Australian Jp

schmoove

I need an Australian registered J.P or a silisitor that is still registered in New South Wales that can witness documents for me to sign in patts. Does anybody know any address or prefer contact number so I could call first to confirm.

Family Court accepted a witness by a public notary for some papers I needed witnessed.

Very few NSW registered solicitors or JP's in Pattaya as they usually ply their trade in NSW. You might be lucky to find one on holidays but expect to pay a premium.. So use what is available, legal folk will support their own. Otherwise it is a trip to the embassy in BKK, also expect to pay a premium for their time.

Family Court accepted a witness by a public notary for some papers I needed witnessed.

Very few NSW registered solicitors or JP's in Pattaya as they usually ply their trade in NSW. You might be lucky to find one on holidays but expect to pay a premium.. So use what is available, legal folk will support their own. Otherwise it is a trip to the embassy in BKK, also expect to pay a premium for their time.

Can you post exactly what it is you need signing? The reason is there are different departments within the Australian Government that have different requirements depending on what document is witnessed, I have just dealt with a lot from the result of the sad passing of an Australian cobba here in Pattaya.Some accept a person of similar social standing if you are residing overseas, but I can tell you one thing the Embassy in Bangkok were great and signed most for gratis. Whatever I could get signed here in Pattaya we did. An affidavit done 2 weeks ago for the Supreme Court had to be done at the Embassy, about 10 pages but they only charged me for 1.

BW

Yes it's an afadavit for the district court so is pretty high up on the witness sign scale I would think. Prob about 2 or 3 pages. I think at this stage would be better to be safe yhan sorry and go the embassy route but am still waiting to hear exactly who needs to witness it from my lawyers in oz. thanks for the embassy info. Good to hear not too pricey.

Hi schmoove,

My lawyers in Sydney checked and it had to be done by a Consular Official. So it looks like you will need to have a trip to Bangkok.

Good luck anyhow, ask the consular official if he or she can help keep the price down and I am sure they will be helpfull. I think the official price was 600Bt per page.

Good luck BW.

Edited by bigwilly