Is Your Wife/girl Friend Capable To Pronounce English Sounds Properly/easily?

Tchooptip

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jayroo; That instead of jumping to conclusions, perhaps you should read my post one more time. On second thought, read it twice. coffee1.gif

@Jayroo; That instead of jumping to conclusions, perhaps you should read my post one more time. On second thought, read it twice. coffee1.gif

I know exactly what you are trying to convey with your shallow post. No one is talking about that, so take your rusty 2 cents and go away.

>@Jayroo; That instead of jumping to conclusions, perhaps you should read my post one more time. On second thought, read it twice. coffee1.gif

I know exactly what you are trying to convey with your shallow post. No one is talking about that, so take your rusty 2 cents and go away.

coffee1.gif

yes my wife speaks very good english ,but then she did live in the UK with me for 7 years and learnt english in school. before .

yes my wife speaks very good english ..............

"Yes, my wife speaks English very well."......obviously a bit better than you...??

My reply starts with w and ends with r.

Thai people have trouble with the following letters

R - they have a similar sound in Thai but pronounce it as an "L"

V/X - they dont have an equivalent in Thai

They are used to cutting the suffix off of words in Thai and carry that trait to English, many simply dont understand that can change the context.

As for my g/f, she does all of the above. She speaks in a very understandable manner, but it takes my family back home some time to get used to her pronunciation.

My wife can pronounce the letter v.

I think you've made a generalisation

Naughty!

If you read my post it wasn't a generalisation.

I said "they can do it with practice but it takes time"

Some learn how to say it. :)

yes my wife speaks very good english ,but then she did live in the UK with me for 7 years and learnt english in school. before .

yes my wife speaks very good english ..............

"Yes, my wife speaks English very well."......obviously a bit better than you...??

My reply starts with w and ends with r.

Wunderbhar?