Positive Post On Hair-Cuts

Gone

With some negative posts I have seen lately regarding inflation here for bike washes etc. I thought I would say how getting a haircut here for a man is still so unbelievably cheap and awesome. My hair sometimes can't grow fast enough to get my next one.

I mean for 80 baht ($2.50) I get the full monty including the shave where they trim your nostril hairs and use the strait razor on your face, trim your eye-brows, inside of your ears and even give you somewhat of a massage and crack your knuckles etc.

I imagine it is the same as when a lady gets a pedicure or something but for me it is 1 hour of relaxation and I feel SO good when I leave.

post-147691-0-35564000-1364966450_thumb.

• Like 1

1) That picture is not my haircut. haha

2) I have always had great haircuts for 13 years here now and even some that were done with a strait razor in Bkk and I was worried but turned out fine.

I go to the barber just across the railway tracks on Soi Siam Country Club and he always does a fine job. I guess if one did not have a lot of hair to spare they might be a little more worried about how "good" it was cut but I have lots and it grows back in a week or 2 so I'm not so worried.

To the comment about 80 baht not being cheap in a country where the minimum wage is 300 baht, Why the heck would that matter what they make per day? 80 baht is 80 baht. $2.50 CAD for god sake...........yeah maybe you should find one for 40 or 60 baht to save money. Oops sorry, I give a 20 baht tip too so it costs me $3.00 CAD.......WOW maybe I won't be eating for a few days eh? Damn some of you are cheap.

Guess my positive hair-cut story WOULD turn into a negative one here.

• Like 1

To the comment about 80 baht not being cheap in a country where the minimum wage is 300 baht, Why the heck would that matter what they make per day? 80 baht is 80 baht. $2.50 CAD for god sake...........yeah maybe you should find one for 40 or 60 baht to save money. Oops sorry, I give a 20 baht tip too so it costs me $3.00 CAD.......WOW maybe I won't be eating for a few days eh? Damn some of you are cheap.

Some are cheap, some are just stupid.

All charges for services are related to local prices, no matter where you are. It doesnt matter one jot what you used to pay in never-never-land or Kansas or wherever, the only thing that matters here (or anywhere) is what the local price is in relation to local incomes.

Some are cheap, some are just stupid.

All charges for services are related to local prices, no matter where you are. It doesnt matter one jot what you used to pay in never-never-land or Kansas or wherever, the only thing that matters here (or anywhere) is what the local price is in relation to local incomes.

Your calculation ignores two factors: the folks being paid minimum wage are generally unskilled workers, not those with marketable skills, and also that a barber/hairdresser/etc. generally carries the burden of paying rent, utilities, buying supplies, etc. - things that a minimum wage worker doesn't have yo worry about.

• Like 1

Your calculation ignores two factors: the folks being paid minimum wage are generally unskilled workers, not those with marketable skills, and also that a barber/hairdresser/etc. generally carries the burden of paying rent, utilities, buying supplies, etc. - things that a minimum wage worker doesn't have yo worry about.

Not really. Why do you think that dental work, hospital treatment, tailoring and just about every other service costs less here than it would in the West? It's because all the service-related costs are lower here, starting with all the wages and following on to rent, taxes, etc etc.

Not really. Why do you think that dental work, hospital treatment, tailoring and just about every other service costs less here than it would in the West? It's because all the service-related costs are lower here, starting with all the wages and following on to rent, taxes, etc etc.

And a $2.50 haircut is not less than it would be in the west? Given your contention above that the cost of services elsewhere should have no bearing on what something should cost here, seems odd that you now resort to exactly such a comparison.

Once again, the minimum wage that you cite above applies only to employees - generally unskilled ones at that - and not to a worker with skills, nor to a shop keeper, barber, or other small business owner, who must bear the expenses of operating the business as well as making a livable wage.

Well, if you cant see the difference between a comparison of local prices and a comparison of local and foreign prices then there's not much else to say.

You continue to ignore the basic fact that a barber has expenses other than his or her own wages to factor into setting prices, here or any place else. The established minimum wage rate has zero to do with that calculation.

You continue to ignore the basic fact that a barber has expenses other than his or her own wages to factor into setting prices, here or any place else. The established minimum wage rate has zero to do with that calculation.

No I dont. Hospitals, dentists, car wash places, tailors, noodle soup vendors all have expenses too. Nothing new there.

And the minimum wage has everything to do with just about all wages and costs in any country.

I pay nothing.

The g/f buzzes my hair to a number 2, sometimes a number 1. Then I lay my head in her lap and she plucks my eyebrows, ears and nose wub.png

She also cuts my toe and fingernails.

I'd not let her loose with a straight razor though, thanks very much w00t.gif

• Like 1

You pay 80 baht??? you are getting ripped off.giggle.gif

Head over to 3 road, Khun Joe Hair school, hair cuts are FREE and wash&dry only 20 baht.

I like to give my business local but thanks.

With some negative posts I have seen lately regarding inflation here for bike washes etc. I thought I would say how getting a haircut here for a man is still so unbelievably cheap and awesome. My hair sometimes can't grow fast enough to get my next one.

I mean for 80 baht ($2.50) I get the full monty including the shave where they trim your nostril hairs and use the strait razor on your face, trim your eye-brows, inside of your ears and even give you somewhat of a massage and crack your knuckles etc.

I imagine it is the same as when a lady gets a pedicure or something but for me it is 1 hour of relaxation and I feel SO good when I leave.

Positive posts on TV .

I like it.

Free haircut this morning, same as over past six years. Can't get cheaper than that, but it takes a coupla hours as done by supervised students. A friend had the same done and it cost $60NZ.

It must look OK as frequently stopped by those wishing to take a pic so they can get the same or asked for name of hairdresser - it's shaved like a man's at the back.