Thailand To Change From Left To Right Hand Driving

Lite Beer

Thank goodness this is April 1st. What would 23 million cars with the steering on the right side do - if they were to drive with the wheel closest to the kerb? They already have spacial spasticity and can't judge the existing width of a vehicle. <deleted>' idiots to even raise the subject.

I saw the title and just naturally assumed it was an April Fools joke.

I still think it is.

I can't believe it went three and a half pages before anybody even mentioned April Fools...

3 1/2 pages of suicidal recommendations from TV members ... And them ...OMG ... do these people in government have nothing intelligent or really progressive to say or even think about ???.. Oye !! somone please give us hope on this country ??

I saw the title and just naturally assumed it was an April Fools joke.

I still think it is.

I can't believe it went three and a half pages before anybody even mentioned April Fools...

3 1/2 pages of suicidal recommendations from TV members ... And them ...OMG ... do these people in government have nothing intelligent or really progressive to say or even think about ???.. Oye !! somone please give us hope on this country ??

Ooops I can't believe WE ARE UP TO 24 PAGES ON THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAMAMIA!!! INCREDIBLE

England has been preparing for the switch for years! Every intersection built has to be able to cope with driving on either side of the road. Signs are carefully designed and the whole road system has taken years to be ready but Thailand thinks it can do it overnight. If this wasn't Thailand I would laugh. But seriously, has any one looked at the date today?

This is quite doable. It shouldn't be too difficult to convert current cars to lefthand drives. A prop kind of shaft or even a chain under the dash can direct the steering column to the left and pedal lever extensions to the left is nothing new, as many imported cars from right hand driving countries already have an extension of the brake pedal lever to the right. No butchering needed under the bonnet! As for the roads, too many cars always want to slip into traffic turning left. After the lane swap, they have to pay attention when crossing two lanes! Nothing much is new anyway; Some lanes are already set for moving in the oposite direction during rush hour. And yes, look at the date - it can be done before end of this year!

I thought it was an April Fools joke too. But I have a friend in Amphoe Phen and I passed along the article to him. So he turned on his television and watched the local news, and it was there being discussed.

This is not an April Fools joke.

Edited by Nicole79

<deleted> so now just to make it more dangerous and to give all those unlicensed incapable idiots on the roads out there a better chance of killing themselves and somebody else in the process, Thailand is going to change the direction of traffic ???? from left to right ??? and all because it will be better for ASEAN ????? dont they know that more tourista come here and kill themselves in road accidents than a lot of other places..why hey I think I read on Tv that Thailand is the 3rd most dangerous place for tourists to have road accidents in the world.....but hey dont quote me and lets all hope this is AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE ???? PLEASE TELL ME IT IS...if not I think its going to make Thailand a HUB FOR ROAD ACCIDENTS AND STUPIDITY hahahahaah APRIL FOOLS ???