Thailand To Change From Left To Right Hand Driving

Lite Beer

What about the motorcycle drivers? will they also have to fit into this system? or will they still be above the law and still allowed to drive all over the place, like side-walks, footpaths, pavements or whatever the right word is in Thailand?

what about the right hand drive vehicles at the moment, will they have to be converted to left hand drive? or will the passenger have to risk his life and get out of the vehicle on the right side and run around the vehicle and pray that the bus driver doesn't flatten him?

I can't believe it went three and a half pages before anybody even mentioned April Fools...

I called it on page one, but the post was deleted. (my first post here) I guess newbies aren't allowed to spoil the joke too early.

this is post 3. you can see in my "content"/profile there are only two posts.

w00t.gif

One cannot believe the madness of this suggestion !!!

Because lorries might be going to neighbouring countries and lefthand drive lorries may be comming to Thailand , is No Excuse .

This is all about ASEAN , trying like the European Union to create an area where everything is the same . The EU is a failure and so will be ASEAN , if they follow the example .

Thais are noteably Not Good Drivers on the left hand side of the road ; lack attention , ingore the rules of the road , how are they ever going to change to the right hand side of the road .

Thailand already has an unusually high accident rate and death toll on the roads ; switching sides and to left had drive will increase the accidents tenfold .

Perhaps the government should hold a referendum , ask the people , before embarking on such a risky scheme which may be emensely unpopular and cause the death of many people .

cheesy.gif

I can't believe it went three and a half pages before anybody even mentioned April Fools...

I called it on page one, but the post was deleted. (my first post here) I guess newbies aren't allowed to spoil the joke too early.

No one is allowed to spoil the joke too early, your status as a newbie is irrelevant.

• Like 1

wow!!! I love read news on the 1st of April ;-)

btw... if this would be true I can live with this... I switched once when I moved to UK so I can switch back again :P

and I can imagine how much less cars would be on the streets :D

ntries

HELL! thats gonna be dangerous . Anyhow, a large % of them drive on the wrong side already.

It's all Fools day today. In old UK Colonial days all colonial coutries had their All Fools Day on April 1st. There is no way the Thai government would propose this because the cost would be devastating. Just think about how much would have to change. When the UK costed a left to right change after joining the EEC they concluded that such a project would be unafordable.

APRIL FOOL!! to you dear editor.

Edited by indyuk