Thailand To Change From Left To Right Hand Driving

Lite Beer

The only ones who benefit from this are the car industry. It is the car industry who must 1.produce and sell the new cars! 2. The car industry also have to provide and sell spare parts for the conversion of the old cars. 3. The production lines in the car industry will, in future, only produce one type of cars, smaller productions costs in the future.

Who are to pay the bill? The owners of the cars to day.

I am an international proffesionel driver, 20 years in europa, incl. England, 10 years in Thailand and from my point of wiew there are no good reasons for the shift.

unless the coverment want's to protect the drinking and driving....

"The department confirmed that many accidents with tourists happen because they go out and drink
too much. When they get on their motorcycle they cause accidents because
they drive on the wrong side of the road out of habit. This is being
confirmed by Phuket police."

Edited by khun Num

The only ones who benefit from this are the automotive industry, it is they who must 1.sælge the new new cars! 2. The automotive industry also have to provide and sell spare parts for the conversion of the old cars. 3. production lines automotive industry will in future only produce one type of cars, smaller productions costs in the future.

Who are to pay the bill? the owners of the cars to day.

I am an international proffesionel driver, 20 years in europa, incl. England, 10 years in Thailand and from my point of wiew there are no good reasons for the shift.

unless the coverment want to protect drinking and driving....

"It is also hoped that the change will increase the safety of tourist, as

most tourist are used to drive on the left. The department confirmed

that many accidents with tourists happen because they go out and drink

oh come on your taking the p*ss now surely.. ?...please tell me you are ?....cheesy.gif

• Like 2

The only ones who benefit from this are the automotive industry, it is they who must 1.sælge the new new cars! 2. The automotive industry also have to provide and sell spare parts for the conversion of the old cars. 3. production lines automotive industry will in future only produce one type of cars, smaller productions costs in the future.

Who are to pay the bill? the owners of the cars to day.

unless the coverment want to protect drinking and driving....

"It is also hoped that the change will increase the safety of tourist, as

most tourist are used to drive on the left. The department confirmed

that many accidents with tourists happen because they go out and drink

oh come on your taking the p*ss now surely.. ?...please tell me you are ?....cheesy.gif

Mark the date of this "news -- thaivisa.com 2013-04-01" coffee1.gif

Maybe it's those millions of Chinese tourists Thailand wants so bad. Sure won't make it easier for Brits, Ozzies and Kiwis who represent a big slice in Thailand's tourism.

I'd suggest a very different approach in changing Thailand's traffic system

Coincidental timing or BIG APRIL FOOLS?

27 pages of this? There's certainly no shortage of fools on ThaiVisa this month.

yes and most of the "fools" are the ones having to tell everyone this is a April fools gag.

• Like 1

The last country to change was, I believe, Sweden in the late 60s.

Italy changed between the wars, and in typical Italian fashion, changed gradually. Cities with trams were allowed to continue driving on the left (Rome was one) provided they posted signs at the city limits.

Nigeria changed in the late 70's i think,they have a due day to drive depending on your number plate

Let's hear from a monitor (lizard) whether it's April's Fool joke/

The idea has merits. Nearly all Thailand's bordering countries have right hand. Every vehicle in Burma's Tachilek, except the 'tin cans in a barrel' trucks from China, has the steering on the wrong side - as they get their cars (2nd hand) from Japan and Thailand, but they drive on the right. They've adjusted rather well there.

27 pages of this? There's certainly no shortage of fools on ThaiVisa this month.

yes and most of the "fools" are the ones having to tell everyone this is a April fools gag.

Good to see that someone read through all 27 pages to find out what most of the comments were about. I certainly didn't.

Good to see that someone read through all 27 pages to find out what most of the comments were about. I certainly didn't.

Since you didn't bother reading the thread, nice of you to call so many of the TVF users "fools".

I am happy I am not driving on the roads in Thailand in 2014. It will probably cost thousands of lifes if they change from left to right side driving.

Crazy!

The spokesman expects that the change would be without major problems or accidents.

Definately the most optomistic statement for years! ....Just imagine going around a roundabout anti clockwise!

ITS SCARY THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT BELIEVED THIS

Not scary at all IMO....let's be honest the majority of the posters here are complete nerds...

As soon as I saw this I thought April fools...

Typical TV cynic

• Like 1

ITS SCARY THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT BELIEVED THIS

Not scary at all IMO....let's be honest the majority of the posters here are complete nerds...

As soon as I saw this I thought April fools...

You're awesome.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Let's hear from a monitor (lizard) whether it's April's Fool joke/

The idea has merits. Nearly all Thailand's bordering countries have right hand. Every vehicle in Burma's Tachilek, except the 'tin cans in a barrel' trucks from China, has the steering on the wrong side - as they get their cars (2nd hand) from Japan and Thailand, but they drive on the right. They've adjusted rather well there.

Malaysia?!