Thai Education Ministry's Website Hacked For The 102Nd Time

webfact

This speaks for itself. Education Ministry should have educated top of the line IT people taking care of their servers with firewall protection. But is guess that is expecting too much.

You seem to be correct about that if this is the 102nd time they've experienced this. I don't think i would advertise it.

Methinks that there are 3 possibilities:

1 The Hackers have someone on the inside who has access to the passwords.

2 They are using short passwords ( under 8 Characters) with out numbers which would be a easy for lots of hack tools break.

3 The hackers have keylogger software running on the MOE servers.

I heard some schools sites have been hacked with similar messages displayed. So I am guessing its 2 or 3

Why doesn't the Thai ministry of education sponsor a contest to create an un-hackable website. Let these hackers beat on each other until they have the perfectly secure website. The grand prize is a high paying job as the new head of web security for the Thai ministry of education.

They are probably using cheap Chinese knock off servers and routers with knock off sw to be hacked this many times.

the server has absolutely nothing to do with being hacked!

it is the SOFTWARE that is running that acts as a barrier of protection!

it could be a 10 year old server from china, or a brand new top-range server from Europe. both can be hacked if there is not adequate protection.

• Like 1

whistling.gif When will they ever learn? wai.gif

When hackers start posting information unavailable in the schools

You know things like 2+2=4

If I have 6 apples and I give you two I will then have four apples.

simple stuff to start them off.

It's obvious the schools are not going to teach them.

Have you ever seen a Thai trying to add 2+2 without a calculator?

This speaks for itself. Education Ministry should have educated top of the line IT people taking care of their servers with firewall protection. But is guess that is expecting too much.

IT infrastructure is one of the least priority expenses within most thai companies. We recently were at a mid-sized construction business and were shocked to find there server ( an old white assembled PC ) sitting at the corner of their swanky reception office. Attached to it was an external USB drive which apparently had extremely sensitive accounting and engineering data backups.

After almost a month - we realised that this client was not even willing to invest in 15000 baht work of antivirus licenses for about 10 users (out of the 55 ppl that sit in that office) - forget about any attempts to even consider replacing their existing hardware to a more secure and foolproof system !

Come on folks, let's be positive it now seems as if the Thai Ministry of Education has achieved that prized accolade so beloved by Thai politicians by becoming The Hub of Hacking Attacks.

Congratulations to all concerned in this splendid effort and its subsequent success. Please find below your Gold Star of Success.

Gold-Star.jpg.

They have their IT sections no doubt, but should at least issue them with their Chinese I-pad equivalents to help with the job...............rolleyes.gif

Edited by chrisinth

Methinks that there are 3 possibilities:

1 The Hackers have someone on the inside who has access to the passwords.

2 They are using short passwords ( under 8 Characters) with out numbers which would be a easy for lots of hack tools break.

3 The hackers have keylogger software running on the MOE servers.

I heard some schools sites have been hacked with similar messages displayed. So I am guessing its 2 or 3

You can only think of 3 possibilities?

I take it you are not in IT related business dealing with security issues then?