Torrent Blocking Or Throttling

Celcius

I believe 3BB have a download limit per day and then start throttling. This is based on data that is a few months old and from a time when I was downloading a lot. At some time of the day the speed would get slower and slower, but bang on midnight it would jump to a very high speed - over 1 MBps (1,000kBps).

I presumed this was because at midnight the amount I had downloaded on that (new) day was zero. So, as the decision to throttle or not was based on the amount downloaded so far that day, my connection was no longer throttled.

Of course, all this could be completely wrong and coincidental with other factors, but this sudden increase in speed at midnight (+/-15 seconds) was noticed by me on at least 4 separate occasions over a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

In over 7 years i have never been throttled by either TOT or CAT.

This mornings d/l's with TOT were at 900kbps.

Worst problem is keeping connected rolleyes.gif

I agree. I've run a number of tests. No throttling. The problem is usually the undersea cable and / or school kids on vacation, playing games.

• Like 2

Worst problem is keeping connected

Which would you recommend? Do you have a link so I can see there costs and services offered

Worst problem is keeping connected

Which would you recommend? Do you have a link so I can see there costs and services offered

I do not know what CAT now charge, as it is some time since I was with them and that was not in Pattaya, though others here might know. However, their office is on Pattaya Thai and they would have that information.

With TOT, I pay 631 Baht a month.

ADSL

Up to 10 mbs / 512kbps

TOT have a range of services too but I am not up on the full range. They are located on Pattaya Klang.

HTH

edit. Each to their own IP provider and many providers have issues with connections at times, as can be seen on thai visa. Some will tell you one is rubbish while others will praise it.

I have had issues with TOT but they were eventually resolved in the main, so I am happy again.

Edited by pattayadingo