Loei ' Could Yield 1 Million Tonnes Of Gold'

webfact

possible scenarios here;

- someone misread the word Troy ounce for Ton (still would have a fair value though)

- Thailand is sitting on over 50 Trillion (yes with a T) USD worth of gold at today's goldprice.

In case of scenario 3, better get my Thai citizenship real fast!

You forgot one scenario...whistling.gif

The 'forgotten' scenario was scenario number1. Edited out by moderator. I guess it was too early in the thread to start spoiling it for others. But this one was just too silly to be true. At least the other thread has a few people fall for it. Still nothing like the one previous year, about 50+yr old farang not being allowed to marry Thai women anymore. That was a classic! Edited by Gulfsailor

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So they have 150 tonnes now and expect to increase to 1 million tonnes? hahaha

Clearly they mistaked ounces (28 grams) for tonnes (1,000,000 grams).

I have lots of shares in Akara Mining (Kingsgate Consolidated) by the way. They have a few million ounces in Thailand, and I think they are the biggest gold miner in Thailand. They have lots of trouble with beurocracy/permitting.

Oddly Akara Mining mentioned in the text has a capacity to process.......yep ....1 million tonnes a year.

This must be nonsense - 1 million tonnes of gold.

Akara is processing 6-7mtpa in Thailand now. But I think this is a joke article.

China has claimed LOEI as their territory for years in another dispute that could cause friction in SEA - China navy already patrol the area and there have been several clashes in recent months

Extract taken from a from _ BS world press release April 1 2013

Another April Fool's Joke!!cheesy.gif Thai Ministry of Mining?

Yes the head office is in Issan, most of the employees however work around the big gold bearing reserves of Pattaya and similar places.

It should be noted that most of the staff mining around these areas are female as they are particularly skillful at extracting the gold from the dense gold bearing material, know as Solfatara farangus.

The primary gold bearing material can be subdivided in to two distinct types namely Solfatara farangus cheapus charlius and Solfatara farangus stupidus, typically extracting gold from Solfatara farangus cheapus charlius provides a bigger techncial challange and generally results in very low yields for the miners, however very high yields can be extracted very easily form the Solfatara farangus stupidus

Seems not a dissimilar scenario to the discovery of the ''Japanese gold hoard'' that was hidden towards the end of W.W.2. here in Thailand which when the whereabouts of that cache of gold was discovered all of Thailand's debts would be paid in ful according to the then Prime Minister.

Guess who the Prime Minster was who made that comment ?

Remember too some time afterwards the man who had in his possession an absolutely rare priceless original Picasso picture which when sold the proceeds would go a long way to clearing the debts of Thailand according to the ''owner '' of the picture.

Both scenarios all rather like the Cheshire Cat and its grin in Alice in Wonderland.

Of course we should also remember the date this day, hence it may well be a ''hook line and sinker'' catch.laugh.png

What was Picasso doing in the picture?

Is this the Nation's jolly April 1 prank?

no..its real didnt you know its all over the Thai news

Sigh......sometimes so difficult to tell the difference..... :-)

In Thailand, its April fools day every day somewhere in the country, but typically around the parliment building..biggrin.png

• Like 2

As usual, the health of people and the enviroment is no concern, when there is money to be made.

Dr. Pattapong Katesomboon, lecturer of Faculty of

Medicine, Khon Kaen University, mentioned results of blood testing done

with 440 people living in villages around the gold mine.

The test results showed that heavy metal, especially mercury,

was found in every sample and 38 are over standard level. Also, cyanide

was found in 348 blood samples, with 84 people having it over standard

level. Only 103 samples are cyanide-free and lead was found in every

sample.

http://en.nationalhealth.or.th/node/186

I think this is the most important post on this thread, and not to slight any of the others, but perhaps the only one worth reading. Thanks, dcutman.

• Like 1

And just after the switch from left to right hand driving. Amazing what April 1st can bring. Same stat here as that one. Better than half the replies taking it seriously ...

Don't have the facts handy but I believe that is more gold than is in the world already.

Brilliant that on April the 1st a discovery worth US$57,344,000,000,000 has been made. Wonder how many "bar hostesses" have shares in the company?

Just imagine the price they could pay for the rice and how much of it they could buy.

They would have bullet trains bringing it is from all over south east Asia.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

In part of southern Negros (one of the southern provincial islands of the Philippines) there is an enormous undeveloped ore deposit where it is fairly well established for decades now that the reserve may be in excess of 25 million tons (of gold). Why has the development never taken place? That's an easy call. People would be killing each other's and their own family members over the ownership, profits, and relevant financial subsidiaries. The same is likely true here- so I wouldn't expect to see the mine operating anytime soon.

And if it ever did, you can imagine (as several other posters have) the environmental costs.