Brit, Dutchman, Filipino Busted In Bangkok Telemarketing Scam

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the big foreign owned bars and restaurants countrywide, as well as other businesses are built on money from these 'boiler room' scam call centers.

You have them to thank for the current hassle of getting a visa, as it was directly a result of their criminal actions and specifically these types of crimes that the Thais tightened the regulations on foreigners living and working here.

Quite right. A few bars in Sukumvit Soi 11, the GoGo areas, as well as certain Irish Pubs, etc etc. The network seems to be expanding.

Irish pubs? Which ones?

Allegedly the Dubliner on Sukhumvit 33 or 33/1, Mulligans on Sukhumvit 11 and another joint, Molly Malones in Silom were financed with boiler room coin.

Mulligans too? Molly Mallones and the Dubliner are already well known boiler room pubs that I won't frequent.

I've created an account so you can make contact if you're getting calls from or dealt with a 'share agent' with a dutch / german accent. I've read one or two of you are still getting calls.

Long story short, I found out a relative has been scammed out of $500,000 over the last 2.5 years. I can't say much more at this point other then we are very close to freezing assets and would appreciated if you could send me a PM with phone numbers, individual and company names and any other contact details you have for these guys to see if its related. There are over 50 victims involved in this network (many still being scammed as we speak) and 'investors' have collectively lost millions.

Thanks

J

Many of the big foreign owned bars and restaurants countrywide, as well as other businesses are built on money from these 'boiler room' scam call centers.

You have them to thank for the current hassle of getting a visa, as it was directly a result of their criminal actions and specifically these types of crimes that the Thais tightened the regulations on foreigners living and working here.

Quite right. A few bars in Sukumvit Soi 11, the GoGo areas, as well as certain Irish Pubs, etc etc. The network seems to be expanding.

Irish pubs? Which ones?

Allegedly the Dubliner on Sukhumvit 33 or 33/1, Mulligans on Sukhumvit 11 and another joint, Molly Malones in Silom were financed with boiler room coin.

dont forget the robin hood, cheeky buggers

The sextet had allegedly been running a telephone investment scam.

What's wrong with these people? Boiler rooms, sheesh! I miss the good old days when all these scams were run only by properly qualified bankers and stock market brokerages. sad.png

They still are take a look at Cyprus and Greece for starters then Italy the UK and the World is your oyster so to speak wink.png they are all as bad as each other and anybody who parts with there savings over the phone without consulting a few different people are extremely stupid.But that is the play i suppose! Where there is a lot of money to be made it will never be controlled especially in corrupt society's.

A criminal is a criminal - what ever his/her nationality, one who robs another of his/her hard earned money should be punished. A criminal is a sub standard human being whatever their nationality - Be it a top executive white-collar thief or a common pick-pocket.

Really, should criminals be 'entertained' in star class prisons while honest people pay for their star class hotels? Imagine your life's savings been robbed by one of these crooks (it is not always that it happens due to your own fault).