Who Read, Write In This Forum?

Bluecat

Where are you from (nationality)?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It would seem that some people are happy to admit where they are from,quite proud of it and say so. :D

Others although fully aware from where,may not be so happy to admit. :D

There must of course also be a third group who probabally have no idea where they cum from,dont want to find out and dont care anyway. :o

Maybe lifes too short to worry about it :D

Now, maybe I should protest against being associated with Norway, Finland, Iceland and Denmark too. After all, my balls are Swedish.

But that's ok.

It would have been more politically correct to separate the European countries though (Eastern Europeans might feel left out, Germans and French are normally not happy unless they are awarded separate attention as individual countries, and I believe Greeks, Italians, Spaniards and Portuguese wouldn't stand for being bunched together that easily unless the bunching was of their own making, and even if they would accept this, Ex-Yugoslavs might ask why they are not included in that group, as may Romanians, who since the fall of communism try very, very hard to remind themselves and others that theirs is a Romance language, not to be too associated with Slavic peoples.)

In other words, separate countries, or you are facing some grumpy Euros. :o

Mmmm! It seems i'm the only African lurking around here, by the way Africa is too big to be thought as one entity....................... n'way

I'm making my first trip to Thailand over easter to visit my girlfriend in BKK, i'm looking foward to sightseeing and the nitelife...........

Mmmm! It seems i'm the only African lurking around here, by the way Africa is too big to be thought as one entity....................... n'way

I'm making my first trip to Thailand over easter to visit my girlfriend in BKK, i'm looking foward to sightseeing and the nitelife...........

Early to bed....early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise :o And he has got a girlfriend, so the streets of nocturnal delights will not interest him at all

I'm making my first trip to Thailand over easter  to visit my girlfriend in BKK, i'm looking foward to sightseeing and the nitelife...........

Early to bed....early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise :o And he has got a girlfriend, so the streets of nocturnal delights will not interest him at all

mmmm the idea of closing of pubs is not great, i'll probably be checking out the more mainstream establishments like q bar and bedsupper. But its ironic my girl wants to go check out all the seedy establishment in bkk. She's lived a very sheltered life in bkk, plus she's spent past few years downunder..........Its gonna be strange walking into a bar with her , with all this bar girls working, we'll have a few drinks and have a laugh, we'll just look like a bunch of drunk tourists. You cannot tell she is thai , until she speaks , she's thai-chinese , but everyone thinks she's japanese :D

What wrong region?

The Australian do not want to be associated to the New Zealander?

The French do not want to be associated with the German, Italian, Spanish,... I thought there was a European UNION (maybe I should have called it Old Europe  :D) ?

I do not actually think this is the main reason but anyway, any feedback is most welcome,...

(Makes me wonder why we have so may people in this forum criticizing the Thai people about being nationalistic,...) :o

I think you're right there, bluecat. The idea of a poll like this is great, but it's difficult to do. Maybe just split up the world in continents, but so we never get the info we want. Otherwise it get's too complicated - too much nationalists around.

In my small homecountry of Switzerland we have 4 different regions/languages. Back home a french speaking guy (lass maybe, if I wear a nice suit and she hears the tingelling of the Porsche-keys - which I both dont't have) wouldn't speak to me. Here upcountry, meanwhile I met 2 guys from that area and we are having a real good time together. And my french is improving too...

About the EU... Back in the early 90s when we voted against it, I thought the EU is a good idea (unity of the cultures - break the barriers), but now after listening to a lot of expats from EU countries, I doubt that the EU will ever work out the way they promissed. All the countries that want and will be in EU will never make up a big "proud" nation like the U.S.. It's impossible 'coz of the difference and hattered between the cultures/countries. (e.g. I'm English, not a f*****g kraut, I'm aussie, not a sheepshagger etc.).

There's no point to make on my side. What I mean with the whole blabla, is that here we're all farangs, wherever we come from. We should stick together and help each other out in any way possible. That's why I like the forum a lot. I joined it today after reading it for quite a while, lots of help, info, fun but when it comes to nationalities also a lot a b****cks.

I gotta go now. The neighbourhood girls are nagging me already for the last 1/2 hr., while I'm writing, to get back to the party - a funeral. The poor bloke (teacher/47 yrs.) drunk himself to death. R.I.P. and cheers.