Koh Samui

cooked

What do you like to do cooked?

Quiet is relative.....you want remote or a nice beach?

inland?

Good restaurants?

Price range?

Thanks. I like a quiet life and can't see any point in paying ฿3000 a night for a place to sleep in. A nice beach, yes.

Maenam should suit you fine.

Yes, Maenam, or Ban Tai, Ban Por, all have nice places that are quiet and in all price ranges.... all north end of Samui.... then too there are some nice beach areas in the SW corner too.... (Thaling Ngam area) ...

Look at the Samui forum, there are pictures of just about every beach on the island, in the photo section! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

cornishcarlos. I heard that too - Samui sucks. In what way ? I was thinking of a trip there but have been put off by many people. I believe its a bland place flat with poor scenery. Chaweng I understand has a Bar Scene but not much point in leaving one bar-scene place for another.

Comments appreciated, thanks

cornishcarlos. I heard that too - Samui sucks. In what way ? I was thinking of a trip there but have been put off by many people. I believe its a bland place flat with poor scenery. Chaweng I understand has a Bar Scene but not much point in leaving one bar-scene place for another.

Comments appreciated, thanks

Samui has à great balance of everything a Thai island should have. Many other islands that people praise are ok if you want to live on a boring deserted island but samui has areas that feel like that and areas with more life. Nice to have a real mall, theater, bkk hospital, airport stuff like that. Skip chawang though.

Maenam should suit you fine.

agreed. Maenam is cool. Not too much, not too little.

Agreed, found a nice resort here, peaceful but small restaurants and shops up the road, sea 50 meters. Well worth the taxi ride (500).

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

We took the overnight bus from Saithaimai bus station, Bangkok-Koh Samui village 1000 Baht one way. A bit of an ordeal, I'll not do i again although I like the island. Few tourists around now so we will move around the island day by day keeping to the coast.

We took the overnight bus from Saithaimai bus station, Bangkok-Koh Samui village 1000 Baht one way. A bit of an ordeal, I'll not do i again although I like the island. Few tourists around now so we will move around the island day by day keeping to the coast.

Cooked!? You took the bus!???!

Stick around please, i'll be there next week! Got the last cheap seats from bangkokair...

Is the water temperature nice? Good news on the low amount of tourists..

Edited by Dancealot