Where Can I Buy An Android Tablet Anywhere In Samui

I have tried to buy a tablet to my wife's daughter simply because I have found one in Tesco lotus in Lamai Wifi + 3G under 10.000 B, and thought it could be a little gift for no particular reason, but sorry, "no more", I thought no problem I'll go to T.L. Shaweng, "no have", I went to Big C almost no tablet except Samsung and Ipad, (sorry to expensive) I went to 2 shops in Shaweng main road not far Tesco "no have"?

Last year I bought a laptop to my wife at "Banana" not far Tesco Lotus they had a good choice it seems they not there any more?

I Googled "computer in Samui" "where to buy tablet in samui" found a shop named "Rawadee computer shop" in Lamai near IT center... not there any more!

OK I am not a native English speaker sometimes I can miss something with Google? sick.gif

So if someone knows a shop anywhere in Samui?

Thank you in advance. wai2.gif

Many Thais and Farangs bought these cheap tablets. Some costed 4000-5000THB.

When they arrive you have to be quick.

I think you have to wait or order online, but not always an easy task.

You can TRY JIB computer opposite Makro, but not sure.

Hi,

Banana IT still there

If you stand with your back to Tesco it's across the road a little to the left.

About three shops next to each other. If they sell cheap tablets i do not know.

OK most thanks, my wife told me Banana not there any more, since in my (failed) memory it was same side Tesco, yesterday I said yes not there any more!

Hi,

Banana IT still there

If you stand with your back to Tesco it's across the road a little to the left.

About three shops next to each other. If they sell cheap tablets i do not know.

OK most thanks, my wife told me Banana not there any more, since in my (failed) memory it was same side Tesco, yesterday I said yes not there any more!

Banana is definitely opposite the construction wall 50 meters before Tesco coming from Menam. I have seen some inside Tesco Nathon for, don't know exactly ~8.000 Baht last Friday.

Halfway between the top of the automatic stairs & the downward trolley slope @ Big C is a stall selling just what you are looking for. Look for the girl with the tooth brace to confirm you're at the right counter. I've purchased 7 & 10" devices there recently.

HTH

www.expansys.in.th

have a good selection around 5000 baht.

Thank you every one I went to Banana this afternoon, they had no tablet at all in store, so in case I went back to Tesco Lamai, good luck they had received every single models this morning, so plenty of choice...yesterday nothing ! But I am kind of ashamed whistling.gif for I bothered every one of you with my my looking for a cheap tablet, because when hold in hand, compared with the Samsung Galaxy wich is really beautiful sick.gif.... So I came home with the Galaxy! Anyhow thanks maak maak every one, for when someone is a bit lost for anything Thai Visa is remarkable.. so are many of you for helping people wai2.gif

I am glad that you got what you wanted.

And thanks for updating us wink.png

• Like 1

Be extremely careful. The small shops are ALL grey market. This means alot of their products are NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY. Of course, they will tell you it is. I spent 20,500 on a Samsung galaxy SIII, from the shop at tesco lotus in Samui, as you enter the doors to the food court, on the right. When the phone quit after just 4 months, I brought it back for warranty. They tried to charge me 6,000 baht. After days of wrangling, they finally relented, and agreed to fix it for free. That was over 7 weeks ago. Still waiting for the part, supposedly.

Avoid the grey market thugs. Nearly every small shop in Thailand is grey market. I brought the phone to the factory warranty shop in bangkok. They looked it up, and said it was not covered. Not a phone that was supposed to be sold in Thailand.

Better to spend the extra 1,000 baht or so, and buy from a factory store, the apple store, or a big retailer like Banana, etc. Take my advice. I wish I had gone down that path.

• Like 1

Be extremely careful. The small shops are ALL grey market. This means alot of their products are NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY. Of course, they will tell you it is. I spent 20,500 on a Samsung galaxy SIII, from the shop at tesco lotus in Samui, as you enter the doors to the food court, on the right. When the phone quit after just 4 months, I brought it back for warranty. They tried to charge me 6,000 baht. After days of wrangling, they finally relented, and agreed to fix it for free. That was over 7 weeks ago. Still waiting for the part, supposedly.

Avoid the grey market thugs. Nearly every small shop in Thailand is grey market. I brought the phone to the factory warranty shop in bangkok. They looked it up, and said it was not covered. Not a phone that was supposed to be sold in Thailand.

Better to spend the extra 1,000 baht or so, and buy from a factory store, the apple store, or a big retailer like Banana, etc. Take my advice. I wish I had gone down that path.

Presently I bought this tablet at Tesco itself not a small shop in the mall I presume IT HAS warranty

I would agree, never buy from these little stalls,shops etc. We bought a PS3 from a toy shop here, those living here will know the couple dotted around the island(Lamai, Chaweng). Cost 18,000 baht, broke down, they said no warranty, then said 5,000 baht to fix it( with no promise to change if unsucessful). So we sent it to Sony Surrathani, guess what, was nearly two years old and well out of warranty, then they told my wife that it had the drive changed too.

Off to sirisin a few days later to buy a proper console with a proper warranty. There is another story with a PSP but I will not bore you with that, same shop, knackered too.

We only use large stores/chains now, but even Tesco lotus are a bit elusive when it comes to an exchange of faulty goods. Well done for buying Samsung, as there are a couple of service shops on the Island and found them efficient and reasonably priced, and get the parts quite quick too.