Htc One

fishbone

• 2 weeks later...

I also heard the 10th May from one of the official reseller but the price quoted was 25,000 for the 64Gb. Maybe 21,900 is the 32Gb price. Early shipments will be the silver version only ..

Which reseller is this? Would really like to know where I can get the 64GB version in Thailand.

I also heard the 10th May from one of the official reseller but the price quoted was 25,000 for the 64Gb. Maybe 21,900 is the 32Gb price. Early shipments will be the silver version only ..

Which reseller is this? Would really like to know where I can get the 64GB version in Thailand.

Just an FYI JMart is accepting pre-orders (1000 baht deposit) and expect to take delivery by this Wednesday. They are a national chain so should be easy to find and pricing is 21,900.

Regards,

Kurt

Just an FYI JMart is accepting pre-orders (1000 baht deposit) and expect to take delivery by this Wednesday. They are a national chain so should be easy to find and pricing is 21,900.

Regards,

Kurt

Thank you for the tip, it looks to be the 32GB version tho. I'm looking for the 64GB.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather wait for an update to the international model that incorporates a Micro SD slot like the Chinese model does (which also has 2 sim slots).

Well, there's the HTC One J that has a slot for microSD. However, it will be exclusively sold by KDDI in Japan. You can read more about it here.

Having a microSD card is somewhat problematic tho, since Google don't officially condone/support them. They're slower than internal storage and are prone to failure.

Although I do admit, it would be great to have the 64GB HTC One with a 64GB microSD card.

I'd rather wait for an update to the international model that incorporates a Micro SD slot like the Chinese model does (which also has 2 sim slots).

Well, there's the HTC One J that has a slot for microSD. However, it will be exclusively sold by KDDI in Japan. You can read more about it here.

Having a microSD card is somewhat problematic tho, since Google don't officially condone/support them. They're slower than internal storage and are prone to failure.

Although I do admit, it would be great to have the 64GB HTC One with a 64GB microSD card.

Interesting, thanks for the link. I actually really like the look of those minis too.

์I'd rather keep buying micro SD capable smartphones in the hope that memory manufacturers address the shortcomings of SD cards than encourage manufacturers to make phones without SD cards.

It appears that I am not alone; like with "say goodbye to the home button", Google's views on micro SD cards have been completely ignored by Samsung to great commercial success.

Evidently HTC is planning on selling a Google version (Sense-less?) of the HTC One.

HTC One Google
It's real and coming in summer
HTC is planning a Sense-free version of its flagship phone, CNET has confirmed.
by Roger Cheng May 24, 2013 5:20 PM PDT
The HTC One will indeed get the Nexus treatment. HTC will sell a Google Edition version of its flagship One smartphone with the stock Android operating system, CNET has confirmed. Word of a version of the phone without its trademark Sense user interface popped up earlier Friday on Geek.com, with a reported time frame of two weeks. HTC is indeed planning to launch the phone, but the only indication of timing was summer, a person familiar with the company's plans told CNET.
HTC has bet heavily that its Sense user interface will set its products apart from the rest of the Android pack. The move follows a similarly surprising announcement by Samsung Electronics that it would launch a version of its Galaxy S4 with stock Android. The phone strips out the many Samsung touches that were loaded into the phone.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57586184-94/htc-one-google-edition-its-real-and-coming-in-summer/

• Like 1

Evidently HTC is planning on selling a Google version (Sense-less?) of the HTC One.

HTC One Google
It's real and coming in summer
HTC is planning a Sense-free version of its flagship phone, CNET has confirmed.
by Roger Cheng May 24, 2013 5:20 PM PDT
The HTC One will indeed get the Nexus treatment. HTC will sell a Google Edition version of its flagship One smartphone with the stock Android operating system, CNET has confirmed. Word of a version of the phone without its trademark Sense user interface popped up earlier Friday on Geek.com, with a reported time frame of two weeks. HTC is indeed planning to launch the phone, but the only indication of timing was summer, a person familiar with the company's plans told CNET.
HTC has bet heavily that its Sense user interface will set its products apart from the rest of the Android pack. The move follows a similarly surprising announcement by Samsung Electronics that it would launch a version of its Galaxy S4 with stock Android. The phone strips out the many Samsung touches that were loaded into the phone.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57586184-94/htc-one-google-edition-its-real-and-coming-in-summer/

One can only hope that a Nexus-style HTC One can get HTC back on their feet.

HTC's profits have dwindled by 98% in Q1 2013.

It takes them 200h to mill a single case for a HTC One. In the same time Samsung have probably made about 100 Galaxy S IV, if not more.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to follow up on my own question, I bought one a few days ago at Jay Mart In Siam Paragon. Yes they're widely available in many places in Bangkok now. Price seems to be the same everywhere, ie 21,900 baht.. It's the 32 GB model.

Just to follow up on my own question, I bought one a few days ago at Jay Mart In Siam Paragon. Yes they're widely available in many places in Bangkok now. Price seems to be the same everywhere, ie 21,900 baht.. It's the 32 GB model.

Do you know any reseller that has the 64GB-version?

I went to JayMart who only had the 32GB version, and the seller was telling me the HTC One was only available in 8 and 16GB aswell as having room for expansion to 64GB via SD-card, rofl. All I asked him was whether they had the 64GB-version or not.

It seems to me that most salesmen in thai electronic stores have absolutely no clue about what they're selling?

I've looked at Dtac, AIS and True aswell, none of which have the 64GB-version.

If I buy it from the US, will there be any issues with the frequencies in Thailand?

I don't think you're going to find a localized 64 GB version here; there's just no demand.

There are a lot of different versions in the U.S., mostly LTE variants for AT&T and T-Mo, among GSM/SIM models.

I think the Play Store is selling a 700/1700/2100 (AWS) variant. Note that that 2100 would not work here on TrueMove H/2100/LTE.

There is an AT&T variant: LTE 700 / 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 which might be better? Depends on which service providers you use here.

No problems with 3G as most variants seem to support 850 and 2100 MHz.

I've only used Dtac and True here, would prefer to continue using True.

The reason for wanting the 64GB-version is because I want to avoid Cloud-based storage. Especially in Thailand where peering and bandwidth is horrendous. Ideally I would like to get the red 64GB-version.

I don't see myself paying for LTE in Thailand, I value price/performance, something that seems to be non-existant here. Internet is already expensive in comparison to what you get here. ~$100 for a premium 10/1 line, whereas in Sweden I could get 250/250Mbit and 1000/100Mbit for the same price, without any international issues.

32GB is enough for most people, but my music alone is about 55GB (750 songs in lossless .flac-format). Granted I'm not gonna put all of those on my phone, but I'd like there to be some room left for apps, photos, documents and videos.

Edited by Chamezz

I've only used Dtac and True here, would prefer to continue using True.

The reason for wanting the 64GB-version is because I want to avoid Cloud-based storage. Especially in Thailand where peering and bandwidth is horrendous. Ideally I would like to get the red 64GB-version.

I don't see myself paying for LTE in Thailand, I value price/performance, something that seems to be non-existant here. Internet is already expensive in comparison to what you get here. ~$100 for a premium 10/1 line, whereas in Sweden I could get 250/250Mbit and 1000/100Mbit for the same price, without any international issues.

32GB is enough for most people, but my music alone is about 55GB (750 songs in lossless .flac-format). Granted I'm not gonna put all of those on my phone, but I'd like there to be some room left for apps, photos, documents and videos.

Maybe convert to 192 AAC? On a phone, no one can the difference anyway.

Speaking of which, I bought an HTC One - yes, 21900 baht.

How on earth do I get music in this thing? The HTC Sync Manager software downloaded from their site is basic and shit. I thought iTunes was annoying but this takes the biscuit.

I keep pointing it to my ACC folder and it just stares at it. It keeps insisting on importing from My Music folder and keeps turning "import from iTunes" on - I don't want it on!

4 days of this shit now.... tedious.

Make the computer recognize it as a portable harddrive, and you'll be able to transfer stuff just like you do to a USB-stick.

Yeah, I could get 320Kbps-versions of my songs, but that would entail either converting all of my tracks or re-download them. Which would take a while with thai internet.

• Like 1

Ok, so I did some digging, and apparently HTC One supports all the frequencies. They are also listing the same frequencies on both the US and Thai site.

However, LTE is only available for select countries.

Well I got an HTC One but I can tell you, 5 days later and I STILL cannot get music files into the damn thing!

Yeah it looks quite nice and I don't mind the blink feed too much but damn, an iPhone is certainly more user friendly - at least to begin with.

I think the Play Store is selling a 700/1700/2100 (AWS) variant. Note that that 2100 would not work here on TrueMove H/2100/LTE.

Why wouldn't the 2100 MHz work on the trueMove H / cat 2100 lte? would the localized note 2 gt-n7100 work with the lte 2100 true h?

Why wouldn't the 2100 MHz work on the trueMove H / cat 2100 lte? would the localized note 2 gt-n7100 work with the lte 2100 true h?

AWS is a unique frequency/service utilizing both 1700 (up) and 2100 (down) for UMTS/3G or LTE/4G. T-Mo uses AWS in the U.S. in some locales, and your phone would need to support AWS to use this service. Hence my statement that the HTC One which is available on the Play Store would not work here on TrueMove H's 2100 MHz LTE, It would work on TrueMove H's, and DTAC and AIS, 2100 MHz 3G.

Not sure about the Note II's, check the specs. My quick review indicates that the N7100 does not support LTE - it does support 850/900/1900/2100 MHz 3G, while the N7105 additionally supports some LTE bands, but not 2100 MHz, as near as I can determine. If you want to use TrueMove H LTE here you'll need to source an LTE Band 1 compatible device.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/4g/shopping

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1