Reward For Stolen Car

kubota

From what I'm reading yes someone saw the car in Jomtien and was good enough to contact the owner and take pictures, however the car then disappeared and the police found it later elsewhere after it had run of gasoline.

OP in my opinion owes nobody on here.

:-

It was stolen twice ?

Someone reported it and pictured it in Jomtien, the owner was contacted but it seems the owner was busy with police and didn't reply to the member that found it. The next morning the member that found it said it had gone and that he'd had no contact from the cars owner.

Later that evening the police found the car in another location.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure who is worse the op for not putting his money where his mouth is or the balloon chasers demanding a payout for heelp any decent human would render for free

either way this thread has been pure entertainment.

Pattaya.

Ha!

Jomtien actually, Ha hah!!

Pay the police 50,000 baht to do their job & find your car. Nice one.Would seriously advise keeping it in the yard in case it goes missing again, you will probably find it at Soi 9 when you go to pay the next reward.

or you could just let it go.

Crapon crapon crapon, crap crap crap.

Then crawl over the floor back to your place and forget this thread ever existed.

Isn't that the exact reason why the situation of 90% of the people in this county will never improve?

A big loss of face.

An awfully lot of people have read this thread, the car is rather unique and stands out like a sore thumb, bet the owner is already getting a bit more attention than he wants if he sticks around Pattaya.

Then crawl over the floor back to your place and forget this thread ever existed.

Isn't that the exact reason why the situation of 90% of the people in this county will never improve?

because they didnt get paid for finding a car? I would think there are greater issues to be dealt with than a tosser who may or may not have lost his car

A big loss of face.

An awfully lot of people have read this thread, the car is rather unique and stands out like a sore thumb, bet the owner is already getting a bit more attention than he wants if he sticks around Pattaya.

hence my belief it is an excellent prank.

perhaps one of our many erstwhile members with connections that run deep could confirm the police were ever approached in this matter.

i sincerely doubt they were.

and for future reference, it is krap pom or kap pom

Edited by candypants

because they didnt get paid for finding a car? I would think there are greater issues to be dealt with than a tosser who may or may not have lost his car

No because they are taught to let go when involved with a tosser, in their case usually someone with a uniform or much money.

In our world we are taught to stand up.

• Like 1

From what I'm reading yes someone saw the car in Jomtien and was good enough to contact the owner and take pictures, however the car then disappeared and the police found it later elsewhere after it had run of gasoline.

OP in my opinion owes nobody on here.

:-

It was stolen twice ?

Someone reported it and pictured it in Jomtien, the owner was contacted but it seems the owner was busy with police and didn't reply to the member that found it. The next morning the member that found it said it had gone and that he'd had no contact from the cars owner.

Later that evening the police found the car in another location.

Yeah I call bullshit on the copper story, just seems to be a convenient way to dodge the reward payment.

On a positive note though if the copper story is true and the OP did pony up the 50k he can expect his car to go missing more often now, my guess usually toward the end of the months.

Edited by Spoonman

Sorry about the late reply, I engaged the Police yesterday, and they have a group of who people how is doing only about theft. The "chief" came to my home and wrote down all the information about the day it got stolen..They found the car yesterday evening,apparently he run out of gasoline. The car was facing towards north/Pattaya, which means he was going somewhere else than Sattahip/Rayong area. Sorry about this, this time the money went to the police, and his team. He had about 10 people with radios searching around Chonburi/Rayong.

So you offer a reward to anyone who can find your car, a member finds it, tells you where it is and then you come back with this BS story about the police getting the money, not even offering a simple thank you to the TV member who LOCATED the car for you in the first place, am I missing anything?

I can see you're a real man of integrity....

Perhaps "the Weasel" would be a more appropiate username...

Regards.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the next person that needs similar help, may not get it. "I gave the BIB 50k, so I dont have the time or money to even offer a beer to the guys that found it first."

Old matey did not even have time to acknowledge the posters who found the car !!!!

• Like 2

One reason we are so reluctant to allow posts like this to become public. It's a forum rule to NOT allow lobbying of members. We let this one go...maybe a mistake.

There is of course this rule as well, but as Craig3365 said we let it go thinking it would help recover the vehicle.

25) Members are forbidden to solicit for or accept donations, gifts etc. for providing such advice to visitors and members. Likewise, it is not permitted to steer or solicit members and visitors to go to locations or businesses where it is necessary to pay for services or assistance. The exception is ThaiVisa.com sponsors, who may reasonably promote themselves.

One reason we are so reluctant to allow posts like this to become public. It's a forum rule to NOT allow lobbying of members. We let this one go...maybe a mistake.

A shame the OP didn't simply ask for help without the financial carrot. I'm sure people would of been as helpful as they have been, because generally, people here are quite community spirited.. in my experience anyway.

I hope one bad egg doesn't spoil things for everyone else.

I think that is exactly right. And there are options other than the extremes -- to either leave the OP as it stands or delete it in its entirety. Often posts are "edited" and such could have been done to the OP:

"My car was stolen yesterday 02/04/2013. From Jomtien beach around soi 5-6 at 1200 o/clock.

If somebody saw/have information about this, i [will greatly appreciate receiving any information on my car and/or its whereabouts. Please PM me. Thanks very much for any help in advance]."

That would have solved most of the problem (not that the OP is a total scumbag -- the bigger problem), and still provided the opportunity for help/assistance from those with "community spirit" (good choice of words). Hopefully, this deadbeat has not ruined it for others needing and asking for help in the future on this forum -- we all need help from time to time living here in Thailand. My instinct is that he has not -- time will tell.

Edited by Thailaw
  • Like 1

Thankfully it seems not too many cars or m/c seem to be stolen from TV members.

Yes, it would be a shame to have any requests for help banned because of the case in this particular thread, especially as help was forthcoming and given.

What gets me is the lack of manners and thought from the OP who asked for
help but - as far as I can see - still has not even said thank you to
those who did help.

Obviously any discretion on similar posts without a reward would be down to the mods.

I am the person who lost out on the reward. I am retiring from this thread as appears that it will not go forward. It's interesting to see the car owner still is checking in to Thai Visa, maybe to see what is being said. I can summarize the whole event: car lost, reward offered, car found, no reward nor thanks. I knew something was amiss an hour after posting that I had found it. No response Can you imagine a "classic car" owner would not follow the progress of someone maybe finding his lost car? Sure, a reward or thanks would have been nice. But alas, I don't suppose a "crime" has been committed, especially this being Thailand. So, a quote for my parting words from John D Rockefeller:

I believe in the sacredness of a promise, that a
man's word should be as good as his bond, that character—not wealth or
power or position—is of supreme worth.

Thanks to all readers who followed along and supported me. And to one who even tracked down the car owner's name and photo.

• Like 1

He could have at least took the finder out for lunch/dinner as a thank you.

I can see paranoia setting in every time he drives it with gangs of expats hanging off pcx's surveilling him as discreetly as possible.

Power Rangers strike!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

With a well known car like that, he should hide it in a garage, sell it, or move to another city, or even country!! Every time someone sees that car, they will think "What a cheap ba....d". You made a very big mistake with your game. You have a car that brought you attention, no you will get more than you hoped for.

Or maybe the OP had a little to much to drink tagged a car & ditched the ride . Called the cops & posted to make it somewhat believable that it got stolen. No report from OP on how they started the car twice either. I dunno something smells fishy about this tune!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a note from PC800:

I just wanted to add the final chapter to the STOLEN CAR IN JOMTIEN story that many of you read. I am happy to say that the car owner came through with a reward that I felt was quite fair. I also said I would share 1/3 of it with another Thai Visa member who added to the story as it was unfolding.

I admit I was a bit skeptical of all the details as they were presented in the days after the loss, but when it was fully explained to me, I understand,

So, to the Buick car owner, thank you for a reward for helping to find your car.

To followup on this, please contact other members via PM.

wai2.gif