Chiang Mai Architecht Hard To Find But When You Find Top (Stop Looking)

mascarakatze

I've used Khun Top for 6 projects. 4 condominium complete demolitions and 100% rebuilds and two house constructions for the first shovel in the ground to the day the keys are handed over. Three year after moving in if I need anything. plumbers, painters, window people, Top contacts them and they are in my house in one day (often the same people who helped build the house so they have an intimate knowledge of my house). He is on the site of a new build every day as well as an onsite quality control manager (every day)

This was his last house build for me <removed>

This is what he is doing now <removed>

This is his contact information <removed>

I am absolutely no nonsense when it comes to my workers and who I recommend and Top is on my A list

Edited by onthedarkside
email & websites removed as per forum rules
  • Like 2

Your projects looks wonderful. I love the colored concrete floor. Nice touch.

However, it boggles the mind that contact information for reliable Thai businessmen can not be shared here, yet I'm bombarded on every page with dating ads to meet Thai hookers girls. I don't understand the logic there. What good is a forum if people can't share positive information for a change? Oh well. *sigh*

It's fairly standard (and sensible) practise to not allow people's email addresses or other personal contact info to be broadcast to the world in a public forum - even if it's for 'positive information'. If the fellow has a web site for his architecture business I don't think there would be a problem posting its url, and I'm sure the OP would be happy to provide the details in a PM for anyone who's really interested in contacting said architect...

However, it boggles the mind that contact information for reliable Thai businessmen can not be shared here, yet I'm bombarded on every page with dating ads to meet Thai hookers girls. I don't understand the logic there. What good is a forum if people can't share positive information for a change? Oh well. *sigh*

Thaivisa has the no email rule to prevent 'email harvesting'. That's the technique where a program scans web sites and gathers email addresses for spamming purposes.

I was going to make a smartass remark, but your site won me over.. Have bookmarked your site as an example of excellent architecture, also specifically interior architecture. Especially liked the spiral staircase, and what you did with the bed and general layout to maximize space in studio apartments. (This one: <removed> )

Edited by onthedarkside
promotional website removed

I agree with you, but it appears in this case the contact information (apart from the email address, which it is probably sensible to disallow, if for no other reason than to spare Mr. Top from a lot of spam from automatic spambots) was links to the OP's own commercial business, rather than just pictures on a independent picture site.

Presumably the latter would not have been a problem, so perhaps the OP could post the pictures on some free picture site instead, not related to his own business? Presumably a telephone number with contact information for Mr. Top would also be ok, as at least my own posts including phonenumbers for recommended people, did not seem to be blocked. Only include the phonenumber with permission from the owner, of course.

Right, this topic doesn't make a whole lotta sense anymore with the information AND the site with pictures removed.. Let me provide some context by showing the pics as a separate upload, not a direct link to the site. (The site linked in the OP could be taken as advertising, that was what my smart-ass comment was going to be about, before I changed my mind because benefit of seeing an example of something really nice built in Chiang Mai outweighed any petty remark about advertising).

Anyway, I think it's interesting to see what can be done with only a little space in a studio condo. And it does look like an international class job, quite a bit above what you usually see.

(So again, I saved these pics and then put them as a regular upload, no link.)

post-64232-0-26963300-1365254737_thumb.j

post-64232-0-04211900-1365254742_thumb.j

post-64232-0-16166600-1365254748_thumb.j

post-64232-0-16935400-1365254753_thumb.j

And the spiral staircase in the other place that I talked about:

post-64232-0-40685400-1365255069_thumb.j

post-64232-0-76365600-1365255081_thumb.j

post-64232-0-21810000-1365255125_thumb.j

post-64232-0-31822700-1365255137_thumb.j

And finally the stained concrete polished floor that PoodMaiDai noticed:

post-64232-0-23589700-1365255153_thumb.j

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

I think they misunderstood it as a property site and not the architecture/home improvement site that it was. BTW I liked the question (and your answer) about how the loft bed stays in the air without an additional column support. I also wondered about that.

There's one more thing I'm wondering about but I may ask that on the architecture site as it would be off topic (and potentially frowned upon) here. smile.png

As for the sale price of that house, I have a feeling it won't come cheap.. so that may take some time to find someone in Chiang Mai with a lot of money to spend.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I'll join in on this one since there seems to be some confusion over contacts. We are in the middle of our second project with Top and wholeheartedly recommend him too. His company is called Top Design and Build and if the link goes just put all that together and add a dot com you'll be on his website. He's imaginative, reliable and honest with good English to boot.

Someone looking for an architect on another recent thread here asked about prices having been quoted from 1.5 - 11% and the answer, for those who have never been down this route is to expect between 3 - 7.5% depending on the popularity and experience of the person or company in question. There are some people around who will give you the impression that they are architects but in reality are draughtsmen or engineers. Now that's not to say that they can't draw up a set of plans for a house that will withstand the elements and OK to live in, but most people who go to the trouble and expense of building the proverbial "dream home" want something special and so good architects who can turn the dream into reality are in demand. Since they can only take on a finite amount of work, the price goes up. The exceptions are those who are still developing their own practice and if you are lucky enough to find someone good before demand pushes the price up, that's the way to go.

Here's a rendering that was a step on the way to how his current project is going.

i-6fhX7fx-L.jpg

My brother is an architect and since he doesn't practice on this side of the planet I hope the mods will leave this link to his website in since there are some lovely buildings to dream about. Sadly, I can't afford him anymore....

Thaivisa has the no email rule to prevent 'email harvesting'. That's the technique where a program scans web sites and gathers email addresses for spamming purposes.

Ohhhhhhh. Yes, I know what that is. It just never occurred to me TV may be looking out for people and thought it may have something to do with them not paying for advertising.

file://localhost/Users/richardkatze/Desktop/NEWEST%20PROJECT/1.1.jpg

file://localhost/Users/richardkatze/Desktop/NEWEST%20PROJECT/1.2.jpg

file://localhost/Users/richardkatze/Desktop/NEWEST%20PROJECT/8.jpg

file://localhost/Users/richardkatze/Desktop/NEWEST%20PROJECT/1.jpg

file://localhost/Users/richardkatze/Desktop/NEWEST%20PROJECT/1.1.jpg
file://localhost/Users/richardkatze/Desktop/NEWEST%20PROJECT/1.2.jpg
file://localhost/Users/richardkatze/Desktop/NEWEST%20PROJECT/8.jpg
file://localhost/Users/richardkatze/Desktop/NEWEST%20PROJECT/1.jpg

can you try the upload again, would like to see...