Phuket: Family Call For News Of ‘Missing’ German Man

webfact

Phuket: Family call for news of ‘missing’ German man
Claire Connell

1364957086_1.jpg
Benjamin Jürgs.

PHUKET: -- The family of German man Benjamin Jürgs are calling on members of the public to let them know if they encounter him.

Mr Jürgs was last seen on March 29 in Germany. Soon after that, he took a flight to Thailand without telling his family.

He is believed to be attending a half moon party on Koh Phangan today (April 3).

“We have strong reasons to be worried about his health,” wrote friend Sina Baumeister in an email to The Phuket News.

“Benjamin hasn’t been well for weeks, and because of that, his family and his friends want to know where he is and if he is okay.”

Mr Jürgs is 1.70 metres tall, and usually wears baggy pants and skater shoes.

If anyone has any information about where Mr Jürgs is, please contact Sina Baumeister on +49 173 53 77662 or [email protected]

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-family-call-for-news-of-%E2%80%98missing%E2%80%99-german-man-38344.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-04-03

Simple. Just check with immigration as his accommodation will have informed them of his whereabouts.

?? What ? Please elaborate.

Technically the immigration has a list where very farang is staying in every house/hotel in the country every night.

Of course what is the LAW and what happens are two different things.

• Like 1

Simple. Just check with immigration as his accommodation will have informed them of his whereabouts.

Technically the immigration has a list where very farang is staying in every house/hotel in the country every night.

haha yes also NOBODY will be throwing water out of the back of pick up trucks this Songkran because in Thailand the law is the law cheesy.gif

Very good description of the registration process in theory Morakot.

Truthfully, adequately, meaningfully, timely, securely, effectively and monitoring.

For some reason I foresee this is not going to work flawlessly.

• Like 1

I wonder how difficult/easy it is to get Immigration to actually look through their records to find out where one foreigner is reported to be staying?

What do they want from the requester to do this search?

And who has the authority to ask for this search?

Maybe the parents of this guy have already gone the Immigration route, given up, and are now asking the general public?

PS. @madmich - yes, I know you were making a joke! biggrin.png

So he escapes his family and now they want him back? Looks like he is over 18.

Says the family is worried about his 'health'. Probably means mental health. If so, quite understandable that they'd be concerned for his well-being. Families shouldn't stop caring when you hit 18...

I agree, he could have mental health issues, but also he may be a drug rehab patient/escapee. This may explain his attraction to Koh Phangan and it's parties.

Edited by NamKangMan

Registration process, hm. For a long time I was working as a hotel receptionist in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It was a reputable 3 star hotel. Guests were required to fill out a form on checking in of course. Occasionally people were clearly hesitating before filling out the form, and I suspected they might have come to Amsterdam for doing something else than buying tulip bulbs. Then I just said "You can fill out whatever you like, I don't check passports", and obviously relieved they went about filling in the form. A registration process only makes sense if the hotel also has to supply a copy of the passport/ID card. Oh well, off topic anyway. I hope the family will soon find Benjamin, who might very well be mentally unstable, as suggested above.

Right, still remember some years ago traveling Thailand with my Thai girlfriend. Most of the times we checked in at a resort or small hotel, we used my gf ID card. Never asked for my passport, to much paperwork.

Phuket: ‘Missing’ German tourist found on Koh Phangan
Claire Connell

1364957086_1.jpg

Benjamin Jürgs has been found on Koh Phangan.

PHUKET: Tourist Benjamin Jürgs, reported missing by his family in Germany, has been found on Koh Phangan today (April 3).

In an email to The Phuket News this afternoon, friend Sina Baumeister confirmed Mr Jürgs had been found, but she did not provide any other details.

Mr Jürgs was last seen on March 29 in Germany. Soon after that, he took a flight to Thailand without telling his family (see earlier story here).

“We have strong reasons to be worried about his health,” Ms Baumeister wrote in an earlier email.

“Benjamin hasn’t been well for weeks, and because of that, his family and his friends want to know where he is and if he is okay.”

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-%E2%80%98missing%E2%80%99-german-tourist-found-on-koh-phangan-38363.php

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-04-03

• Like 1

Party on, Dude! All this for what? Well at least they know where he is. Although it said right in the OP: "He is believed to be attending a half moon party on Koh Phangan today (April 3)." It didn't take a rocket scientist to locate him. Just a friend that can read the news on the internet.