Real Estate Agents Once Again

mascarakatze

We've been down this road in the past. I am starting to sell my house in Sansai and I called a number of agents who responded immediately were professional and helpful UNTIL i contacted Jasmine homes who I i've done business with in the past. The agent responded immediately, made an appointment, said he would call before he left the office. We waited and waited and waited. No call to postpone or to cancel. Our time is too valuable to sit and wait for the Jasmine agent to surface. I sent him an email this morning saying that we will no longer be needing his services.

The good news is that 95% of the agents were great

• Like 1

I woke up this morning feeling terrible, my wife had left me and I had no friends. I desperately needed to complain, it's in my genes but there was nobody left to complain to. Thank goodness for Thai Visa my lifeline. Now all I need to do is think of something to complain about...............Oh I know...the estate agent yesterday!

• Like 2

When I dealt with them they were very good ! One of the few agents that came and picked us up and followed up on my questions . But then I was trying to buy not sell ... I think the market is flooded ........

I agree with the market being flooded. Good luck selling OP.

More like a Tsunami.

When I dealt with them they were very good ! One of the few agents that came and picked us up and followed up on my questions . But then I was trying to buy not sell ... I think the market is flooded ........

• Like 1

Anybody got a house for sale in Urbana 1?

I bought 9 properties over the past year and I'm still looking to buy. Any more good offer out there? Basic economics...demand meets supply. By the way, talk about property bubble bursting, I think chiangmai is a long way from it.

The good offers were all before you bought the 9 properties. 3-6 years ago was the time to buy. We will see what happens. Demand meets supply? There will never be the demand for all the properties being built now. Some of them are pure junk being built so poorly that they will fall apart within 4 years time.

Just so you know, I don't spent my money buying the 9 units and not knowing what I'm buying/investing in.Its all about playing it smart and get lucky.It has work in my favor so far. I agree that there might be some oversupply in the market right now,but then there are also some serious money pouring in than 5 years ago. Chiangmai got great potential for developments compared to other big cities in Thailand and alot of people are noticing it.

A person shows up late for an appointment.

Riveting stuff.

I don't know, most action I've seen here for a whie, at least it will hold us over while we await the next cheapest pizza story.

Aren't we due for a hamburger story. Like the new Fat Elvis

Just so you know, I don't spent my money buying the 9 units and not knowing what I'm buying/investing in.Its all about playing it smart and get lucky.It has work in my favor so far. I agree that there might be some oversupply in the market right now,but then there are also some serious money pouring in than 5 years ago. Chiangmai got great potential for developments compared to other big cities in Thailand and alot of people are noticing it.

Isn't it a little risky now buying for investment, What with the strong Baht and no real end in sight to the US weakness?

I agree with the OP, as those kind of business ethics [or lack of] are too common place and accepted here in LOS especially when everyone has a cel phone and when I'm told that the appontment will be a little late or have to cancel, I can accept. But no contact and I won't do business with them again.

It's a good idea to get the person's name and number when making an appointment to avoid this happening again....

My experience of a certain real estate agent is twofold:

The first was stopping by shop near Rimping supermarket and seeing two interesting properties in the window, only to be told after we went inside that both had been sold a long time ago.

The second was after forgetting about those come ons and using their web site a couple of years l;ater where, guess what, a couple of interesting properties presented themselves but were not to be seen on subsequent visits to the site - I later realised that those properties could only be seen by first time visitors but not those who already had site cookies on their PC.

I fired off an email to the Brit MD and complained and he responded with comments like, libelous, will sue you etc etc. funny.