Where Is Apple Authorized Shop That I Can Change My New Iphone With Some Battery Problems?

jiangaq

There used to be a genuine AppleCare center at Siam Square, one of those malls all along the way. Is it still there? If you can't find it, there are plenty of authorized service centers. I used to use one at Fortune IT for my Macbook. They took good care of me, always returned the computer quickly which means it didn't get sent to Singapore. And it never cost me anything.

The Apple service center at Kad Suan Kaew is quite helpful, but rather tricky to find. It's in the very back of the mall at the entrance to the car park. You may wish to visit the Apple store at Kad Suan Kaew, have them give you a flyer with the name of the store circled, and then try to find the store. If you can't find it, show retailers the circled address on the flyer and they'll get you there. It opens at 10.30 am and is closed on either Sundays or Mondays, don't remember which.

• Like 1

The Apple service center at Kad Suan Kaew is quite helpful, but rather tricky to find. It's in the very back of the mall at the entrance to the car park. You may wish to visit the Apple store at Kad Suan Kaew, have them give you a flyer with the name of the store circled, and then try to find the store. If you can't find it, show retailers the circled address on the flyer and they'll get you there. It opens at 10.30 am and is closed on either Sundays or Mondays, don't remember which.

I found it yesterday, but after checking with my iphone, the staff told me the battery is healthy, how come turn off at 20% battery level? My god.

If it's in warranty sure they change phone. But remember they give you new ph without box and accessories and ph IMEI # change. And when you sell ph so no need to give box with ph. Bcoz ph and box IMEI no not match.

Why is that a concern?

How many people even know what an IMEI number is?

• Like 1

I found it yesterday, but after checking with my iphone, the staff told me the battery is healthy, how come turn off at 20% battery level? My god.

there was once i got very frustrated by them. apple warranty had been hassle free most of the time but this branch of care centre had to be the worst i ever seen.

post it in the official apple forums or mail them the problem you are facing. usually you will get a reply to exchange for new set. get the reply and show it to them

the chiang mai apple service center is in Kad Suan Kaew, second floor sw corner

SW corner? LOL Get all technical on us.

How many people you think know north? Even with an iPhone to guide them! (with that handy compass device comes on it).

At least, most of the people - nearly 100% Thai, a large percentage of farang - I talk to seem to be clueless.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if some posters are referring to the iStudio resellers as an Apple repair center. I was under the impression they only ship a product for repair to Singapore.

I had an issue with my MBP a few ( 2 ) days ago and after spending over an hour on the phone with a support tech in Australia and him subsequently checking with a senior advisor regarding the issue he told me I should take it to an "authorized" Apple repair center. When I moaned about having to go to BKK to the Siam Paragon center, he asked where I lived and after I told him he gave me the address of a center which is 15 minutes from my house. He also said there are 7 such centers located throughout Thailand. I can't find a list per se but there is a locator available found on google.

My local shop is similar to the one I used years ago in the Philippines. It looked pretty much what i'd call fly by night. I could have effortlessly loaded everything from the place to a moving truck in about 10 minutes. I would have naturally needed to ask the sleeping younger fellow with his head on his folded arms on the table to kindly get up.

I have to add to the credit of the lady working there, she diagnosed the problem immediately whereas the support I used earlier was unsure. She was a complete pleasure to deal with and I hope I can use this center for additional support.

After looking at several sites for airline tickets on Friday my cursor froze and a reboot couldn't be done. I had only a grey/white screen with the spinning wheel. Aussie support had me try several things including one where I held down the shift, command (or maybe "option", I'm not positive.) letter "R" and letter "P" while powering up. There were others we tried as well.

The lady at the local center simply powered up the lap and held down the letter "N". This brought up a diagnostic of about 20 things such as bluetooth, HD and etc. It was immediately clear the HD was corrupted when we saw the HD icon with a red X through it. I figured possibly up to two weeks for repair, but she said it would be available in three days, Monday. Whoo hoo!

Once again, I say hats off to Apple, or is that Larry? 555

Edit: spelling

Edited by watcharacters

the chiang mai apple service center is in Kad Suan Kaew, second floor sw corner

SW corner? LOL Get all technical on us.

How many people you think know north? Even with an iPhone to guide them! (with that handy compass device comes on it).

At least, most of the people - nearly 100% Thai, a large percentage of farang - I talk to seem to be clueless.

The mac care at Kad Suan Kaew is indeed the place to go. I just had warranty work done there.

I'm a huge fan of using NSEW in directions. I can't understand why anybody wouldn't. It gives you a very specific location no matter which way you're facing. I can't understand why people don't use it. And yes, I'm aware that Thais and other asians don't utilize that but there's no reason we can't.

I'll bet the OP goes away chastened by the discovery that the response and service by Chiangmai Apple care/reseller/whatever that has any connexion to Maczone bears no resemblance to what he is accustomed to getting from such Apple-affilliated people anywhere else in the world. I learnt this from actual and bitter experience. I have complained and the investigation by Apple (outside Chiangmai) is in progress. Let's see what happens. In the meantime I shall watch to see how the OP fares.

I'll bet the OP goes away chastened by the discovery that the response and service by Chiangmai Apple care/reseller/whatever that has any connexion to Maczone bears no resemblance to what he is accustomed to getting from such Apple-affilliated people anywhere else in the world. I learnt this from actual and bitter experience. I have complained and the investigation by Apple (outside Chiangmai) is in progress. Let's see what happens. In the meantime I shall watch to see how the OP fares.

If I had my druthers, I would have taken my mac to an Apple store with a genius bar but then I'm living in Thailand. Ironically, my problems came from me taking my macbook to an Apple store last month which decided my motherboard needed replacing. When I got it back, the control key didn't work and it wouldn't go to sleep. Little old maczone in little old Chiang mai had to replace my keyboard and plug in a ribbon cable that had been left disconnected.

I guess my point is that the genuine Apple store provided me with crappy service and the people here fixed it.

Really. When I first took my macbook pro into the mac store in California, the "Genius" (those are air quotes because he was not what you'd call a genius) told me that what I described was not possible and that he'd never heard of anything like it. So I went back the next day and got a different genius who immediately recognized what I described as related to "deep sleep" and put it in for repair. A new motherboard and powerplug later and I've got a control key that won't work and a computer that won't go to sleep. Thankfully I've got apple care and it was all fixed here.

All I'm saying is that you can get bad service anywhere.