When To Apply

Not urgent this as have. 2 months left on Non immigrant Type O (28 May 13)

I am a Brit, aged over 50

At what stage do I, can I apply for the extension based on marriage?

400k has been in sole bank account since 16 Feb 13. Also I don't want to tie up 800k.

Myself and wife are currently renting a condo in Huay Khwang, Bangkok, area. Both names are on the rental documents, and have had the address certified (well paid the British Embassy, for a letter), as succesfully meet the requirements (oh that was a laugh, and a eye opener) for a 1 year Thai driving licence.

But my wifes home is in Loeng Nok Tha (Yasathon), dose this cause any problems as she is registered there? I know that not many people living in Bangkok were born here, and there family home is outside the city.

We need photos of ourselfs in all the rooms???? Even more stupid question now, Just standing there???? Outside a condo front door with number, and outside the main enterance with all the inflatable, waving men ( quite a new building) half empty.

What is the Khor 22, when we married in a Amphur in Bangkok , last April, had 2 documents, the very colourful marriage certificate, and the other which has the witness signature's on, is it it that one, or is it a conformation form of some other type,which we need to go get again nearer the time?

As I said silly little questions, but just trying to build up, the complete picture of what I am doing, I have read numerous documents, and a like, and it can be a little confusing, well for me.

Thanks for reading, and any comments

Dave

1. During the last 30 days of your permitted to stay.

2. If you have a pension you could use combined method for retirement and not require 800k. If not Thai wife is your choice.

3. Should not need in every room but if apartment probably best and sitting on bed with wardrobe open with both your clothing visible seems to be most requested.

4. Home register upcountry should not be a problem in Bangkok - but be sure to have contract to prove rental.

5. KR2 is that extra paper of the ledger entry that you received and should be an updated copy (you can easily obtain from any District Office). The KR22 would be if your marriage was actually outside Thailand but then recorded here.

• Like 1

Thank you, that's very helpful......yes it would be the KR2, as married in Thailand.

Photo won't be a problem, that's straight forward.

Rental contract we have both names on it.

It will be the 400k, as my pension dosenot come in to force untill 2015, by then it should be worthless anyway. A big thanks to two great UK banks......

And I will go for early just to be on the safe side, I still have have a return flight booked, so can use it or cancel if needed.

Thank you very much

2. If you have a pension you could use combined method for retirement and not require 800k. If not Thai wife is your choice.

Is there a formula for calculating the required amount of monthly pension or overseas income? Example, if you have X amount in the bank here plus Y amount regular monthly income from home, you can qualify for retirement extension. How to calculate the values of X and Y?

I'm guessing Y = (800,000 - X) ÷ 12?

The rule in that case is money in the bank plus yearly income must be at least 800,000.

Most embassies will only certify yearly income, as monthly income can vary and income is not only salary. A yearly income of at least 300,000 will do.

800K is what you have to have in the bank so when calculating the amount needed for combination of the 2 you use that number instead of monthly income of 65K.

So in your example you would need at least 300K of annual income.

Edited by ubonjoe

You can apply anytime within the final 30 days of you permission of stay.

Always good to go early in case of any problems.

Kor Ror 2. It should have the name written on it.

My permission to stay expires on 12th May 2013, 30 days before falls on 12th April......Sonkran holidays for immigration, until I believe they open again on 17th April.

Do you suggest I try and submit my "Extension of stay" TM 7 form on the thursday (11th April) before their holidays or safe to wait until the 17th (wednesday). Are they pedantic about being exactly 30 days......or are they flexible when it comes to times like songkran?

Cheers.

Just a bit more info, I need to apply at Nakhon Pathom office if anyone has previous experience there.

It is not more than 30 days early at most locations - two weeks early should be plenty of time to find anything you need so I would go on 23/24 to avoid crowds.

Ok, Many thanks lopburi3......will heed your advice and go after the festivities.

Cheers.