Towels: Good Quality, Possibly Bamboo, Where To Find?

TheFox

Hi,

Looking to find good quality bath linens (small towels, possibly bathrobe) either of nice cotton or even better, made out of bamboo products (not sure how those are actually called.)

Would like to avoid shopping malls, as I see those as overpriced most of the time. I could buy those at home in Europe, only makes sense to buy them while I'm in CM if they're a bit cheaper.

Is there a place where a good deal is to be had on this kind of items, with nice quality?

Thanks for your help.

Prices for good quality towels are higher here than in the US. In fact, towels are on my list of things to get next time I'm in the US... Usually, we by them at Index, anywhere from 500B - 1000B per towel ( large, almost beach towel size).

Towels are expensive here. The best IMHO are the good ones sold at Central. They will last for several years. The hotel-grade towels and other items sold at Makro are also good as someone else pointed out. Every time we have bought anything like towels, sheets, blankets, etc. at any other place than Central, they have fallen apart in 1-2 years. We have high-quality towels and sheets that we paid a pretty penny for at Central that are still in good shape 6 years later.

I was kind of hoping to hear a little bit about the bamboo products. That is some thing I had never heard of in relationship to cloth material. I know they make a terrific hardwood floor and some great wind instruments. But bath robes and towels are new to me.

I have a pair of bamboo socks i bought out of curiosity. One of the softest materials i have seen. Hemp is also a good material for shirts and trousers - no doubt hemp towels would be good too.

Thanks all for your input. Happy to see that I'm not the only one struggling to get good towels. ;)

Back to bamboo fabric, I own one bathrobe of the stuff, made and bought in France, and it's the most comfortable thing I've ever worn.

Towels are expensive here. The best IMHO are the good ones sold at Central. They will last for several years. The hotel-grade towels and other items sold at Makro are also good as someone else pointed out. Every time we have bought anything like towels, sheets, blankets, etc. at any other place than Central, they have fallen apart in 1-2 years. We have high-quality towels and sheets that we paid a pretty penny for at Central that are still in good shape 6 years later.

I think this is good advice. Got some bamboo fiber towels at Central many years ago. They have lasted very well. Not cheap.