Thailand To Change From Left To Right Hand Driving

Lite Beer

This has got to
be the most idiotic idea, and to suggest it will be implemented, if it gets
passed, by January 2014.

The number of car manufacturers here in Thailand could not make the changes to all the tooling processes
and assembly lines in time. Does that mean they will have to import sub components (That will be a popular interim decision) and what happens to all the RH drive tooling that has not been amortised through current production vehicles.

Oh yes and not to mention majority of RHD pickups are exported from Thailand so if they maintain both the expense to the car companies is well you can just imagine. (Oh its to create more jobs)

Gosh what are they on to let us drive RHD vehicles on the right hand side of the road.

• Like 1

They should have made it effective as of today which would have been quite appropriate. Anyway most locals living near Hangdong Road in CNX already drive on the right-hand side of the road.

Murray.CNX.

if change the driving side in Thailand a

million people gonna die in the first month by

road accidents and people just cross the roads they are used to it look

right first so more and more will die

Or did somebody lie?w00t.gif

What about the headlights, they have to be changed as well :-) - this will never happen...

ENDQUOTE

They'll probably ban the use of headlights that have not been properly adjusted, and within a few months, every major town will have an appointed agent who could do the necessary adjustment.

SC

This whole idea actually came from a meeting at the airport where they discovered that the runways had been put down the wrong way and the planes are now taking off from the end they should be landing at. The idea is to try to take the attention away from this and give everyone something else to talk about while they quietly reverse the runways,

Does that mean planes will need to land backwards? But they don't even have rear-view mirrors! And they'll need to move the terminal buildings... Is Don Muang affected as well?

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

So, because its an inconvenience for the TOURISTA, the locals must "adapt?" Insane.

I'm from the USA and we drive on the right side of the road, so this should make me happy, right? (no pun intended)

Its sheer lunacy. If tourists cannot adapt, then too bad.

"I'm from the USA ... Its sheer lunacy."

Maybe your calendar is on daylight savings time.

• Like 1

clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"However busses, trucks and taxis will be exempted as they are driven by professional drivers who can handle their vehicle safely."

That is one of the better jokes in the article!!!

This is the best laugh I have had on TV for years HaHa--------- Pity its April 1st---- I would have believed it !!!!

"However
busses, trucks and taxis will be exempted as they are driven by
professional drivers who can handle their vehicle safely."

This idiotic statement, above all, proves this is an April Fool's joke.