Hiv Test/hep A Shot In Phuket

persianpower

HIV test/HEP A shot in Phuket

Sorry about the double post everyone, but...

I've made changes to my travel plans and need to ask these questions about health services in Phuket?

1) Hepititas A booster shot in Phuket, Thailand?

Where is the best place to have this done?

Also, do any of the Phuket health services offer free STD tests (HIV, HEP A, etc...) at their health clinics or hospitals?

If not free, which specific clinics/hospital should expats go to for results they can count on?

Thanks

they did not give me the Hep A shot in BKK, because with german text only.

I did it myself, also a nice thing :o

I've made changes to my travel plans and need to ask these questions about health services in Phuket?

Also, do any of the Phuket health services offer free STD tests (HIV, HEP A, etc...) at their health clinics or hospitals?

If not free, which specific clinics/hospital should expats go to for results they can count on?

Thanks

Thanks

Hep A is not considered a STD while Hep B is

Hep A should cost about 800THB - 500THB for the Dr and 300THB for the shot.

You might want to go for Twinrix - covers both Hep A and B

3 shots - day 0 - month 1 - month 3

Cover is for life in all probability - clinical trials still running but as each year passes the life of the vaccine is extended so to speak

add: must check the titer, often specially hep b does not work (twinrix and no antibody in my body...)

Thanks

Hep A is not considered a STD while Hep B is

Hep A should cost about 800THB - 500THB for the Dr and 300THB for the shot.

You might want to go for Twinrix - covers both Hep A and B

3 shots - day 0 - month 1 - month 3

Cover is for life in all probability - clinical trials still running but as each year passes the life of the vaccine is extended so to speak

H90

Although you may not have the antibody showing up the body has a "Remembering" system.

From the CDC site

"How long does hepatitis B vaccine protect you?

Recent studies indicate that immunologic memory remains intact for at least 23 years and confers protection against clinical illness and chronic HBV infection, even though anti-HBs levels might become low or decline below detectable levels."

I actually work at a place conducting many of these studies which are long term - the 23 years probably mean those that we know and can prove - the studies I know of are going on and on as far as I can see.

We can not say its definately for life but that is the theory and as each study is analysed the perios is pushed out further.

:D Why would you anticipate needing an HIV test? If you are planning to do the naughty, surely investing in prophylactics would offer you all the protection you need. Also, why should they be free? If you can afford to visit Thailand.................... :o