' Hunt The Smog' Project: Thai Govt Offering Cash For Photos Of Forest Fires

webfact

This 'effort' only makes the Gov't. appear as if they are really trying to stop these fires, which they are not.

Can you explain why they would NOT want to stop the fires? Could it be because every Government Minister holds large amounts of shares in private hospitals, or something equally as ludicrous?

This 'effort' only makes the Gov't. appear as if they are really trying to stop these fires, which they are not.

Can you explain why they would NOT want to stop the fires? Could it be because every Government Minister holds large amounts of shares in private hospitals, or something equally as ludicrous?

How241 is largely correct I think, government knows only too well that it's almost impossible to stop the burning in anything less than a well constructed and well managed change program lasting 25 years or more, the need/desire for farmers to burn the ground is so ingrained and there are almost no alternatives that are as cost effective - these one off bounty type programs are all talk and nothing more.

Last month we could see this scene every night for a week until the smoke got so thick the mountains were obscured. (Those lines are fires being set by locals walking on the mountain trails and setting fires.) I ran into a guy on a motorcycle pulling a flaming log about the same time and see folks often setting fires. If there was any enforcement, it would be easy for the officers to cash in, but I don't see it ever happening. Citizens or expats taking photos in Thailand of illegal activity is a rather dangerous option!

8488036045_83a0e7c314_z.jpg

T_Dog ... you could very well hit the jackpot with this one clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Citizens or expats taking photos in Thailand of illegal activity is a rather dangerous option!

Very much agree.

Next, it'll be...

Govt offering cash for photos of drug traffickers

BANGKOK: -- Anyone who takes a photo of a drug caravans through the forests and sends it to the authorities will be rewarded with Bt500 in cash under the pilot phase of the "Hunt the Traffickers" project.

"Good night Gracie."

Last month we could see this scene every night for a week until the smoke got so thick the mountains were obscured. (Those lines are fires being set by locals walking on the mountain trails and setting fires.) I ran into a guy on a motorcycle pulling a flaming log about the same time and see folks often setting fires. If there was any enforcement, it would be easy for the officers to cash in, but I don't see it ever happening. Citizens or expats taking photos in Thailand of illegal activity is a rather dangerous option!

T_Dog ... you could very well hit the jackpot with this one clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Oooh, that's scary, but a brilliant picture nevertheless.

• Like 1

The cash reward is only for Thais, Farlang will be charged 500 baht if they enter the Fire Shooting Contest for entrance fees.

Do they always pay cash then for anything they want, Cash is all so important-as money talks here.

Edited by ginjag

The cash reward is only for Thais, Farlang will be charged 500 baht if they enter the Fire Shooting Contest for entrance fees.

Do they always pay cash then for anything they want, Cash is all so important-as money talks here.

It said -saved changes.... again couldn't edit so nothing saved. why it says edit and cannot, then says save changes.. Ha Ha

Here's one I clicked this afternoon. Where can I claim my reward? whistling.gif

Careful with the evidence; it might be self-incriminating. No such thing as a free lunch, I'm sorry to say.

Edited by Morakot

Here's one I clicked this afternoon. Where can I claim my reward?

Careful with the evidence; it might be self-incriminating. No such thing as a free lunch, I'm sorry to say.

I could accept bags of rice instead of cash. :)

• Like 1

I could accept bags of rice instead of cash. smile.png

Should be OK. It will be fragrant rice, the new trademark one (Khao Hom Mali). Hope that's fine. smile.png

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

I could accept bags of rice instead of cash.

Should be OK. It will be fragrant rice, the new trademark one (Khao Hom Mali). Hope that's fine.

ah smoked rice

Helps get the weevils out, I think.

BREAKING NEWS: Farang beaten to death today by a Thai farmer and his 12 children for taking photos of them burning everything around them. Based on the multiple head wounds and countless gashes in his body made by a machete, the police ruled the death a suicide.

• Like 1

Since I moved to a high level apartment it became clear that 9/10 days Bangkok is covered in thick haze. Today is almost white out
Can anyone tell me is this due to the humidity or is it just straight up pollution?

post-144589-0-59618800-1365474166_thumb.

Bit late, and what if I photograph all my neighbours burning piles of leaves, you're going to give me 500 baht reward but fat chance you'll arrest anyone! What are the chances of spotting someone deep in a forest setting fire. Such a moronic offer!

Stop being soooo judgmental, it's the thought that counts. tongue.png I am in the local forest getting so good fire shots as I take in the clean air around me, cough, cough, cough.

But every plan isn't worth one Baht if it isn't strictly implemented = the next problem nearly impossible to solve. Does Thailand have a Heracles?

Only one. Chalerm.

I believe that you would need a Zeus first.

Bear in mind that Heracles was just as happy in bed with men as he was women

Chalerm would be more a "debacles"

But every plan isn't worth one Baht if it isn't strictly implemented = the next problem nearly impossible to solve. Does Thailand have a Heracles?

Only one. Chalerm.

I believe that you would need a Zeus first.

Bear in mind that Heracles was just as happy in bed with men as he was women

Chalerm would be more a "debacles"

You're probably right after seeing the "wine serving girls" Charlerm employes.

It was easy to find this one. Across the road from Chiang Dao Cave. I was there for three days, and it never stopped.

Show me the money!

This afternoon at 3 PM driving down the 121 between from Hang Dong Road towards CM / Lamphun Road .... A huge, but huge burning session happening on the right side of the road towards the back part where there are a lot of trees... no rice fields there ... ! but just burning the dried up leaves and dead branches ... flames were at least 2 meters high ... But hell didn't have a camera with me ... sad.png ... now I will carry one around all the time... it was really unbelievable ... and the smoke could be seen at least 2 Klms away ... Did anybody care or stop and report it ... ? No way //// Everybody just drove by and looked an moved on .... My Pen Rai!

• Like 1

Since I moved to a high level apartment it became clear that 9/10 days Bangkok is covered in thick haze. Today is almost white out

Can anyone tell me is this due to the humidity or is it just straight up pollution?

I drove back to Pattaya from BKK a few days ago. I counted at least 7 or 8 fires alongside the highway. One was so bad it stopped traffic as you couldn't see. Right in the government's own backyard and they do nothing.

But if money is offered to Thai's, guaranteed they will jump on this. Let's see if any cash is "coughed" up. 5555

Drove the Chiang Mai - Isan today.

Collected about 1000 pictures of different fires along the road (CM-Lampang-Uttaradit-.Phitsanulok-Lom sak-.....)

Where can I get my 500.000 Baht check? (1000 pictures x 500 per picture = 500.000).

Will they provide me another big check next week on the way back? Of course I will shoot pictures of different fires as plenty to chose from.

Being a humble man, I do not want to get too greedy; if they catch someone following my pics I will be glad to transfer the hard earned hundreds of thousand to the Thai Police " Stop Burning Fund". Doing that I can sleep away with a smooth smile on my face having done yet another good job.

Thanks for the cash first, however.