Where Am I?

Thakkar

I think many of us are so in love with the idea that we don't live where all the other [insert nationality] people live, that we go overboard in the regurgitation of stories we heard that make Thailand sound so very different to [insert country of origin]. It makes us feel special, brave, different, unique, whatever.

As I ate my oatmeal lunch (with dash of Tabasco—I like to spice things up, man!), I pondered upon this notion that unless you're getting into trouble, laying face-down in a ditch, waking up in a jail cell or waking up in Roi-ET entangled in a naked threesome with a pretty woman and another person too pretty to be a woman (am I being too specific here?) then you're clearly not having any fun in life.

And you know what? That's exactly right! Life is an imitation of a Hangover movie, or it's no life at all.

So off I go, after my nap, to an early evening of debauchery. I just better remember to return home with the right color lampshade or Mrs. T will be all over me, and not in a pleasant way.

T

Sounds like you are doing many things right, and also like you've been lucky. Whatever you are doing seems to be working, so keep it up. smile.png

Yeah, you know, it occurred to me that by posting that I could be jinxing myself. I didn't allow that thought to linger though, because, as we all know, superstition attracts bad luck.

*actually I'm well-aware, and highly appreciative of how lucky I am. I've traveled in violent countries like Nigeria, South Africa, India, and, yes, even Thailand. I've seen my share of trouble and death threats. By rights, I shouldn't even be alive.

Orang is right that this is a violent society where, more than in many other places, life turns on a dime. A good defense is to avoid rose-tinted glasses, stay alert, keep a low profile and be careful who you associate with.

T

• Like 2

You need a hell raising wingman to show you around town.

Get out more. I know expats who stay home all day. Maybe go to the store or coffee shop and that's about it.

Yes, I read it as a cry for help, too.

If you can't get in trouble in Thailand, something is terribly, terribly wrong. wink.png

When a man gets in trouble in Thailand, it usually has something to do with the little head doing the thinking for the big head.

ye some times los can be quite boring,and since blether has taken a sabbatical,tv is quie boring now as well.

I'm back !!..............let's go!! drunk.gif

smile.png , Where burp.gif ...........................smile.png

What's the odds I'm going to get in trouble with my new OP in the CM forum? unsure.png It's all true though.

Anyway, what's this topic all about?? coffee1.gif

ye some times los can be quite boring,and since blether has taken a sabbatical,tv is quie boring now as well.

I'm back !!..............let's go!! drunk.gif

smile.png , Where burp.gif ...........................smile.png

What's the odds I'm going to get in trouble with my new OP in the CM forum? unsure.png It's all true though.

Anyway, what's this topic all about?? coffee1.gif

Dunno. coffee1.gif

• Like 1