Claiming Tax Credits - Uk Spouse Visa & 6 Month Visit Visa

Well, got a job offer in London at a bit more than 18,600, but with the cost of rent (and the fact that the wife would not be able to work until she got a spouse visa - non-visit).

So, the problem is that one would probably need to claim tax credits for the UK citizen son and myself (maybe any other benefits that we are eligible to too).

1. Would claiming any of the above (and any other entitlements) result in the Thai wife being refused a 6 month visit visa to the UK?

2. If the answer to 1 is "no", then would claiming such result in her being refused the spouse visa (that would be applied for after I have the job in the UK for 6 months and she goes back - assuming she gets the visit visa)?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by AngryParent

If you are eligible, I don't know what the criteria is, you can claim tax credits and that would not affect any application for your wifes application for settlement.

As for the visit visa your wife will need to demonstrate that the visit is genuine and affordable, there are no set financial requirements. If you are entiteled to tax credits then it should not affect the application.

The only thing I will say that a visit visa is just that, a visit visa, it's not designed to live together as a married couple because you have not yet reached the requirements for a settlement visa. Your wife may have difficulty in getting a visit visa in the circumstances you describe, she could also be lucky.