Thailand To Change From Left To Right Hand Driving

Lite Beer

The last country to change was, I believe, Sweden in the late 60s.

Italy changed between the wars, and in typical Italian fashion, changed gradually. Cities with trams were allowed to continue driving on the left (Rome was one) provided they posted signs at the city limits.

And done overnight wasn't it?

The department confirmed that many accidents with tourists happen because they go out and drink too much.

Classic Thai logic: the problem with tourists and road safety in Phuket is the nasty, drunken foreigner. It's sometimes mind-boggling how disconnected from reality some folks can become. In Thailand, they've turned being disconnected into a high art form, yet the Thais haven't quite mastered the skills North Korea puts on display everyday.

• Like 1

Nothing like great humor...

"Per 1 January 2020 all cars in Thailand, including old cars, must be refitted. However busses, trucks and taxis will be exempted as they are driven by professional drivers who can handle their vehicle safely."

• Like 1

»Most of the ASEAN member states already drive on the left hand side...« whistling.gif

»It is also hoped that the change will increase the safety of tourist, as most tourist are used to drive on the left.« sad.png

Ops – It's April 1st today clap2.gif

The last country to change was, I believe, Sweden in the late 60s.

Italy changed between the wars, and in typical Italian fashion, changed gradually. Cities with trams were allowed to continue driving on the left (Rome was one) provided they posted signs at the city limits.

Burma changed when the military took over 10-15 years ago. Second April 1st story which I almost swallowed today!

Why didn't they set the date for change over for April 1st......... ohhhhhhhh sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssh, that is today and it is April Fools day too . Just a coincidence i suppose .

HELL! thats gonna be dangerous . Anyhow, a large % of them drive on the wrong side already.

Seriously guys, look at the date, IT IS APRIL FOOLS DAY. I love them all dearly, but they cant drive to save their lives, no one can afford to change their steering wheels over, and this will take four golden centurys for people to get used to. Unless it is a plan to take out the masses, and to eradicate as many as they can, as they dont have nuclear weapons, this has to be an April Fools Day Joke. Just some SANUK.