Eulogy For Geo Holmes

Beardog

To Geo Holmes from England that passed away 2 months ago:
Geo Holmes was a good man. He had a heart of gold & had a good temperament.
He was my first neighbor in 2004 & we were neighbors the second time around when we both moved.
I tried E-Mailing him 3 times since I lost his Telephone number & he never e-mailed back. So today Alisa & I went by to see if he was alright or not & found out he had contracted lung cancer & passed away. He was the only person I loaned money to when he lost his wallet & all his credit cards his bank wasn’t very helpful & his friends turned a blind eye to helping him. I gave him 40,000 baht which he was able to repay in 4 weeks. Even though I broke the cardinal rule of lending to friends in Thailand I knew he would take care of the debt no problem.
His favorite sport was boxing & Mohammed Ali was his favorite. Seems fitting because Geo was quite a fighter in life (not in the physical sense) Ali would have been proud of his determination in life!
We were both sad to see he didn’t get a hold of us as we were too busy building a house & didn’t get out to Pattaya much in the 4 month time frame building. But that was his manner not to impose even on friends in time of need. To his buddy Eddie Thanks for being a friend & helping him out. The place where he was living the Thai owner also took care of him. He was fortunate she also had a heart of gold & was not the typical Thai lady we always hear about but genuine in concerns for his well being. He rented his apt. from her for 8 years.
To the rock hard fighter the people who you were friends with will always remember you & if there is such a place upstairs I know you are smiling down on us.
Rest in Peace my friend & glad to have been a part of your life!
Geo is the gent in the picture.
Thanks for the good memories & may the light shine brightly for you in the after life! You will be missed.
Barry…………

post-32440-0-51758700-1365490437_thumb.j