Thailand To Change From Left To Right Hand Driving

Lite Beer

Today is April 1st, so I believe this article is a joke.

Firstly, it brims with incosistencies and (deliberately?) hidden mistakes. Secondly, no newspaper, agency or other media outlet has been credited at the bottom as the source, but there's only the Thai Visa News logo.

Whoever fell for this: Have a hearty laugh at yourself. It's healthy. cheesy.gif

If anyone bothered to read the small writing when applying for the vehicle 1st timer rebate, they would have noticed the section (in Thai) saying that the government are not responsible for any cost regarding possible new changes to vehicles and I don't expect it was put in there for no reason. I'm sure the Thai's didn't bother to read it and most farang's can't! The bottom line is if you want a left hand drive car you will incur very high costs.

Edited by uptheos

Does anyone know how to spell 'gullible'!!!!!

Some right muppets on here bwhahaha

not as many muppets commented as the year the changes to law for over 50's farangs marrying Thai women was on TV...the best one yet George has come up with....oh the outrage...but the funniest part even when parties were told is was a joke, they would believe it and kept raging on....hysterical...

Year you're right i remember that was a classic, but look at em now, still bleating on despite the cat being let out of the bag, that's what makes me laugh the most. You can guarantee too, when they do finally realise they've been done like a kipper, they won't find it funny and will have the pompous 'We are not amused' look on their faces!!!

Special Offer from Toyota Thailand to be released on 02 April 2013:

"Limited time offer, *book your new 2014 left hand drive **Fortuner today and receive, absolutely free, a tube of whitening cream***!"

* Full payment up front required.

** No supplies available, view brochure only, expect delivery approx June 23rd, 2016.

*** 1 tube whitening cream per family only.

• Like 1

So, because its an inconvenience for the TOURISTA, the locals must "adapt?" Insane.

I'm from the USA and we drive on the right side of the road, so this should make me happy, right? (no pun intended)

Its sheer lunacy. If tourists cannot adapt, then too bad.

You are from the US of A - I would never have guessed that!!!clap2.gif. Have you ordered your new car (with the steering wheel on the left) yet?

OK First of all...Today is April fools day....so could this actually be a true story???

Come on...we already know that this society has a hard enough time doing things the way they are now...can you imagine just changing things around in 8 months......yeah right!!

• Like 1

Thailand to change from left to right hand driving

Can you imagine the Japanese car factories, who already produced their EXISTING cars go nuts....

Typically Thai-Chinese way of doing things,.... without thinking, eyes and ears closed, and putting on a pretty facegiggle.gif giggle.gif

So Finally Thailand goes rectify the mistake they made under the influence of the British a century almost ago....?clap2.gifbiggrin.png , so they started realizing they are not the center of the Universe sad.png ?

I don't quite understand by what you mean of Thailand being "under the influence of the British a century almost ago"? Thailand was never colonized.

just reading this article...tonglen stated he would travel by canal in the boats...but if the road rules are changed so would the boats...

they would have to travel on the right hand side too

so if that is the case then they would have to change the pitch on the prop to right hand swing

happy 1st

Given the fact that driving is currently dangerous, can you imagine what it will be like if this gets passed? When Im in Bangkok, Ill travel by boat and canal.

Don't worry, this is being announced on April Fools day. If it wasn't then I may believe it!!!