Food Carts - They Are More Then Slightly Annoying

ruds

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the post was clear.

They are making 10,000 a day.

You think they are making that much because someone told you they do.

I said it's probably gross takings and they probably don't have a clue as to the real net profit from sales.

You don't think that is a possibility? You don't think they may be exaggerating? A lot of people exaggerate earnings. A lot of people lack the basic accountancy skills to determine net profit.

I thought the post was clear.

They are making 10,000 a day.

You think they are making that much because someone told you they do.

I said it's probably gross takings and they probably don't have a clue as to the real net profit from sales.

You don't think that is a possibility? You don't think they may be exaggerating? A lot of people exaggerate earnings. A lot of people lack the basic accountancy skills to determine net profit.

That must be some mighty fine food they are selling to achieve 10,000 baht/ per day whistling.gif

The carts that have boiling cooking oil are dangerous. And they seem to have the end of the cart with the boiling oil next to where people are walking by, instead of at the opposite end away from footpaths. So since there is no sense of safety and prevention here its advisable to go out of your way to be very clear of this hazard.

Edited by morrobay

Do the food-cart operators have monthly committee meetings to decide when and where to "strike" next. Do they discuss at these monthly meetings which major roads to target and slow-up traffic. Do they decide an average distance i.e. 600 metres to pull into the fast lane on a sukhumvit to do a U-turn. cheesy.gif

The carts that have boiling cooking oil are dangerous. And they seem to have the end of the cart with the boiling oil next to where people are walking by, instead of at the opposite end away from footpaths. So since there is no sense of safety and prevention here its advisable to go out of your way to be very clear of this hazard.

"dangers", "hazards".

How many people have been killed or seriously injured by these dangers and hazards? I haven't heard of any in Pattaya in 7 years.

Potential dangers and hazards, yes, but this is not a nanny state where people are treated like babies. People have to watch out.

Edited by tropo

Tropo i bow to your wisdom.

Anyone sad enough to post nearly 13,000 posts on a forum is certainly the font of all thai knowledge.

It wouldn't have taken 3 posts to suspect that 10,000 baht per day PROFIT on a food cart is probably an exaggeration.

"dangers", "hazards".

How many people have been killed or seriously injured by these dangers and hazards? I haven't heard of any in Pattaya in 7 years.

Potential dangers and hazards, yes, but this is not a nanny state where people are treated like babies. People have to watch out.

Some folks around here sure are challenged on taking something at face value. It was a warning on a dangerous hazard - period.

Its not necessary to project your subjective viewpoint about statistics and nanny states , unless you havent any thing better to do , which looks to be the case.

Edited by morrobay

Always surprises me how tourist assume the vendors are making pennies.

In the wifes village in buriram the next door neighbour is making around 10,000 baht a day from a food stall .

I wish i could make that , the worlds changing and thais are becoming fairly wealthy.

I'm curious to know which food item he is selling.

I knew a vendor that sold 1,200 pieces if stick-meat everyday.

Looking poor but laughing all the way to the bank.

I hope this forum thread doesn't get out to the Thai's, at 10,000 baht profit per day we could see even more carts on the roads. As for the car haters, couldn't agree more, there are far too many cars on the roads also and I only use mine when I really need to. I would walk more often if there were decent paths to walk on.

Always surprises me how tourist assume the vendors are making pennies.

In the wifes village in buriram the next door neighbour is making around 10,000 baht a day from a food stall .

I wish i could make that , the worlds changing and thais are becoming fairly wealthy.

I'm curious to know which food item he is selling.

truffles....

A 10 hour day, that's 120 an hour / 2 a minute / 1 every 30 seconds. cheesy.gif

Not impossible. Multiple sticks are grilled simultaneously.

Yes. He grills more than one at a time.......

Imagine that.

Yes. He grills more than one at a time.......

Imagine that.

And does he need his calculator to calculate the cost if a customer buys more than a multiple of 1 ?? cheesy.gif

"dangers", "hazards".

Some folks around here sure are challenged on taking something at face value. It was a warning on a dangerous hazard - period.

Its not necessary to project your subjective viewpoint about statistics and nanny states , unless you havent any thing better to do , which looks to be the case.

I'll make it simple then. This hazard is insignificant as far as hazards in Thailand are concerned.

How many people are severely burned or killed by hot oil off street carts?

I will have to start looking more closely at those food cart vendors masquerading as millionairescheesy.gif

I have never thought too much about food cart vendors other than stare in amazement at the many and varied types of carts and foods that they sell.

Take the carts away and you take Asia out of Asia. A bit boring and bland really. Long live the food carts I sayclap2.gif

• Like 2

Jbrain he sells fish and loads of other types of food at an indoor market stall in Buriram city.

Three of them prepare the food in the morning and then him and his missus sell it.

I know he makes a min of 10,000 a day as ive gone out buying the fish and food many mornings and counted the kitty when they finished at around 4pm.

Like i say i wish i could make that money althogh the carts wont make so much i imagine.

He is a good chef used to work in the main hotel maybe that helps his bottom line.