Where Can I Buy An Antique Bicycle In Chiang Mai?

intrepidexpat

I'm interested to find any bike shops which have either old Thai or Burmese bikes which I can then have restored. I know that buying a new one would be cheaper and easier to ride around but I love the style of these bikes. I saw some displayed outside River Market restaurant and would like to get one. There are often some around the flower market too. Hope someone out there can help locate a shop. Thanks.

I saw three or four for sale on Sanamkela Road. There's that little round about near the college and stadium. Just past that heading towards the river, there are some second hand clothing stores that have some old bikes for sale.

Edited by luther

Are you talking samlors? There are 3 samlors at The River Market. Old bicycles are around. There is one shop in Hang Dong (I do not know the name) that had a few old bikes. The used place on Chiang Mai-Lamphun Road just before the Airport Road has old bikes and an Indian type of passenger bike that is cool.

There's a big second-hand bike shop on the east side of highway 1001, a couple of hundred metres south of MaeJo University intersection. There is a smaller store on the other side, the west side, also quite near that traffic light intersection.

The big junk shop on the Lamphun Road, about half a mile south of the Holiday Inn intersection, on the left (east) side just before you get to the superhighway, has some old bikes like the ones that maybe used to be post office bikes.

• Like 1

There's another store with a very mixed bag of bikes on Rattana Kosin Rd. Coming from the superhighway travelling west along Kaeo Nawarat Rd, turn right (north) into Rattana Kosin. The road takes a sharp left after a short while, and the bike shop (more of a covered open space by the side of the road) is on the right side. We bought a very decent tandem there, and I recall they had quite a few older bikes.

pj

• Like 1

Are you talking samlors? There are 3 samlors at The River Market. Old bicycles are around. There is one shop in Hang Dong (I do not know the name) that had a few old bikes. The used place on Chiang Mai-Lamphun Road just before the Airport Road has old bikes and an Indian type of passenger bike that is cool.

Can you be more specific on where it is? Thanks

There's a big second-hand bike shop on the east side of highway 1001, a couple of hundred metres south of MaeJo University intersection. There is a smaller store on the other side, the west side, also quite near that traffic light intersection.

The big junk shop on the Lamphun Road, about half a mile south of the Holiday Inn intersection, on the left (east) side just before you get to the superhighway, has some old bikes like the ones that maybe used to be post office bikes.

Thanks Ill go and have a look