and not a 30 day under review by chance? Are you sure that paper is a TM47? Normally they do not provide a receipt for 90 day reporting when doing an extension of stay and a first extension might have an under review period to confirm school paperwork. Unless you are sure I would plan to report on the date indicated.

Aaaaahhh good thinking. My extension of stay stamp is dated 24th June - and it looks like a regular extension of stay stamp.

What I believe is the tm47 says: The alien permitted to stay longer in the kingdom must notify your place of residence to the immigration office every 90 days. In case of application for an extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom by TN7 you have notified your place of residence at the first time...

I know I have to visit my school within 2-3 days of getting my latest extension so they can confirm paperwork. Will go out to my school now to confirm. If anyone else seeing this, Pro Language are really good at helping and organising paperwork - apart from this bizarre date thing, everything else really was taken care of. Good start to my time there I hope...

lopburi3,

Have been trying to find out exactly what I need with regard to renewing my Non-Immigrant retirement visa and also obtaining a renewal for the multi entry permit.

My understanding is that for the visa renewal I need to complete form TM7 with one photo attached on the back plus money and address confirmation and the copies of the passport and current visa. (is just one copy of each enough?).

For the multi permit TM 8 is the relevant document.

Would appreciate your input as I am not sure about medial certificates required etc.

Cheers, Brewmaster

Depends on office if additional copies are needs but in Bangkok just one set required. Photo should have been taken within last six months (they sometimes check to make sure they do not have or on passport). Passport date/visa/extensions copies. No medical required. You do know the 800k/65k financial paperwork required?

lopburi3,

" You do know the 800k/65k financial paperwork required?"

Yes, I have the documents for this - so hopefully renewal is relatively straight forward with no medical or police clearance etc.

Just the baht and the paperwork.

Thanks for your help

Brewmaster