Sliding Glass Door Fix

Hello,

I have these sliding glass doors, and one of them was derailed. The only thing I can read on the window is "CENZA" from on the locking part of the door. Strangely, it didn't seem to be jarred in any way before malfunctioning, just stopped sliding.

So.... there are two access points at the bottom and top of the door, covered by rubber inserts (when you take the rubber inserts off, the screws are exposed). Right now it is grinding the aluminum off when I slide it, and it is terrible to not have this door as it open to the outside heat.

I had a Thai guy from our building come, and he said, and after trying for a while, he said "can not fix, need window company". This did not surprise me, neither will the ensuing "tomorrow", and "next week, song kran" statements.

Anyway..... any help on how I can get this back on track appreciated. I am alone so it is hard to lift it and access it, but with some good advice I think I should be able to pull it off.

Thanks again in advance.

If you do a Google search for "Sliding glass door runner" I'm sure you will find a way of fixing your problem.

To remove the door, so that you can see the runner at the bottom of the door, move door to the centre and lift.

Swing the bottom out from the floor track and then you can place door on side edge so that you can see the runners and if there is a problem with them.

Hope this give you a start.

Edit to add

You say it is grinding the aluminum off when you slide it.

This indicates to me that the runners, at the bottom, have come of their track.

​As these are usually made of nylon, they could have broken.

Edited by kevjohn
  • Like 1

glassdude007 has repaired loads of these sliding glass doors.....

Best thing to do is call the local glassshop and have a glazier come to your house and repair the door properly...

but its and easy fix if your handy with a screwdriver and have a bit of common sense...

could be the wheels need ajusting...or replaceing...

easy to replace the wheels just un screw the security catch on stationary door lift it out from the outside then you can lift out the rolling door in the same fashion....

put the rolling door on ist side and you can access and replace the wheels...Best to take a sample of the wheels to a glassshop and they can match them up with proper replacement wheels...

or

Get a helper to lift the door either from the middle of the door or with a flat bar just raise the dooe a bit to take the weight of it...

The wheels have adjustment screws so with the weight of the door you should be able to adjust the wheels up a bit so the doors will roll properly...adjust the door via the wheels so it is is square in the frame so will lock corectly be sure to not adjust the wheels to high or the door will catch on the top...and not work corectly..

If the track is fecked gougheged up they make replacment caps to put over them but the door needs to be lifted out to make this repair...

best to call the glssdudes to come to your house and make this repair they probably have replacement wheels on there truck or else will take the doors out and make neccary repairs.....about a 1-2 hour job I would think...

good luck

• Like 2

Thanks. I actually got it sliding with kevjohn's first suggestion. it isn't fixed though. as i slide it all the way closed you can see it is crooked; the bottom is closed then it tapers open at the top. and when i lock it, it then slides back off track.

i think what i did was when i was adjusting the screws i had no idea what i was doing, and i raised one side. so ill try to lower that via the screws and see if it is 100% again.

thanks again to all.

Edited by isawasnake